Here now....staying at Pop

tulamom

Earning My Ears
Been here with hubbie and 2 kids since last Friday. Not our first trip but our first trip over the Christmas holiday. It's been great so far. Weather a little uncooperative with more drizzle than I'd like to see but no complaints there is plenty to do. Our touring strategy is early mornings at the parks, long naps at the hotel every afternoon, and back to the park in the evening.

I was quite intimidated by the thought of the crowds as we've never traveled when it's been this busy, but pleasantly surprised that with proper expectations and some reasonable plans we've gotten to do everything we wanted so far!

Any questions ask away--

Shelly

Does your room at POP have the new bedding and fridges? I've heard they're switching them out.

Also, how are you liking your magic band?

I'm in a 60's preferred room and definitely the fridge is new and works fantastic. We have plenty of space for what we need. It is very cold and when we put our OJ (individual bottles) and cream cheese in the started to freeze. Moved things towards the door/bottom and it was ideal. We packed breakfast food and eat in the room before we leave....snacks as well....helps cut down on cost and have been able to enjoy some sit down dinners. Counter service lines have not been too long if we are going in the slightly "off" times....eating lunch/dinner early or late.

As far as bedding I guess I don't know. It looks new to me but this is our first time at POP. It is all very clean and comfortable. We had to request some extra blankets for the room we like to sleep with blankets. The blankets appear new, white, and they are soft.

The wi-fi stinks but I was expecting that from others. I think POP is an excellent value for the money. Especially this time of year when staying at a moderate or delux really would have been outside our budget. We don't do much in the rooms but sleep and get ready. It is definitely close for comfort now that we have a teenager in the family but still workable.

A friend of mine has been at Pop for the past week and found the WiFi there to be HORRENDOUS. It took several days for them to get it fixed, but it does now in her building. I'd call the front desk to let them know you're room is having issues too.

How is the weather? Are people wearing shorts? Just not sure what kind of pants to pack????

Was going preferred worth it? How close is your walk to the food court/buses? :)

Thanks for your review on the resort. Glad to hear they're getting the new fridges in. We're wanting to take our own breakfast food, but don't want to risk not having a fridge in our room.

What to pack? I've been mostly wearing jeans and a t-shirt with a hooded sweatshirt for early mornings/late evenings. Lots of people are wearing shorts, I don't tolerate feeling cold well so I'm just more comfortable in jeans. I did pack some capris and DH and DS have worn shorts a couple of afternoons. My kids swam once....there have been people in the pool (not many but some).

Was preferred worth it? Yes, for me it was. Nice to be close to the cafe to get drinks etc....overlooking the pool so we can peak out to see what's happening. Feel like we're more a part of whatever is happening. And yes, closer to the bus for those late nights when we're dead tired it is worth it, especially when my 6 year old is starting to fall apart!

POP has it's own bus system, which is also good. We have stayed at the all stars twice and didn't like that the buses were shared. I would stay here again if needing to stay in a value. We've only been able to do a moderate once....would love to do that again when it's in the budget but as I said with the prices being higher in the holiday season this is what worked for our family.

Have fun everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter