Here now...overheard Mine Train -Saturday, May 3rd

I would think the only way you would get on the ride would be FP+. Would we be able to prebook it, if so when would it appear on the FP+ secreen. I remember we were at RD for TSM and it was like a herd of elephants in a stampede. There you saw many in Standby line plus folks getting the old FP

Just remember the possible May 3 Official Grand Opening will just be a ceremonial,ribbon-cutting event-the ride should be in Soft Openings or even full day operations WELL ahead of the Grand Opening.:)

Just remember the possible May 3 Official Grand Opening will just be a ceremonial,ribbon-cutting event-the ride should be in Soft Openings or even full day operations WELL ahead of the Grand Opening.:)

How far ahead is typical?

We rode Little Mermaid during a soft opening. It was in mid October and the ride officially opened December 6th.

gah. We're going to be there April 28th to May 2nd! Our two Magic Kingdom days are those two days. I was hoping to be able to ride it at Rope Drop on May 2nd. I know it'll be in Soft Opening by then, but with the media event those 3 days, are they going to have it still opened and working at Rope Drop? How did they do it with the media events for the rest of Fantasyland?

We'll be at MK April 30th & May 1st!! I hope it isn't too crazy with the media event being the same time. Is the ride still open to the public during a media event?

Hopefully it will cut down the crowd at DHS on Saturday though!! lol

We'll be at MK April 30th & May 1st!! I hope it isn't too crazy with the media event being the same time. Is the ride still open to the public during a media event?

Hopefully it will cut down the crowd at DHS on Saturday though!! lol

I think the best predictor would be how they handled the grand opening of the rest of New Fantasyland in December 2012. I know they had soft opens leading up to the media preview and grand opening. Does anyone remember what access was to that area in the couple days just prior to the 12/06/2012 grand opening?

I know we were there on the 7th and were worried that the park would still be crazy busy. The LM ride had a 120 minute wait that entire day but I've never seen the rest of the park so empty. Granted, that was on a MVMCP day, but I also think it helped to avoid grand opening day proper.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the schedule stays in place. I'll be there on a quick visit May 10-13, and thrilled that there might be a chance to ride this.

I've heard about "soft openings" preceding a media event. Any guesses when that would start and how that works if we happened to be there when it happened?

We went middle of October in 2012 and they had a soft opening for The Mermaid Ride. It was officially opened until early December. I'm hoping for a soft opening in Mid March for the Mine train, because that's when I'll be there!

We went middle of October in 2012 and they had a soft opening for The Mermaid Ride. It was officially opened until early December. I'm hoping for a soft opening in Mid March for the Mine train, because that's when I'll be there!

It could be in the very early soft open stage by mid-March. Good luck!

We did soft openings for Fantasyland expansion mid October and then were there for media and official openings in December. They will probably keep the sma type schedule with guests getting to ride the mine train off and on from mid-march on.

We did soft openings for Fantasyland expansion mid October and then were there for media and official openings in December. They will probably keep the sma type schedule with guests getting to ride the mine train off and on from mid-march on.

Was the ride running during the media event though? Were you able to do it at Rope Drop if you wanted?

Me too! :thumbsup2

Great job eavesdropper! Can someone tell me what a soft opening actually is? Is it available for any guest? Only certain times during the day? Just curious!

Great job eavesdropper! Can someone tell me what a soft opening actually is? Is it available for any guest? Only certain times during the day? Just curious!

We were there for a little mermaid soft opening. The area wasn't open to guests, but there were CMs standing by and asking certain guests if they'd like to ride. We walked up to ask when it was expected to open and they asked if we wanted to ride. The next night, we went by again and the ride wasn't operating. There was signage around too, but I didn't pay attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter