Here Now March 2016 , Now Home Last Thoughts

skunkvette

You have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore
First time to Hawaii, we have been at Aulani for a grand total of 14 hours so far.

Quick comments as we lounge at the pool getting over some jet lag, will post more on this thread during our eight night stay.

1. Flight from the east coast (Philadelphia) is tough in one day. Stopped in Phoenix with twelve hours total flight time. Would break it up better next time.

2. The resort. Simply awesome. Wow doesn't do it justice. Just starting to explore.

3. Pool chairs. Friday 10:30 AM, just walked beach and pools, prime spots are gone but there are chairs available everywhere but we are told this is a quiet week. Resort staff says they are 60% occupied. Two cabanas are open. Spring break starts next week here and the staff says it will get very busy.

4. Room, one bedroom villa. Has everything we could ask for and a wonderful ocean view. Decent wifi.

5. Staff. Warm, friendly and informative. The Disney service level we remember from the old days.

6. Food. Two meals, late night snacks and breakfast at Ama Ama, both were very good. Prices are resort level, but quality and quantity were good. Coffee (important factor) is very good. Breakfast at Ama Ama is reason alone to come back here again.

Only downside, construction issue. Main lobby elevators are not accessible from lobby level due to floor repairs and the heavy jackhammer construction at the Four Seasons is significantly loud at the pool areas.

Mahalo (learning lots of new words!).

Thanks so much for the info! Will be interested in hearing more as your trip progresses. We will be there in a couple of weeks and will be our first visit at Aulani so love getting all the scoop!

First time to Hawaii, we have been at Aulani for a grand total of 14 hours so far.

Quick comments as we lounge at the pool getting over some jet lag, will post more on this thread during our eight night stay.

1. Flight from the east coast (Philadelphia) is tough in one day. Stopped in Phoenix with twelve hours total flight time. Would break it up better next time.

2. The resort. Simply awesome. Wow doesn't do it justice. Just starting to explore.

3. Pool chairs. Friday 10:30 AM, just walked beach and pools, prime spots are gone but there are chairs available everywhere but we are told this is a quiet week. Resort staff says they are 60% occupied. Two cabanas are open. Spring break starts next week here and the staff says it will get very busy.

4. Room, one bedroom villa. Has everything we could ask for and a wonderful ocean view. Decent wifi.

5. Staff. Warm, friendly and informative. The Disney service level we remember from the old days.

6. Food. Two meals, late night snacks and breakfast at Ama Ama, both were very good. Prices are resort level, but quality and quantity were good. Coffee (important factor) is very good. Breakfast at Ama Ama is reason alone to come back here again.

Only downside, construction issue. Main lobby elevators are not accessible from lobby level due to floor repairs and the heavy jackhammer construction at the Four Seasons is significantly loud at the pool areas.

Mahalo (learning lots of new words!).
Do you know how long the main lobby elevators will be down for? we arrive next month so just preparing myself.

Do you know how long the main lobby elevators will be down for? we arrive next month so just preparing myself.

They are repairing the floor area at the elevator lobby not the elevators.

I will ask about timeframe next time I am at the front desk.

As it is now, you need to walk up a flight of the stairs to the fourth floor from the third floor or use the service elevator to go down a floor to access the main elevator lobbies.

More comments:

Full first day just relaxing at the pool was perfect to get over the long flight, woke up on second morning feeling "human" again.

Sunset on the beach is spectacular.

Talked to our server at dinner, who echoed that this week is really slow. He said next week with Easter and spring break they will be rocking.

Got to look in at the hotel shops after dinner, nicely done. Other than that, not much going on past 9PM.

Surprised how much we used our new refillable resort mugs yesterday (thanks to Dreams Unlimited Travel ! ). Fill stations are easily accessible and morning coffee is great.

Bought fresh muffins from Ulu Cafe, $4 a piece but very good.

Spa today for couples treatment, first time for both my DW and I to any spa. This could be interesting....

Spa couples treatment was yesterday, first time for both of us. Different. Relaxing. Don't know if I would ever do another but still a unique experience.

Ukulele group lesson was a blast, Disney always puts on a great show. Sign up early, class was full.

Monkeypod for dinner last night. Short walk, outside dining, live music, great food and service and less expensive than the resort.

Stopped again at the ABC store afterward for light snacks and adult beverage for the room, again their staff was super friendly.

If you have accessibility issues, the walk to Monkeypod and the other shops is up and down a significant hill, look for the accessible elevator off the lobby to the parking garage, it eliminates the hill.

Family arrived late last night, hotel was out of ocean view villa they had paid for, so now the can't unpack and need to transfer today. Staff was polite about it, but they should have told them before they went to the room and saw their view of the construction site.

Resort is starting to fill up. Weekend, spring break and upcoming Easter holiday.

Ukulele group lesson was a blast, Disney always puts on a great show. Sign up early, class was full.

How early did you sign up for the ukulele class?

Also, I have an unrelated question. At Uli Cafe, do you happen to know from being there what day the rotating hot plates and rotating hot sandwich of the day are which?

How early did you sign up for the ukulele class?

Also, I have an unrelated question. At Uli Cafe, do you happen to know from being there what day the rotating hot plates and rotating hot sandwich of the day are which?

Signed up at 12:30 for the 3:30 class (once a day just a few days during the week).

Don't know about the hot plates, will check if I can.

Today is a Cabana day, life is good! Pool is crowded early.

Question re wristbands: does your entire party need to be there to get them daily? (First, I assume they still require wristbands?) Or by showing my keycard can I pick up the 4 for my family? Thanks again!!

Question re wristbands: does your entire party need to be there to get them daily? (First, I assume they still require wristbands?) Or by showing my keycard can I pick up the 4 for my family? Thanks again!!

Wristbands are required and their color changes daily.

Your party needs to be present since the bands are mechanically fastened with a crimp device. One keycard will get all the bands for your party but they need to be there to have them crimped on.

Wristbands are required and their color changes daily.

Your party needs to be present since the bands are mechanically fastened with a crimp device. One keycard will get all the bands for your party but they need to be there to have them crimped on.

If we have one or more people from our room decide to sleep in, do you know if they can still retrieve their wristband later? Or can we hold on to the wristband for them and have them go later to have it crimped on their wrist when they are ready to join us at the pool?

The whole party doesn't have to be present, just preferably have a card with you, though you can give your name/room. Our party was almost always split. They mark off in the computer it appears who has bands already. A new color each day.

Aulanidreamer is correct on wristbands. Really no big deal getting them.

Balance of my family's late last night room issue resolved this afternoon, they ended up in a gorgeous one bedroom villa with excellent pool and ocean view, front desk delivered as promised.

Adult pool closed today, no one knows why, told "a pump issue". Yesterday the Jacuzzi at the spa was broken, disappointing to say the least when they were two of the pluses when we booked. Will see if adult pool comes back up on line tomorrow.

Resort is filling up, adult pool would have been enjoyed today. Yesterday one of the main pool was closed for an "incident". Won't do the regular hot tubs, too many diapered children in them for me.

Rented a cabana (number four) today for family, six adults. Nice having privacy and service, plenty of room for all of us, l can see where cabanas go quickly even at the new price point.

Since today was Sunday, construction noise at the Four Seasons was minimal, but they did have a helicopter later in the day setting rooftop equipment.

Trying the Aulani buffet tonight, had breakfast at Ama Ama this morning, very good. So far no complaint regarding food or bar service.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and answer questions. Have a great trip!

Thanks for the report so far! Does anyone have any idea how long the construction next door is supposed to last? Or how far along they are with it?

Thanks for the report so far! Does anyone have any idea how long the construction next door is supposed to last? Or how far along they are with it?

According to my event planner at Aulani:

Hi Regan,

The last I heard, most of the major renovation is supposed to be completed in April.
They are scheduled to open their doors late May.

If they are behind schedule, I have noticed that constructions stops daily at about 4pm.
Since your ceremony is at 5, I don't think we'll have any issues.

Thank you!
Candice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter