• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

W

We found it to pretty much flow through the inside portion. Would have preferred to stand in place in the AC, but it sort of seemed like they are trying to minimize actual inside line time on that one (which I totally understand and can get on board with)
Thank you! That's what I was hoping for!

Hi folks! My friends and I want to avoid rope drop crowds, and we're curious what time you think would be best to show up. We were thinking around an hour or two after opening, but wanted to hear from others about their experiences avoiding rope drop.
If you arrive 5 mins after park open, you will avoid the rope drop crush.
Thank you! That's what I was hoping for!
Weird—we were packed in and moving slowly indoors. No difference between indoor and ourdoor line speed that I could tell. I wonder if for pp they had one side operating at first then opened up the other side—that is often the case with space at park open or if maintenance issues arise and that can really accelerate the line movement.

If you arrive 5 mins after park open, you will avoid the rope drop crush.

Weird—we were packed in and moving slowly indoors. No difference between indoor and ourdoor line speed that I could tell. I wonder if for pp they had one side operating at first then opened up the other side—that is often the case with space at park open or if maintenance issues arise and that can really accelerate the line movement.
Not sure. We were in line for quite a bit and they seemed to be limiting how many they let in at a time. Around 2:15 in the afternoon

Wow! I’ve been posting that the crowd is not bad…normal august. But walking from POC to Mine train at 730 was awful! Like end of the night fireworks awful. But the ride times aren’t too bad. It seems like 75% of the people here are not in a line! I saw very few Halloween bands, so I hope that means these crowds clear out.

I hope the people without the bands leave. It’s not fair for the ones who paid a ton of money for the Boo celebration. I wonder if this year, cast member are going to have trouble moving people out

Wow! I’ve been posting that the crowd is not bad…normal august. But walking from POC to Mine train at 730 was awful! Like end of the night fireworks awful. But the ride times aren’t too bad. It seems like 75% of the people here are not in a line! I saw very few Halloween bands, so I hope that means these crowds clear out.
First night of Boo Bash so I’m guessing the crossover time tonight (and most party nights) will be packed.

It was also posted by a number of sources that Boo Bash tickets were available at guest services after previously being sold out earlier in the day and online since they went on sale.

Went to MK today and although it was busy, it was manageable. Being the first day of Boo Bash, I wasn't sure how it would be there. The most important thing to report is that the wait times weren't near as long as posted times. For instance, Splash Mountain had a posted time of 70 minutes, but it was actually about 25 minutes. BTMR was posted 30 and was about 22 minutes. Pirates was posted 40 minutes and was actually 15. Space Mountain was posted 50 and took 25 minutes. HM was posted about 60 minutes and took only 30. So the wait times weren't nearly as much as was posted :scratchin Will have to wait to ride SDMT on Thursday, as we didn't do much in Fantasyland except Small World. We ate too much and ended up in the background of a vlogger again. I say again because we were in the view of this same vlogger the other day at AK :dance3:It's getting ridiculous and I really look like that? :scared1: I don't really want to see myself on YouTube :lmao: We jumped on the monorail to Epcot and ate goodies from the French bakery popcorn:: Anyway, had a fun day and will be doing a full day at Epcot tomorrow :wave2:

Last edited:
MK was bad enough this morning but AK was wonderful in the late afternoon.
MK was busy today, that's why I was surprised the wait times weren't as long as posted. Nothing could be as bad as DHS yesterday :scared1: That place was nuts, but later in the day not so bad. Agree AK has been quite nice this trip :goodvibes

First night of Boo Bash so I’m guessing the crossover time tonight (and most party nights) will be packed.

Are we anticipating that all Party days will be crowded during the day at MK? I thought it was usually the opposite when the park had a hard-ticketed event and the morning/early afternoon were less packed in years past.

That really stinks, I'm so sorry.

FYI, RSV cases are up as well in children around the country. Something to keep in mind if the covid test is negative.

It's odd that you mention that. I got back from Yellowstone on the 27th. 4 out of the 7 of us were sick immediately after coming home. I thought it was a sinus infection. Nope. RSV. I am 45. What. The. Heck.

Are we anticipating that all Party days will be crowded during the day at MK? I thought it was usually the opposite when the park had a hard-ticketed event and the morning/early afternoon were less packed in years past.
its hard to tell this year as the park doesn’t close early on Boo Bash days like it did with MNSSHP. I do anticipate it being very busy during the crossover time between 7-9pm, especially for the fireworks.

I have a trip scheduled with my 11-year old daughter and her best friend for next week. Both kids aren’t vaccinated because they are too young. How are the crowds? I’m trying to decide if I should cancel.

its hard to tell this year as the park doesn’t close early on Boo Bash days like it did with MNSSHP. I do anticipate it being very busy during the crossover time between 7-9pm, especially for the fireworks.
Agree—the early closure and lack of fireworks for non-party guests in the old days kept guests away. But parks were never less crowded on after hours days before and that is a closer analogy.

We went to Boo Bash last night….and I’ll be honest it wasn’t what I’d hoped for. We’ve been to other After Hours events, and this felt 10x more crowded. Wait times were low, which was good, but there were people everywhere, so it didn’t have that special ‘you’re in the park after closing’ feel. There we’re still crowds of people in most places. I have memories of our last After Hours (in May 2019, which was sold out) and feeling like we had the place to ourselves once it hit the last hour of the event.

Also, it was beyond crowded on Main St when we arrived….getting back to Adventure Land was a struggle with the crowds waiting for the fireworks. This was maybe at 8:15? It was as crowded as I’ve ever seen it, and we had to fight through the crowds.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter