Appreciate the words. Honestly, the 2 year old is rough and tumble so I don't expect her to be afraid or annoyed. The 4 yo on the other hand is rather clean and proper...but she is very interested in learning. Hummm...a gamble I may take but will consider the options.
My 21 yo DS STILL refuses to go back in and see this. He was 4 when I took him in the first time, I thought he'd love it. Here he is the rough and tough football player....and freaked out by it's tough to be a bug, LMBO!!

My 21 yo DS STILL refuses to go back in and see this. He was 4 when I took him in the first time, I thought he'd love it. Here he is the rough and tough football player....and freaked out by it's tough to be a bug, LMBO!!
Ha! Sounds exactly like my sister and I. Our very first Disney attraction and we are still scarred in our mid-20s. My poor grandmother felt so bad after taking us on that one.

There are videos on YouTube, maybe Mom and Dad could preview. Giant bugs aside, it has a lot of sudden, very loud noises in the dark. DGD 3 loves bugs and creepy crawlies of all types but ITTBAB would eat her alive.

My DGS and his GF couldn’t mobile order at the monorail hotels. I think he said once he received a message while trying to order and twice the guards turned them away.
Staying at SSR. does this mean you can’t visit the Polynesian? Wanted to get something from Capt. Cooks QS.

Staying at SSR. does this mean you can’t visit the Polynesian? Wanted to get something from Capt. Cooks QS.
On other boards it’s stating if you were at MK and left to go to poly for Quick Service you would be good. I think people are being turned away when they drive to GF or Poly or any of the monorail resorts due to people parking and then walking to MK.

It’s still there in the Tree of Life, it’s just not a ride that is in high demand. It’s a great attraction to get out of the heat and have some giggles, .😎👍🏻

My DS10 doesnt frighten easily, but dreads this attraction !!! LOL

I feel the same way. I don’t mind getting in a line for FOP at the end of the day when I’m going to be waiting an hour or more anyway. I want to get him on other things while everyone goes to Pandora. Our main goal for the first half day is EE, safari, Lion King show and possibly the rapids. We have another half day (later afternoon/evening) planned just for pandora.

When we went to AK a few weeks ago, the park opened at 8am, but only a few rides were open: River Navi, FOP & EE. All other rides opened at 9am.

I am beginning to reconsider taking them now. I shall have a conversation with mom and dad to make sure I don't scar them for life and cause Grandpa trust issues. Maybe the Safari twice is a better option. LOL! They both love the zoos they've been to.
I think this is a really good idea as it's a frightening one!

I will also mention that kids don't have a way to compartmentalize the way we do. Our first Disney trip when my brother was 4 we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean first. He was scared and done for every boat ride that entire trip! That one ride meant he freaked out the second he saw a boat so no it's a small world, Living with the Land, Grand Fiesta or Maelstrom for him which meant my mom chose to skip it each time too. Lesson learned for our family.

I was told today that Disney World is not allowing unvaccinated guests into its parks. Is this true?

What are people hearing about any potential changes to policy?

I was told today that Disney World is not allowing unvaccinated guests into its parks. Is this true?

Pretty sure that's not true and I don't think anyone has any insight into any potential changes to policy.

That is not true. Disney World recently issued a vaccine mandate for certain employees, but no vaccine requirements have been issued for guests to date. Disneyland Paris requires a Health Pass...maybe that's where lines got crossed?

As mentioned untrue. Even if it was true, Disney would have no way of policing it since it’s illegal to do so in Florida. What you may have heard is that they are requiring CMs and new hires to be vaccinated.

If you take littles who may scare easily on It's Tough to be a Bug, I'd highly recommend having them sit on your lap. Then they miss a lot of the alarming bug features that happen throughout the show. Just a thought.
Less scary minus the 3-D glasses too...

Thanks. I'm guessing my 4 and 2 yo granddaughters will love it!!

I love this attraction and have been to it many times, BUT - I have never been there without hearing little children hysterically screaming and crying. There is one part that is very intense for little people.

Question for those of you that have recently done FOP just before closing - at that time of day how much of the line is outside versus in? I'm just thinking that we will all be hot and tired at that point but if the majority of the wait is in AC it wouldn't be bad. I've never done standby for FOP; always used a Fastpass. Thanks!

We rode FOP at the park closing about a week ago. I would say maybe 15 minutes out of the 65 minute wait was outside. It is cooler that time of day so it’s not as big of a deal being outside. What shocked me was how long the inside queue was. It seem to go on FOREVER.

Dan

I am beginning to reconsider taking them now. I shall have a conversation with mom and dad to make sure I don't scar them for life and cause Grandpa trust issues. Maybe the Safari twice is a better option. LOL! They both love the zoos they've been to.
YES! Safari is very tame and fun for the littles. Add us to the chorus of people who had to flee ITTBAB with a traumatized toddler. He refused to ride anything else the rest of the day at AK because he was so terrified. He was still scared the next day at MK and we had to have a lengthy pleading session where we promised there were no more mean bugs before he would venture onto anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter