Here now... need help with non Disney days

mjlum

Mouseketeer
i planned for 3 non Disney days... already bought tickets so not adding more Disney days
Mission/ beach
Science center
Griffith observatory/ pony rides

Here now and already did the mission and beach. Hubby saw pictures of the observatory deck and thought there was more to it... are there some kind of exhibits that would hold the interest of a 7 & 9 year old...and the hubby too? Need Help with replacing Griffith observatory!

Thought about Japantown... eat there and what else?
Universal... my 9 year old loves Harry Potter, but I hate those simulation rides and at $100 a piece, it's pricey for just Harry Potter... anywhere else to see Harry Potter stuff?
Orange park... what to do there?
Seal beach looks like the closest... how does it compare to laguna...we just went to laguna yesterday, but hated the traffic coming back to Anaheim.

Seal is a great family friendly beach! Go for it. The Vans U.S. Open of Surfing is going on this week in Huntington Beach which can be fun but also crowded. Bolsa Chica State beach is our favorite; its in between Seal and Huntington. There is always parking too; $15 for a day pass. So nice and relaxing. Hunting for parking triggers me, LOL!

Personally it's too warm right now to tour Los Angeles. Catalina Island can be fun for the day but sort of expensive between the 90 minute boat ride to/from.

My kids really enjoyed the California science center. We all did, actually. Lots of hands on exhibits. We were just there in June. My kids are 14, 7.5 and 6.

I posted this in another thread, so hopes you don't mind me posting it again. It is relevant to your question :goodvibes

The OC Fair is open until August 12! This is really fun! If you are a foodie, there a lot of crazy foods you can try: deep fried twinkies, Krispy Kreme doughnut burgers, etc! The also have rides, games, and shows! Here is a link so you can get a better idea of what they have. https://ocfair.com/

OC Bus also offers the OC Fair Express during this time. The bus ride is only $2 per person and if you take the bus you get OC Fair admission ticket for only $4!! I believe it is normally it is $14, Here is a link for the OC Fair Express. http://www.octa.net/Bus/OC-Fair-Express/Overview/

Kriss :tink:

Warner Brothers Studio tour had some cool HP stuff along with Batman than would interest kids.

We did the Observatory this May, really enjoyed it. Spent about 3 hours which included one of the shows (Water is Life). After that we went to the carousel (where Walt thought up DLR), they are pretty fast and it is a longer ride than the carousel at DL. We then went to the Original Farmer's Market for lunch - our favorite place to get lunch when in the area. You can spend quite a bit of time there since there are several shops (awesome candy shops) and The Grove is right next to it if you want to shop.

After lunch we still had plenty of time to do something else, but we just ended up going back to DLR. But from the Farmer's Market you can easily go to the La Brea Tar Pits, the LACMA or the Petersen. The Petersen is an automotive museum - I could not care less about cars and I loved it. There is a whole section of cars used in movies.

We really liked Santa Monica pier - the earlier the better since it can get crowded in the afternoon. Weekends are very busy there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter