here now-MNSSHP is packed!

We were there last night also (9/29) and it was packed. I had no idea that it would be that bad.

We went last night and did not think it was bad at all. The turnstyles and walkways were crowded coming in at 7pm but they were clearing out day guests too. The rides were all walk ons and the hub at the front of Main St was empty for the second parade. We watched the 2nd parade in Fronteerland then cut through Adventureland to the front of Main St to see it again:) There were zero lines for candy except the Alice in Wonderland trail-mostly bogged up by people taking pictures with the charactes wandering it.

it was also one of the cm discount nights (there aren't that many and a lot of cms like to take their kids), there were a whole lot of factors into the crowd last night:
cm/ap/dvc discount
friday night
fall breaks are starting
free dining
only one party this week
food and wine started this weekend (i saw many who went to food and wine dressed up and then hop over to not so scary party)
i think the weeks ahead might not be as bad cause starting next week there are more than one party a week to help thin out the crowds

beattyfamily said:
AP & DVC discounts are available on these nights only: Sept 15, 22, Oct 16, 17, 23, 24

Phew, I didn't miss out on a discount!!! :thumbsup2

I was amazed to see the 'sold out' signs as we were driving up to the party last night. Obviously, this was the busiest evet that we had been to and it was definitely more crowded than in years past. The whole experience made us vow to only go every other year. At least the weather was nice! :sunny:

We were also there on 9/29 and it was crowded. We have been to 3 previous parties and this was the worse by far.

I didn't know the party was sold out since we went in early for an ADR at LTT. The ride lines weren't long, but the lines for the candy and pics with the characters were.

There were alot of things about this party that will have us rethinking attending another in the future. The kids had a good time and didn't notice but DH and I both agreed, we will forgo the MNSSHP next year.

roliepolieoliefan said:
The kids had a good time and didn't notice but DH and I both agreed, we will forgo the MNSSHP next year.
Agreed! We were there and it was shoulder to shoulder. Ride lines were not long (some were walk ons) but walkways were packed even until after the second parade. Longest line we waited in was for face painting which was not marked on the map. (There were 2 and the one in Adventureland had a very short line.) CMs also seemed to be very conservative with candy. Been there, done it, not going back.

I had the same experience as triplefigs, I thought the crowds were huge. I got into quite the jam up near the castle trying to head to Liberty Square, it was total gridlock.

usewickhouse said:
Not sure but I'm pretty sure that there is NO MNSSP on Friday October 13, 2006. There is one on Thrusday October 12, 2006 though. FYI for all you out of State/town people. Most of the schools are out that Friday 10-13-06 and some are out Monday 10-16-06 as well.

Thanks for the info - We're going Oct. 17, so hopefully the crowds will be down a bit. I'll take another look at our Sat-Mon plans - I'll bet it's going to be packed! FYI Minnesota has no school Wed - Fri of that week for the state teacher convention. I wonder if other states do too? I know that's why we're getting a little trip in!

beattyfamily said:
AP & DVC discounts are available on these nights only: Sept 15, 22, Oct 16, 17, 23, 24

I got an AP discount for the 9/29 party.

We attended the party on 9/22 and 9/29..and 9/29 was so much more crowded. I think those of you going in Oct. are going to have better luck with crowds. I also think free dining combined with room discounts and the food and wine festival helped jam pack the party on the 29th.

puggymom said:
I got an AP discount for the 9/29 party.

Wow, that's interesting. I just checked and all websites don't have 9/29 listed so either they all missed that date or you got lucky!

How long is the free dining going on? Our trip is 10/8 (MNSSHP 10/10), hope it's not packed then!

KC

We're just back and we were ther Friday night (9/29). I too was nervous when I saw the sign that said sold out. The first part of the party seemed too crowded. All candy lines were crowded in the first hour as were the dance parties. The first parade was 4 to 5 people deep. We decided to skip all this and concentrate on rides. And it was a blast! :banana: Rides were all walkon. After Hallowishes we filled up on candy (no lines) and then walked up to Frontierland 10 minutes before the parade and got a front row spot.

Bottom line: If this is as crowded as it gets, it's not bad at all!

We had a great time on Thurs, Oct 5. It was not too crowded and was definitely not sold out. I went with friends. They also went on Friday Oct 6 and they said it was much more crowded. They ended up leaving early (around 9 pm). The weather was great the evening of Oct 5. It was a little muggy on Oct 6 (had been 90 degrees during the day) and that, in combination with the larger crowds, made it a less enjoyable experience for my friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter