Here now, SO much pixie dust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpie

DIS Veteran
I think this is shaping up to be one of our best trips ever! Cast members have been wonderful, the busses have been running amazingly well, great conversations with other guests, beautiful weather, reasonable crowds, almost got all my stamps in the Festival booklet, finally did the Tea Garden tour, found great spots to sit and watch the Star Wars fireworks (wow!)...

And we keep running into random clouds of pixie dust!

Just a couple examples: Went to see if the cm at the fire station had either of the last two cards I was looking for. She didn't, but asked if I wanted to trade anyway, so I offered her one of my star duplicates, figuring it'd be a nice surprise for the next person coming along. Behind the card she gave me was one of the party cards, for a party I'd missed!

And the other night, we stopped in at guest services to make a fourth fastpass, only to find the machines down. So we asked the cm at the counter if she could make one for us. Instead, she gave us three, anytime, for our top three choices! Really made the night magical. :)

And there's been more!

It makes me a bit wistful that it will be nearly twenty months before we come back. Disney really seems to be stepping up their game with all the little extra touches this trip. Just the other night, for example, we noticed they were piping in the soundtrack to the Star Wars fireworks on the bridge between Aof A and Pop (nice view there, btw).

It's the little touches like that which make this place special. :)

Happy for you.... so here's what I think..... people who go to WDW NOT expecting pixie dust are the ones who see it the most! pixiedust:

We went once during Easter week to see our DS march in the parade with his band and had really low expectations due to crowds... well we met the nicest people in lines, people shared FP (in the days of paper FP)with us for Splash Mt and TSM, CMs were super friendly, we got great tables and service in the restaurants etc.... Must be something about the vibes you give off ??

Happy for you.... so here's what I think..... people who go to WDW NOT expecting pixie dust are the ones who see it the most! pixiedust:

We went once during Easter week to see our DS march in the parade with his band and had really low expectations due to crowds... well we met the nicest people in lines, people shared FP (in the days of paper FP)with us for Splash Mt and TSM, CMs were super friendly, we got great tables and service in the restaurants etc.... Must be something about the vibes you give off ??

You've just reminded me, I can't recommend Skipper's Canteen in MK highly enough! Terrific staff, neat theming, really interesting menu, and it's a table service you can just walk up to (since they don't take reservations).

Also, there's a guest several rooms away from us who is really not having a magical vacation. From the sound of him, he's a full grown man, and he was pitching a tantrum loud enough the other night that he woke up both me and my neighbour (but fortunately not her baby), in the middle of the night. And he made his little girl scream and cry. According to my neighbour, he was pitching another fit again yesterday afternoon, which I wasn't around for. But fortunately I didn't hear from him last night, so hopefully he's gone. I'm sorry his family has to put up with that.

So it's possible, you're right about 'vibes' and we really do contribute toward making our own good time, at least to a small extent, as I can't imagine the staff here are at all keen to interact with *that* fellow, much less sprinkle him with pixie dust. ;)

So happy to hear that you are enjoying your magical trip . We surely need to hear some positive feedback ! I truly believe your attitude controls your experience . (Perhaps your "neighbor " needs an attitude adjustment ). It's fun to talk with others and share the Magic that seems to be missing out in the real world . Thanks for sharing !

You mean WDW is not a money-sucking pit of despair full of rude CM's, filthy bathrooms, and unmet expectations? Because that's what it's supposedly become these days, if some corners of the DIS are to be believed. :p
You forgot how you can't ride anything with FP+ and how bad the food is! LOL, Glad the OP is having a great time.:thumbsup2 If you notice, the same people usually start and/or comment on the despair threads. :cool2:

I think this is shaping up to be one of our best trips ever!
It makes me a bit wistful that it will be nearly twenty months before we come back. Disney really seems to be stepping up their game with all the little extra touches this trip. Just the other night, for example, we noticed they were piping in the soundtrack to the Star Wars fireworks on the bridge between Aof A and Pop (nice view there, btw).

You can see the fireworks over HS from POP???? That is awesome! And I LOVE your post,thanks for sharing! Can't wait to get there myself and enjoy it!

I think this is shaping up to be one of our best trips ever! Cast members have been wonderful, the busses have been running amazingly well, great conversations with other guests, beautiful weather, reasonable crowds, almost got all my stamps in the Festival booklet, finally did the Tea Garden tour, found great spots to sit and watch the Star Wars fireworks (wow!)...

Just a couple examples: Went to see if the cm at the fire station had either of the last two cards I was looking for. She didn't, but asked if I wanted to trade anyway, so I offered her one of my star duplicates, figuring it'd be a nice surprise for the next person coming along. Behind the card she gave me was one of the party cards, for a party I'd missed!

And the other night, we stopped in at guest services to make a fourth fastpass, only to find the machines down. So we asked the cm at the counter if she could make one for us. Instead, she gave us three, anytime, for our top three choices! Really made the night magical. :)

And there's been more!

You can trade cards at the firehouse?

And there's been more!

Reading this makes my heart happy!! Yay!! I'm just thrilled that you're having such a nice trip! :flower1:

You've just reminded me, I can't recommend Skipper's Canteen in MK highly enough! Terrific staff, neat theming, really interesting menu, and it's a table service you can just walk up to (since they don't take reservations).

Also, there's a guest several rooms away from us who is really not having a magical vacation. From the sound of him, he's a full grown man, and he was pitching a tantrum loud enough the other night that he woke up both me and my neighbour (but fortunately not her baby), in the middle of the night. And he made his little girl scream and cry. According to my neighbour, he was pitching another fit again yesterday afternoon, which I wasn't around for. But fortunately I didn't hear from him last night, so hopefully he's gone. I'm sorry his family has to put up with that.

So it's possible, you're right about 'vibes' and we really do contribute toward making our own good time, at least to a small extent, as I can't imagine the staff here are at all keen to interact with *that* fellow, much less sprinkle him with pixie dust. ;)

Maybe it's just me, but if I heard an adult yelling in the middle of the night to the point that a child in that room was crying, I would report that immediately (especially if it was the second night in a row). These are signs of physical or emotional abuse. While it may have been a 'bad day,' and some may not think it's their business, if the well-being of a child is in question that, to me, is another matter.

Glad you are have a great time and thank you for posting. I'm sure some will read your post and say, well what's so special about that aren't they supposed to do that? I say, yes, it's special and yes it is what you make of it. My son is Navy retired for physical reasons and has PTSD. We were there in March and I heard him laugh out loud for the first time in a year. Talk about magical, I had barely seen him smile so to hear him laugh was just perfect. He even danced when we were walking back to our room on the BW bridge, they were having a party at YC and he could hear the music, it was some line dancing thing and he stopped right there in the middle of the bridge and demonstrated for me. As far as I'm concerned, the magic is alive and well.

You can see the fireworks over HS from POP???? That is awesome! And I LOVE your post,thanks for sharing! Can't wait to get there myself and enjoy it!

I am also interested in knowing if you can really see the Star Wars Fireworks from the bridge between AoA & POP. That would be super cool. Especially if they pipe in the soundtrack.

So, so, SO happy to hear this.
I'm lucky enough to be participating in the International College Program this summer. I've been wishing to work at WDW since I was 15, but lately there's been so much negativity, uncharging, and general gloom that I was getting a little sad thinking that maybe it wouldn't be as magical as I thought. Nonetheless, I hope as a CM this summer I can make other people's vacations as amazing as yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter