... We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, our favorite resort, and it was outstanding as usual.... We managed to score a boarding pass for ROR for both days we were there.

Interesting. I stayed in the Copper Creek part of the Wilderness Lodge main building a few years ago, and the WiFi was terrible. I remember eating lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe one day, discovering that the WiFi was better than anywhere else I had found in the hotel, and uploading all of my photos during lunch because I wanted to take advantage of the good WiFi while I could. This was before ROR opened. Were you in your hotel room at Wilderness Lodge when you tried for ROR boarding passes?

Crowds were light at Epcot this morning. It helped that we were second family through the tapstiles. We were the first group on TT and then had FEA, Soarin, the land and mission space orange done before 1. Our longest wait was 15 min. We also worked in some gift shops, food and wine stops and popcorn and churros for the kids. Much better crowd wise than we expected.

Continuing from above (probably a few pages back by now) ...
8:34 people started moving towards Toy Story Land.
8:38 passing by front of TSMM on way to Slinky (no line for TSMM).
8:43 passed below Slinky entrance sign, posted wait says 80 minutes.
Line moved well.
8:58 off Slinky, posted wait is now 100 minutes.
9:00 at TSMM, 5 minute posted wait.
9:18 off TSMM, now posted 30 minutes.
Walked to SWGE.
Line for Slinky still says 100 minutes & line goes all the way to One Man's Dream!
9:28 in line for ROTR, off at 9:45.
Walked around Galaxys Edge for a few minutes.
10:02 entered Star Tours (posted 30 minutes), off at 10:27.
10:30 found water outside Backlot Express & hung out.
10:51 on line for Muppets, 10:59 we're the first people in the preshow (just missed the cut for earlier showing), off at 11:30.
11:40 watched Vacation Fun Animated Short, off at 11:58.
At noon, my kids went to get Starbucks.
12:15 exiting the park, Friendship boat arrives at 12:19; we depart at 12:28.
12:45 arrive at Boardwalk & check in for our 1:15 Big River Grille reservation.
2pm back in our room & its nap time!

Edited to add ...
4:55 left room heading back to MGM.
5:20 on line for MMRR (posted wait 45 min),
5:35 inside building, off ride at 6:03.
6:10 on line for Alien Saucers, posted wait 30 min., off ride at 6:35.
Mobile ordered dinner (ABC Commissary) & had a nice slow meal.
7:20 did TSMM again (not sure when we were off the ride but less than posted 30 min).
8:07 in TOT line (35 posted), off ride at 8:35.
Got snacks & watched the projection show.
Walked back to the Boardwalk arriving by 9:45pm. To tired to swim.

All in all a solid day.
Not as crowded as our past August trips. Lack of shows is definitely causing longer standby lines. Lack of FP+ made us less productive but after reading this thread for a while, not as bad as expected.
No parks tomorrow as we are moving from Boardwalk to Polynesian.

Last edited:
Interesting. I stayed in the Copper Creek part of the Wilderness Lodge main building a few years ago, and the WiFi was terrible. I remember eating lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe one day, discovering that the WiFi was better than anywhere else I had found in the hotel, and uploading all of my photos during lunch because I wanted to take advantage of the good WiFi while I could. This was before ROR opened. Were you in your hotel room at Wilderness Lodge when you tried for ROR boarding passes?

Yes, we were in our hotel room\balcony, above Whispering Canyon actually when we got the ROR pass. With the said, I never use the Disney Wifi as I find it terrible so I was on LTE\ATT.

Has anyone currently (or recently, or soon) at WDW gotten the exact same email every day from Disney Destinations? I’m visiting 8/20-29 and since 7/21 I have gotten the same email with the same subject line: “Welcome! Your trip to the Parks.” Every single day.
Yes! At first I would read each one thinking there would be new info, but now I just delete them. I know our TA is on top of everything we need to be aware of (as am I with my obsessive planning).

Has anyone currently (or recently, or soon) at WDW gotten the exact same email every day from Disney Destinations? I’m visiting 8/20-29 and since 7/21 I have gotten the same email with the same subject line: “Welcome! Your trip to the Parks.” Every single day.
Same here. I guess they want to make sure we all know about the new mask policy?

I'm also following obsessively to see what crowds look like and whether it's possible to distance in lines, eat indoors, etc. The crowd pictures posted above are encouraging. We have 2 unvaccinated under-12 kids who have been looking forward to this trip for over a year. And it's one's birthday. Slightly anxious - we are heading down 8/28, hopefully.

Regarding ROTR, I know the ride itself is about 18 minutes long but can anyone give me a sense of how long it takes from the time you get on line after your boarding group is called to when you walk off the ride? Thanks!

Regarding ROTR, I know the ride itself is about 18 minutes long but can anyone give me a sense of how long it takes from the time you get on line after your boarding group is called to when you walk off the ride? Thanks!
It can vary, I would say allow at least 45 minutes to an hour total. Usually about 30-ish minutes until the attraction starts.

Every day here on the email. Got the luggage tags and coupons today. Canceling this afternoon probably. We are just going to vacation locally in WI for a few months. I don't wish to be at Disney on day one and have an outdoor mask mandate hit.

Yes! I've booked two trips and now I get two every day :laughing:

🤣 I’m guessing someone at Disney marketing technology didn’t set an exclusion for people who already received the email. Or their data structure is lacking. The email is surprisingly generic - Disney obviously knows who has Park Hoppers and who doesn’t, for example, but they don’t call that out. I’m curious if the emails will actually stop once I get there.

🤣 I’m guessing someone at Disney marketing technology didn’t set an exclusion for people who already received the email. Or their data structure is lacking. The email is surprisingly generic - Disney obviously knows who has Park Hoppers and who doesn’t, for example, but they don’t call that out. I’m curious if the emails will actually stop once I get there.

As someone who works in CRM it really drives me up a wall!! Their program should be so much more optimized!!!! LET ME AT IT! lol

But our trip is 9/15 and we haven’t gotten any emails like this. We went last Sept and wearing masks was NBD so regardless of how the rules change we feel fine about it. I’m similarly anxious to see if/how crowds drop mid-Sept so that we can get one or two “quiet” days for rides and then have the other 3 days to go at a slower pace and meander. I am not convinced that rope-dropping is A MUST OTHERWISE OUR TRIP WILL BE RUINED bc there’s more than one way to tour. We’ll also be w my older parents so going for a mix of packing stuff in and going at a more relaxed pace.

Us this morning...
9:28 in line for ROTR, off at 9:45.
We had BG #3
Also seems like something was missing on the ride.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter