Here now....miserable rain!!!

Mom2Stitch

DIS Veteran
Heavy rain forecasted just only until Friday :( of course we leave on Saturday. Soaked and cold today at AK, wishing I didn't have an ADR for HDDR tonight And of course I have MNSSHP tickets for tomorrow night, so that will be two years running at a rainy party for us ***sigh***. Trying to make the best of it, still better to be here than at work right?

Sorry just venting, wish us some pixie dust!!

@mom2stitch

Awwww that sucks! It rained for us a LOT when we were there this past July. Just make the most of it...there's nothing you can do about it...and you're in Disney!

If it makes you feel better, the weather is clear *here* but I'd trade places with you in an instant!

Where's my poncho!

;)

Heavy rain forecasted just only until Friday :( of course we leave on Saturday. Soaked and cold today at AK, wishing I didn't have an ADR for HDDR tonight And of course I have MNSSHP tickets for tomorrow night, so that will be two years running at a rainy party for us ***sigh***. Trying to make the best of it, still better to be here than at work right?

Sorry just venting, wish us some pixie dust!!

Ugh we are here too! It's really really hard to remain positive but I guess we just have to make the best. It stinks when you plan and plan and plan......

Having been there in what my family now refers to as the December "monsoon", I have one thought for you:

At least warm rain is better than cold rain!

I think it was about 50 degrees when we were out there in the pouring rain. Our upside was the parks were empty because we were about the only ones crazy enough to keep going, so everything was walk on. Sorry your trip is wet, but just throw that poncho on and keep going! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it dries out for your MNSSHP tomorrow.

We're here too and while it's miserable, we are making the best of it. We leave Saturday too, just as the weather will improve.

We are here too, but today was our last park day. Thankfully it has been pretty for the rest of our trip. We were at magic kingdom today but knew rain was forecasted for this afternoon. Got there at rope drop and was able to ride the following rides:
Goofy's barnstormer 3 times without getting off
I rode little mermaid while son was on goofy
Then rode goofy 2 times without getting off
Peter Pan -20 minute wait
It's a small world -5 minute wait
Pooh - 20 minute + 5-10 for breakdown
Haunted mansion - 15 minute wait
Thunder mountain -15 minute wait
Splash -25 wait
Pirates -20 wait

Huffed it over to stitch as it was sprinkling
Rode stitch -5 minute wait
While husband and son #1 ride stitch I rode carousel of progress
They rode buzz while I was still on carousel

Started raining full out around 1:15-1:30

By the time we rode monorail to ttc is was pouring and it's been raining since

Hope the rain will pass thru quickly for everyone starting their vacation now!!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. Funny before the trip I posted about not minding the rain- ok ok I have to eat my words now lol.

Putting on my poncho and heading to HDDR- will be taking advantage of the sangrias tonight ;)

This isn't your normal 45minute Florida shower Hard and cold rain. Weather guys talking 5" of rain by Wed. Needs to clear out by Friday as Food and Wine kicks off
We are flying in tomorrow. I hope it doesn't affect our ability to land. I've added ponchos and extra shoes to the last- minute packing. Thank goodness that we're staying past the weekend . I can deal with a few days of rain if there's better weather coming while I'm still there. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't have as much time. Try to stay dry and keep a positive outlook!

Depends upon your point of view. Rained while we were there a couple weeks ago; we considered it as pixie dust and an added attraction. Our annual rainfall in the desert is about three or four inches per year. We had to have a picture taken by a photopass photographer of us standing in the rain like two kids. Photopass photographer stayed under cover though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter