Here now - what to do with leftover CS??

jmpellet

DIS Veteran
This hasn't been a problem in the past for us but seems to be this time. Years ago they would let you switch 1 CS for 3 snacks. Has anyone had any luck doing this anywhere this year (2010 dining)? If so, please tell me where and I'll be there:)

It's a one for one swap now as far as I know.

What we did is grab a to go sandwich, dessert (like a krispy treat) and a bottle of soda, which is a complete meal, from our hotel CS location to burn up credits.

The front desk at POR did say one for one but I thought maybe others had some success other places like Goofys or other places:(

You won't luck out at places like Goofy's, but if you use CS meals for snacks like krispy treats and sodas you'll have a stockpile of sodas. This should help free up your snack credits for places like Goofy's.

We never use snacks for drinks as we use our extra breakfast ones for powerades, etc. I have a stockpile of 4 of them as we speak... I think I'll try to use some up at the Main Street Bakery just before we leave. I also have 2 extra TS that I think I'll use tomorrow morning for CS breakfast since it will be easier to do the one for one with cs at places like Goofy's...

Do you know if Goofy's will even do the one for one?

I could treat someone to breakfast the morning I leave as well...

After reading pp, it seems like maybe things have changed, but last Sept. (Sept. 09) we were able to trade 1 cs meal for 3 snacks at Pop's food court with no problems. We actually did it on 3 separate occasions. Good luck!

The front desk at POR did say one for one but I thought maybe others had some success other places like Goofys or other places:(

Did you just ask at the front desk or did you try asking at the gift shop and food court as well?

Unfortunately Goofy's Candy Co. has gotten tighter concerning snack credits on the DDP, so don't count on doing that there.

I would suggest using the extra credit for a sandwich or something for someone to eat as a snack.

With the "exchange 1 for 1" now the policy, I doubt you are going to find anyone or anywhere that will give you more.

With the "exchange 1 for 1" now the policy, I doubt you are going to find anyone or anywhere that will give you more.

Does this appear to be consistent now? I might need to re-look at my use of credits this trip - we are likely to have a TON of CS meals left over since we are doing several TS OOP this trip as well. :scratchin

How and where do you exchange 1 to 1? We had 3 CS left but a CM at Mrs Potts said they couldn't accept them :confused3

The parks are the worst places to try and change them. You usually have much more success at the resorts. In the past there were various routes you could go, each of them with varying success depending on the location and the CM you spoke to. It looks like things have changed recently where the trading of CS vs SC are concernd so I am going to refrain from commenting any further at this point. Hopefully someone who has just returned will post some updated info.

All along we said that when the snack credits ran out we would just use QS credits - take the dessert and drink and either trash the burger or ask for it to be left off.

I just didn't have the heart to do either - I can't waste food. So in the end we brought 3 QS home - couldn't eat the meals.

It would be great if your hotel or guest services could switch them for snacks - 2 to 1 sounds fair.

We ran into the same situation, with 4 leftover CS credits. Yesterday I was able to swap them for 3 snack credits for each CS credit at Earl of Sandwich. The only rule was that I could only get 4 drinks.

So in total we got 4 drinks and 8 snack items with the 4 CS credits.

Hope that helps!

It would be great if your hotel or guest services could switch them for snacks - 2 to 1 sounds fair.

They did in the past but it looks as though they have changed the policy. This thread made me take a long hard look at my tentative use of credits. I have no idea how we are going to get through all this food. We have more OOP TS than last time (on QSDP) which doesn't help matters. :rolleyes: Now I am trying to see if I can get smart by using CS credits at places like MSB for snacky type foods so we can use our snack credits for pre-packaged things to take home. The best I can do is 9 CS and 30 SC left over. :scared1:

Now that is a lot!! Have you included breakfast? If I had been organised I would have gone out somewhere for breakfast on the last morning which would have solved the problem.

BTW great to meet a UK friend over here on the big boards :)

what about using it for breakfast and also going to EOS and getting them to go? If you want to do something special buy someones meal.. Adds to the magic!

At Captain Cooks at the Polynesian, you can still trade one CS for 1 drink, one snack and 1 dessert.

Just wondering, can you use 1 TS for 1 CS? I'm thinking of using the DP and I know that my kids will have 2 extra TS credits. My husband and I are going to utilize the kids clubs for 1 or 2 nights.

Just wondering, can you use 1 TS for 1 CS? I'm thinking of using the DP and I know that my kids will have 2 extra TS credits. My husband and I are going to utilize the kids clubs for 1 or 2 nights.

We've been able to do this with no problem as well. We did it last Sept. a few different times, and I saw 2 ppl. do it at Cosmic Rays at MK last Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter