So if I’m understanding this correctly… if you had planned to hop, and got SDD return time for 5pm, you are basically out of luck? Or I guess your choice is to either ride standby or nothing? Or change your hopping plans? I don’t understand how you can plan ahead if your plans can be derailed the day of at 7am when you realize you can only get on a ride at the time of a previously booked ADR or when you planned to be at another park.
In my opinion, the best way to ride SDD if you want to start at HS is to rope drop it. Of course, that essentially forces you to purchase ROTR at $15 a pop if you want to avoid lines. Seems like you can have better luck getting an earlyish LL for MFSR, then you can do SDD, TSM, and AS2 at rope drop with lower waits. Then use ILL and LL for MFSR/ROTR and your next LL for RnR and TOT. Of course, seems like TOT are selling out sooner, which wasn't the case when we were there last week.

So if I’m understanding this correctly… if you had planned to hop, and got SDD return time for 5pm, you are basically out of luck? Or I guess your choice is to either ride standby or nothing? Or change your hopping plans? I don’t understand how you can plan ahead if your plans can be derailed the day of at 7am when you realize you can only get on a ride at the time of a previously booked ADR or when you planned to be at another park.
I am hopping - we did Epcot this morning and we are at Contemporary now. We will hop to Hollywood Studios around 4:30 and my night is set already. We purchased Rise and Minnie then I booked LL for Slinky. At 11:00 am I booked Tower (remember the 120 minute rule) and at 1:00 I booked Smugglers. If you watch a few of the videos it’s easier to follow. Here is a screenshot of our plans tonight

Attachments

• 8352B7D5-F26A-4CA6-8B08-48502A3D7CF2.png
    8352B7D5-F26A-4CA6-8B08-48502A3D7CF2.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 498008AE-F2C2-475C-A3E6-3DEA8D4C4E17.png
    498008AE-F2C2-475C-A3E6-3DEA8D4C4E17.png
    117 KB · Views: 103
I am hopping - we did Epcot this morning and we are at Contemporary now. We will hop to Hollywood Studios around 4:30 and my night is set already. We purchased Rise and Minnie then I booked LL for Slinky. At 11:00 am I booked Tower (remember the 120 minute rule) and at 1:00 I booked Smugglers. If you watch a few of the videos it’s easier to follow. Here is a screenshot of our plans tonight
Thank you.
And it looks like an amazing night! Have so much fun.

I got back yesterday and it was my first time there since they introduced Genie+ and I have to say that whether it's Genie+ or Fast Pass, Hollywood Studios really is a full day park.

Our usual MO is counter service lunch and sit down dinner. Occasionally, we can do a Sci-Fi diner but to maximize our experience we just try and do a mobile order.

Last year we were there around the same time. We got there when it opened. We rode 9 rides. ROR, Smuggler's Run, MM Railroad, Aerosmith, Slinky, Toy Story, Tower of Terror, Alien Spin and Star Tours. I also built a lightsaber and did pictures. We left around 8 pm for dinner at the Springs. This year same thing, rode 8 rides except Alien Spin, did pictures, and shopping. We left this time around 8 again for dinner at the Springs.

HS is my favorite park and we are there around almost 12 hours and we still don't even do any of the shows.

We did AK and MK on the same day. Got to AK a little later than we wanted but still was able to do FOP, Everest and Safari before we left around 2 pm. At MK, we did Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion & Pirates. Had dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern.

I got back yesterday and it was my first time there since they introduced Genie+ and I have to say that whether it's Genie+ or Fast Pass, Hollywood

Last year we were there around the same time. We got there when it opened. We rode 9 rides. ROR, Smuggler's Run, MM Railroad, Aerosmith, Slinky, Toy Story, Tower of Terror, Alien Spin and Star Tours. I also built a lightsaber and did pictures. We left around 8 pm for dinner at the Springs. This year same thing, rode 8 rides except Alien Spin, did pictures, and shopping. We left this time around 8 again for dinner at the Springs.

HS is my favorite park and we are there around almost 12 hours and we still don't even do any of the shows.

We did AK and MK on the same day. Got to AK a little later than we wanted but still was able to do FOP, Everest and Safari before we left around 2 pm. At MK, we did Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion & Pirates. Had dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern.
Curious, did you use Genie +? We were at HS on Oct 21 and 22nd, and got there for ETPE, and did all those same rides, a mid morning snack break, and counter service lunch, and we were back in the room for a mid afternoon nap, before heading out to other parks about 5.
Our AK day, the day before Genie started, we did ETPE and got FOP, Navi, Safari and Everest done, had a snack, and left for Disney Springs by 10.

Curious, did you use Genie +? We were at HS on Oct 21 and 22nd, and got there for ETPE, and did all those same rides, a mid morning snack break, and counter service lunch, and we were back in the room for a mid afternoon nap, before heading out to other parks about 5.
Our AK day, the day before Genie started, we did ETPE and got FOP, Navi, Safari and Everest done, had a snack, and left for Disney Springs by 10.
We did use Genie+ for 3 rides. Aerosmith, Slinky, ROR on standby added about over 3 and a half hours of wait time. We didn't get there at ETPE though.

Last year, we didn't have Fast Pass during that time. So last year and this year, got there about the same time, left about the same time. Almost the same amount of rides, only had counter lunch. Maybe we could have done a B&B, Little Mermaid or Indiana Jones show? But definitely not all of them. However, we do go back and forth from the front to the back of the park multiple times. If we could do all the rides near each other, I'm sure that could cut down on time too.

I see posts all the time asking about crowd levels or line wait times, Genie+ or not Genie+....but I think I've realized what I want to know, if you are there now or have been within the past week, how was your day? Did you enjoy your time at the parks? Was there anything that ruined the overall experience for you like you anticipated while you were planning?

We were there Oct 25 - 30 and had a great time. I forgot how much my feet would hurt :) But otherwise it was great. Genie+ was a surprise and I only regretted not getting it on the last day, MK was nuts. We did purchase RoR, FOP & 7DMT which was an unplanned expense, but meant we got to do the rides without long waits. I talked kiddo into RnR at the end of our last HS day and he loved it so we did that a couple times at the end of the night. I've been home almost a week and it feels like we never went away, it was such a rush of a trip and so much fun in the moment. We didn't mind wearing masks that much, and were glad we didn't have to wait too long to ride. We normally go end of August so I wasn't expecting it to be as hot as it was a few of the days we were there, but it was nice at the same time. Kiddo ate a lot of chicken nuggets and pizza (hey, it's vacation!). We had fun, and can't wait to go back.

We’re here now. We’re staying at Pop this trip and arrived Tuesday (11/2). We check out on 11/9. We use the DAS because my family is of the neurodivergent variety. :) Quick observations from this trip:

-Scored boarding group 50 for Remy on Tuesday AM by having everything ready right at 7AM. We arrived an hour after our group was called due to some travel day delays and they had no issues letting us in. We used the DAS line for this because the regular line was pretty long.

-The Genie+/Lightning Lane changes haven’t impacted the DAS waits any more than the old FP+ used to. I’ve only seen one extremely long lightning lane queue and that was today for Expedition Everest. EE was down most of the day so I think this created a bit of a log jam. The LL was backed up past the exit store over the bridge but it moved surprisingly fast.

-EPCOT was very bizarre on Tuesday. The World Showcase was pretty busy but everything aside from Frozen, Test Track, and Remy was a walk-on. Test Track was only posting a ~30 min wait which I’ve never seen. I’ve also never walked on Soarin’ before! Even the 3 caballeros ride was a ~30 min wait in June and this was back to being a walk on.

-Animal Kingdom was busier than I have ever seen today. Even the Dinosaur area, which used to be pretty empty, was a madhouse. Not surprising given the race weekend and end of Jersey week. Navi had a 110 minute wait when we used the DAS. FoP had 90. I finally tried it but hooo boy, that’s a one and done for me. I don’t consider myself extremely prone to motion sickness but I had to keep my eyes shut the whole ride. Remy also made me slightly motion sick during the running parts but I was fine otherwise.

-Crowds have felt very thick in walkways much of the time here and ride waits definitely aren’t as predictable as they used to be. We are going with the flow though and still having a great time.

-We’ll be at the first Very Merry event on Monday and are going to HS tomorrow so I will try to report back on Tuesday.

Here now - arrived on 11/4 and staying until 11/11. First time back in 10 years - lots have changed. Party of 6 (parents, adult kids and SO's). Staying at a Margaritaville bungalow ($400 per night) since there are no 3 bedrooms on property that I could see.

11/4 - Disney Springs travel day. It wasn't crowded, we were able to order and find seating at Polite Pig at noon, great food. Walked around for 2 hours, but it's a tough first day activity since it's really just shopping and we wanted to tour.

11/5 - MK, steady, heavy rain all day. I posted another thread asking about rain and touring, lots of great responses. We picked up ponchos at target for $5 and headed in. Two in our party had croc-like sneakers and I really wish I wore my Adidas Slides with no socks. Walked on Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and Big Thunder. Splash was about a 10-minute wait. Haunted Mansion about 10 minutes. FutureWorld was a little busier, Buzz was a 30-minute wait because TTA, Carousel, and Space were down temporarily. Space came back up and we rode it twice, completely walk-on. Did TTA and, since it was around 3pm, decided to hop to Epcot. Mine Train never rose above 45 minutes - but we will be back. Walking into Epcot and the wind tunnel at Spaceship Earth with steady heavy rain was a little discouraging, but SE was a walk-on, as was Soarin, Living with the Land and Figment (surprise - we were the only one in the building and the cast members were just standing around.)

11/6 - Holywood Studios (a Saturday, race weekend, end of Jersey week, cold but NO rain) - OK today is busy!!!! We managed to start on ToT with a 30 minute wait, did not to RRC since only 4 of our 6 people in the group are thrill riders and we already made them wait for 30 minutes and RRC had a posted 60 minute wait. Walked to Mickey and Minnie's, waited 40 minutes in a posted 50 - what a great ride! Then walked to Toy Story Land and waited 60 minutes for Midway Mania (that would have been a score 10 years ago.) Crowds were very very heavy at this point, Woody's lunch box was at least a 30 minute wait to order. All other rides (except for Muppets) were 60+ minutes. We ate and jumped to Epcot, thinking things would be a bit better. Nope - Epcot was crazy. I know, I know, I expected crowds but not really hour+ lines for most food booths. It was very cold - real feel 37 and wind was coming off of the lake. We rode test track and walked the countries, but it was not enjoyable or leisurely.

One thing, Epcot has always been my favorite, but it is really a shadow of its former self without the International Cast Members. Mitsukoshi was a disorganized mess, no pick a pearl and no fun interaction asking about their homes. But, College Program is back and we had a fun conversation at MK with a CP Cast member.

11/7 - Heading to AK soon....

Here now - arrived on 11/4 and staying until 11/11. First time back in 10 years - lots have changed. Party of 6 (parents, adult kids and SO's). Staying at a Margaritaville bungalow ($400 per night) since there are no 3 bedrooms on property that I could see.

11/4 - Disney Springs travel day. It wasn't crowded, we were able to order and find seating at Polite Pig at noon, great food. Walked around for 2 hours, but it's a tough first day activity since it's really just shopping and we wanted to tour.

11/5 - MK, steady, heavy rain all day. I posted another thread asking about rain and touring, lots of great responses. We picked up ponchos at target for $5 and headed in. Two in our party had croc-like sneakers and I really wish I wore my Adidas Slides with no socks. Walked on Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and Big Thunder. Splash was about a 10-minute wait. Haunted Mansion about 10 minutes. FutureWorld was a little busier, Buzz was a 30-minute wait because TTA, Carousel, and Space were down temporarily. Space came back up and we rode it twice, completely walk-on. Did TTA and, since it was around 3pm, decided to hop to Epcot. Mine Train never rose above 45 minutes - but we will be back. Walking into Epcot and the wind tunnel at Spaceship Earth with steady heavy rain was a little discouraging, but SE was a walk-on, as was Soarin, Living with the Land and Figment (surprise - we were the only one in the building and the cast members were just standing around.)

11/6 - Holywood Studios (a Saturday, race weekend, end of Jersey week, cold but NO rain) - OK today is busy!!!! We managed to start on ToT with a 30 minute wait, did not to RRC since only 4 of our 6 people in the group are thrill riders and we already made them wait for 30 minutes and RRC had a posted 60 minute wait. Walked to Mickey and Minnie's, waited 40 minutes in a posted 50 - what a great ride! Then walked to Toy Story Land and waited 60 minutes for Midway Mania (that would have been a score 10 years ago.) Crowds were very very heavy at this point, Woody's lunch box was at least a 30 minute wait to order. All other rides (except for Muppets) were 60+ minutes. We ate and jumped to Epcot, thinking things would be a bit better. Nope - Epcot was crazy. I know, I know, I expected crowds but not really hour+ lines for most food booths. It was very cold - real feel 37 and wind was coming off of the lake. We rode test track and walked the countries, but it was not enjoyable or leisurely.

One thing, Epcot has always been my favorite, but it is really a shadow of its former self without the International Cast Members. Mitsukoshi was a disorganized mess, no pick a pearl and no fun interaction asking about their homes. But, College Program is back and we had a fun conversation at MK with a CP Cast member.

11/7 - Heading to AK soon....
I saw ROTR running a 200 min wait on the app yesterday around dinner time and wasn’t sure if it was an error or legit! Sounds like it was legit 😬

Quick question for those that have bought an attraction, especially Rise of the Resistance, on Lightning Lane. Can you pick a time to ride or is it first available? I am thinking of buying access to Rise but I definitely want mid-afternoon to early evening. Is that possible or any tips for that? Thanks!

Quick question for those that have bought an attraction, especially Rise of the Resistance, on Lightning Lane. Can you pick a time to ride or is it first available? I am thinking of buying access to Rise but I definitely want mid-afternoon to early evening. Is that possible or any tips for that? Thanks!

I was able to choose, it shows the first available but when you click on that it let's you choose from there.

You may choose a time but just a heads up - with an attraction as busy as RotR, by the time you confirm your purchase the actual return time may be later than you chose. Sometimes an hour or more later. Just wanted to mention it as many are not realizing this and are showing up at the time they selected and LL is very strict and guests cannot enter even a minute before their return time.

Am I reading this correctly -- you had EPCOT as your park reservation for the day, but because you booked your LL for Slinky in HS, the 120 minute rule started at 9am (HS opening), not 11 am (Epcot opening)?

And that's only ILL$ and not G+ correct? G+ you take what's given to you with no time selection?

That's correct - LL individuals you can book for a specific time, depending on what's available (and for things like ROTR, the earlier times book fast -- all times book fast, tbh). Genie+ is like old paper fastpasses, sort of - you take what you get as it's offered, unless someone drops something and you can snag it.

I’m sorry if this has been asked but how early before park opening are they opening the parking at MK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter