Here now...pirates hologram broken!

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
We went on Pirates on Sat night and the smoke/hologram thing you go thru before the drop...not working. So we went again today and I asked and CM said it was still broke and wouldn't be working for awhile. Did anyone know about this? We were kindof disappointed to miss that part of the ride.

We were there from Sept. 11-15th and it was working then either. Hope it's up and running when we go in December!

I had noticed it not working when I was there about a week + ago. They still had the audio going, though. Very disappointing since it's a cool effect. Hopefully they'll get it working again soon.

We were there from Nov 9-19 and it was working one of the days we went on and then not on another.
A big huge drop of water hit me on the head as we went under that area :rolleyes:

We were there Sept. 18-27. Sometimes it was on, sometimes it was not. Seemed like it was on at night, but not during the daytime. On previous trips, it seemed to always be on.

We were there Nov. 11-19 and it worked only once. We rode it about 8 times that week. Not only that, but other parts of the ride were not working...the woman that chases the man with a broom was not working that whole time, either. We still enjoyed the ride, though. :)

When I rode it 2 weeks ago it wasn't working and I noticed that the YO HO song wasn't loud through the entire ride only towards the end when the town was burning through the rest of the ride it was flute or squeeze box at a lower volume and you could clearly hear the pirates speaking.

Heres to hope:worship: they have it up and working by april:surfweb: its always to go on rides when there is something down.

Those misting machines are notoriously unreliable. One day you'll ride PotC and the effect will be off, the next day it'll be back on. Sometimes it'll be off for weeks. They use the same machines in the PotC and Indiana Jones attractions at Disneyland, and they're also prone to numerous breakdowns. You never can tell.

We went on Pirates on Sat night and the smoke/hologram thing you go thru before the drop...not working. So we went again today and I asked and CM said it was still broke and wouldn't be working for awhile. Did anyone know about this? We were kindof disappointed to miss that part of the ride.

Never been on it - will the kids miss it at all if they've never seen it in the first place? Wonder why it's been out of commission for so long...

Thanks for the info!
pirate:

It's just more of the cutbacks disney is making because of the economy!!!!

:rolleyes1

When we went to MNSSHP on 10/24 it was working fine. :confused3 I hope it goes back up soon! I can't quite imagine Pirates without it now; it's quite cool.

Never been on it - will the kids miss it at all if they've never seen it in the first place? Wonder why it's been out of commission for so long...

Thanks for the info!
pirate:

It's great fun to see, but it's not integral to the storyline. It's just a cool effect that you pass on your way to the main part of the attraction. Believe me, there will be so much going on that you and your children won't miss it at all. :)

I watched an engineering show on the Science(Sc) channel about this subject. These intelligent minds basically came away with the fact that it is very difficult to create this effect. They had problems with the water and the image displaying properly. I imagine when this breaks they prolly have to call in some heavy hitters to fix it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter