Here now since 24 June...my thoughts

guynhawaii

Mouseketeer
Aloha,
My family of four have been here relaxing here at DLR since 24 June. We hit the parks every day using EMH at 7 AM. Generally retire back to the hotel after a lunch. Return to the parks at night. Been attending DL since 1968. Taking into account everything is relative and everyone has a different perspective, here are my random thoughts and observations:
DCA. Starting to grow on me. Perhaps because DL is so darn crowded. Able to knock out all of the rides by lunch with a lot of early AM walkons. Walked on TSM, Screamin, GRR twice each and Soarin by 9 AM.
DCA TOT. TOT has six elevators of which only two have been operational since Monday resulting in no FPs and long lines.
DCA Racers. Two of three times the ride was down during our FP period. Returned later but the FP line was loooong.
DCA Cove Bar. My family's favorite DCA restaurant. They didn't care for CCT. Oh well....
DCA Pixie Dust. The CMs have been very generous. Due to various reasons received a free Churro and Schmozie (msp?) on Tuesday.
WOC. Was nice. But no pull for additional shows. However, PTN and FWs are definite repeats.
DLR PTN and FW. Curb sitting is generally all taken on Mainstreet and Hub by 6:45 PM every night. Both are awesome. Don't understand the FW show. It starts and ends about WD and DL but everything in the middle is about the movies.
DL crowds. Brutal by 11 AM. Max use of FPs and creative touring.
Flexibility. It's a must. First day at DL last Thursday during EMH, four major rides were down at the same time! BTMRR, HM, Splash and Indy. Yikes!
BB. Still rocks. Enjoyed the rail table. Surf and turf is only 4 oz each. Filet is 7 oz.
Splash. During the cool PMs this past week Splash has been walk on starting around 8:30 PM.
BTMRR. Outstanding.
DLH. Staff and housekeeping have been very professional and supportive.
Teenagers. My two children are now teenagers. Totally different perspective in touring the parks. At least for me. Emotional roller coasters...like to stay up late and sleep in, very challenging for me. I miss my little girl who is now 14 yrs old. But they still put up with me.

Thanks much. I am going soon and appreciate reading your thoughts. My kids are teens too but I have to say that mine were worse in the emotional roller coaster dept when they were toddlers! At least I can reason with them now. And the ONLY place on earth they will get up early is Disneyland so thank goodness for that.

First day at DL last Thursday during EMH, four major rides were down at the same time! BTMRR, HM, Splash and Indy. Yikes!

From what I've read it's usually just most of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland open during EMH. Last Tuesday we saw a few tomorrowland rides just opening at 7:30. Were the rest of frontierland and adventureland open when you were there? If so you got a great deal even with 4 big rides down.

Aloha,

You're right. Only FL and TL are open at EMH. My bad. We started at TL at 0700 and went to AL at 0800. Indy was down. Then went to BTMRR and it was down. Walked to Splash same thing followed by HM.

By the way, DCA's ToT was still down to only two operating elevators (out of six) as of late Wednesday night (1 July). Resulting in no FPs and long lines. No idea on when the other four elevators will be operational. So if you want to ride ToT, recommend to do it ASAP within a couple of hours of park opening.

I totally agree with all you have written. We were there from the 28th until today. I thought the crowds were pretty heavy. Only mornings were pleasant but it's hard to see any of the night time entertainment and get up to get to the park by 7!!

Been here as well since the 28th. Lots of ride breakdowns. BTMR was down all day today. Even newly opened Peter Pan went down for the evening

There were a LOT of ride breakdowns when we were there the week of June 22 to 27th also. Don't know what's up with that, but it's the first time we've been there that this has happened so much. Thankfully, single rider lines helped us make up for lost time!

BTMR still down this morning. Lucky we rode it earlier in the week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter