• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This was the worst Disney experience we have ever had. We come every year, spend thousands of dollars on Disney vacations--and this one was so disappointing. I've never been disappointed at Disney or wanted to leave early (we checked out early).

The crowds and lines were things that compared with Christmas or Spring break/Easter. Expect to wait a good hour for anything. Philharmagic was even a 30 minute wait. I have never in my life seen the parks like this in July. Yes, you expect heat in July, but what you aren't used to is an hour long wait in the blazing sun before you even enter the indoor que...and no, the reason the line for Big Thunder is all the way back at the Shooting arcade isn't because of social distancing (you are jam packed with people in lines, just walking through the parks--wall to wall), it is literally that long (and this was at 8pm in the evening when you might anticipate crowds to be thinning). There was a Cast member holding a "the line starts here" sign just to get into the Confectionery. Lines for all the snacks, etc. The theme here is an hour line for everything so choose your time/heat tolerance energy well:-). If you expect the lines to move quicker because there is no Fast Pass, I assure you its still the same capacity of guests going to rides--just all in one line. It doesn't move quicker and Disney clearly has increased capacity this month (during our stay Hollywood and MK both reached the maximum capacity).

Hollywood, we got up at 6:45 AM, three of us trying to get a boarding group for Rise, and constantly refreshing. We were in the lobby at BW so the Cast Member could assist us, out of 5 families, only 1 got a board group. We decided to try for the 1. Even at rope drop, you waited in a sweaty long in the sun line before you could go get in the line at 8:30 for the rides--the people going to Toy Story land, may be the force be with them...there lines were astronomical (we sadly didn't even make it into Toy Story land this trip). There was at least an hour for every ride in Hollywood that day--we didn't get the 1pm and promptly headed back to our room to cool down. We were told later by another guest at the pool the ride was down for hours so they just didn't do 1pm boarding groups so they could just try to get all the morning groups on when it loaded. All the parks were similarly packed...

Lines for Food and Wine booths at Epcot on our last night, also so very long--made you rethink getting anything. You just couldn't escape the lines no matter what park/time of day, etc. We tried rope drop, mid day, during rain, close...all with limited success.

Mousekeeping--non existent. There were 5 of us at the BW, we got 5 towels, meant to last us and 1 bottle each of toiletry. I had to call to get more, call daily to get the overflowing trash emptied, etc. No one makes the beds or any tidying of the room. I knew it would be less--but I paid $500 a night for this?

We noticed little things like the landscape not as trimmed as it would expect at the quiet pools (first world problem for sure, but its just not the Disney difference), chairs would be scattered or in disarray and no one was tidying them, wet towels on the ground that a guest left that morning, still there that evening when we went for a night time swim. Mosquitoes seem to be worse--not sure if they have cut back on pest control--but I got several mosquito bites this trip near the pool (we spent a lot of time in the quiet pool to escape the crowds and lines) and I've never gotten bug bites at Disney.

Park reservation system is absolutely awful and IMO contributing to the massive crowd swells. Many people won't park hop (and honestly it doesn't make much sense, and like many things at Disney right now you are are paying way more than the value you are getting back) so they stay in all day...Magic Kingdom and Hollywood are consistently the two most stressful and no shows, character meets, etc. to absorb the crowds.

By day 4 we were so done, we only rode one ride. This trip we did less than we have ever done at Disney--we rode no mountains, we left feeling so sad that this is what the pandemic has done to the place we love so much. This was not an uplifting trip--if you are on the fence, I wouldn't recommend going to anyone right now. We spoke to so many Disney vets while there who said the same....I'm sorry:-).

The good--it does appear the college program has just started back up and the cast members were enthusiastic, wonderful and about the only aspect of the "Disney Difference" we experienced this week....

Hi all! This thread was so helpful before we left and while we were at WDW this past week, thanks to all who post. Wanted to share a bit of our experience - we did 5 park days (2 DHS, 2 EPCOT, 2 MK).

On our first DHS day we got into the park around 8:30 and immediately got in line for Slinky Dog, which was posted as a 90 minute wait (CM with "end of line" sign was back to about One Man's Dream) but ended up being 45. We next attempted the line for Smuggler's Run, which I think said 70 minutes but after baking in the sun for a bit I gently encouraged my fam to try single rider and they agreed. We were on the ride within 10 minutes, waiting in aircon. Tradeoff was we knew we'd be engineers but they were ok with that. Our boarding group for Rise was called around 11:30 so we did that, some shops then lunch at Brown Derby. Took a long afternoon break at the hotel then came back in the evening and rode MM Runaway twice with shortish waits (30 the first time, maybe 15 the second) and had dinner at Woody's Lunchbox.

Our first EPCOT day we rode Soarin' right at 11 and it was a walk on, then went to Living with the Land and it was also a walk-on. Then we spent the majority of our time doing F&WF booths. Didn't find the booth lines to be too bad and generally had luck finding shady spots to eat. Wanted to ride Three Caballeros but the line was incredible - outside the building at one point, so we skipped that. Again took an afternoon break then in the evening we were able to walk on Spaceship Earth and Nemo and try more food booths. It was definitely busy at the park but except for a couple of congested areas, we didn't feel like we were shoulder to shoulder all the time.

Our Magic Kingdom day was a bust, and I will preface it by saying I understand part of that was due to our choices. I'd seen pics of the hub at rope drop and didn't want to be in a crowd like that so we purposely arrived a little after 9. I was not prepared for just how crowded it would be everywhere in the park. We went directly to Thunder and the wait was posted as 15 min when we got in the line on the bridge but by the time we got up to the actual entrance it had gone up to 35. After riding, DD was quite hot so we headed over the Chesire Cafe for a snack and water. After taking a bit of a break we checked wait times and they were up over 60+ mins for most of what we wanted (Space, HM, Pirates, Jungle Cruise). Went on Carousel of Progress (my fave and no wait, lol!) and WEDway Peoplemover. By that point it was closing in on lunch time and we were hot and not feeling being shoulder to shoulder with people so went back to Main St. to shop. At that point, we decided to take the monorail to TTC and walk over to Poly for lunch, which was quite enjoyable. Did some shopping and pin trading then walked to GF for dessert and more shopping and to wait out the rain. Attempted to go back to MK thinking the crowds may have thinned, no such luck and we got caught in one of those flooding downpours you may have seen pictures of last week so we decided to make it a wrap for the day!

Our second DHS day we went to ToT first thing and only waited about 15 minutes and then went to Smuggler's and did single rider again. DH and DD had a reservation to make a droid then we had lunch at Sci-Fi. Our boarding group for Rise was called in the middle of these reservations but we had no problem going late (we checked with a CM beforehand and they said no problem, we had our receipts just in case but they didn't check). There were pretty severe thunderstorms that afternoon so we took a long break then came back and rode MMRR and had dinner at Docking Bay 7. Got in line for ToT about ten minutes before park closing. Was supposed to be a 30 minute wait but it was much longer and hardly moving so we bailed on that.

Second day at EPCOT we got in the park around 10:30 and DD and DH headed straight to Test Track but the CM's were telling people it was on an extended closure so they bailed. Kept checking back but it seemed to be down all day. We were able to get on Three Caballeros with a 5 minute waited, then more food booths while the weather held out. Also had fun doing Remy's Hide and Squeak. Took a break during the afternoon storms then came back and rode Soarin' (20 minute wait around 6 pm), dinner at Regal Eagle and more food booths.

We had a great trip, although never having been in summer I didn't fully understand how hot and crowded it would be! We went in with the attitude that it's okay if we have to skip some things. I'd say I'm bummed at how our MK day turned out but we did what we were comfortable with so it is what it is! Really enjoyed mobile ordering and I wish all rides had boarding groups like Rise!!! We stayed at BWI and the ability to walk to EPCOT and DHS was awesome. If I had to do it over again I probably would've done a four day ticket with a hopper instead of a five day non-hopper. We only did one non-park day (not including arrival day) but I could've used another break day.
Thank you for the detailed report. I'm glad that you had a great trip. It looks like you spent a lot of time enjoying being in the parks and not being in lines.

TBH, I would have come home greatly disappointed that I had spent in the ballpark of $100 per person for a day's admission and only got to ride 3-4 attractions. I know that under normal circumstances there's a lot more to do in the parks but given the limited to non-existent entertainment right now, finding other diversions is rather difficult.

Still, I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit and I appreciate that you took the time to go into such detail for everyone. It certainly helps for setting expectations.

Thank you for the detailed report. I'm glad that you had a great trip. It looks like you spent a lot of time enjoying being in the parks and not being in lines.

TBH, I would have come home greatly disappointed that I had spent in the ballpark of $100 per person for a day's admission and only got to ride 3-4 attractions. I know that under normal circumstances there's a lot more to do in the parks but given the limited to non-existent entertainment right now, finding other diversions is rather difficult.

Still, I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit and I appreciate that you took the time to go into such detail for everyone. It certainly helps for setting expectations.
Thanks! We definitely could've gotten on at least a few more rides if we were willing to forego an afternoon break, but the heat was really wiping us out so those were key! We tried to keep the "we'll be back" mindset every time we decided to skip something that had a long line, and that helped me from getting too down about it.

I didn't even like this prepandemic. I never moved all the way in. I'm a Disney criminal.
the criminal part made me laugh because honestly same-and it wasn't even fully because I didn't like people crowding around me but because I liked being near the door where we would load out into for something like HM and TOT because I always like knowing where the exit is.

DAS issues at Magic Kingdom -

I'll start by saying that I am very grateful for the ability of our family to use a DAS; without it, we could no longer do Disney at all. We have a family of 3; and the pass is for my daughter, who was diagnosed with her disability about a year ago.

Our previous 3 trips since diagnosis - DAS has worked perfectly fine. She cannot stand in direct sun/heat for extended time periods, and needs the ability to eat/drink in line. Bathroom breaks are also a pop-up issue, so longer lines can be a problem. We also encountered NO problems this trip at the other parks - they appeared to have trained DAS staff to both issue returns times, and check us back in. Wait times were accurate from DAS within 5 minutes. Almost always, there were 2 distinct Cast Members and/or lines for the 2 different functions - but the DAS lines were also long, so be prepared for that.

Our first MK DAS problem was first thing in the morning; we obtained a 70 minute DAS return time for Seven Dwarves, and headed straight to Pan, since that line is usually shorter and shaded first thing in the morning. We walked up, asked the DAS Cast Member how long the wait was, and he said "5 minutes at the most". I could see that the line was already down the hill past the Tangled bathroom area, and when I asked if he was sure, he acted very put out, and said "I TOLD you it's 5 minutes!" Well, 35 minutes later, we rode the ride. Fortunately, we were able to stay in the shade, and she didn't need to leave the line or use the restroom, but that's a big miscalculation when you ask specifically, and with DAS, riders need more accurate information than that.

Our crisis came for Splash Mountain, which was insanely busy. My son had gotten a return time for 80 minutes, so we went to try to check back in to ride, and the DAS line was literally backed up to the river. It was wall to wall people ( I took pictures), with at least a 30 minute wait to check back in. They had the wheelchair line mixed in, as well as the "Complimentary Return" kinda Fastpasses, which is typical. BUT, with as overwhelmed as the parks were this week, there were TONS of folks trying to use the "Disney screwed up, here's a FastPass". There wasn't a good way to separate our party - there wasn't anywhere close or shaded to wait, and the kids couldn't have gotten back to the line due to the density of the crowd.

So we waited about 30 minutes, and witnessed just horrible service from the one poor, untrained Cast Member trying to deal with all the angry DAS and FastPass folks. The worst part was, there was a management type with a trainee behind him for at least 20 minutes, doing NOTHING. When we got to the front of the line to check in, after watching a large party leave with the adult man in TEARS because the Cast Member wouldn't let him use his passes - he actually asked the guy, "so, what IS your disability?" - which I'm pretty sure is not ok. BTW, he didn't have a DAS - he had the Recovery Passes due to other issues with their party earlier. I mentioned to the Management Cast Member that it would be helpful if they had more help, since the line was so crazy long and many of the folks in the DAS line were struggling. Her response, "Have a Magical Day." with a smirk and a laugh.

So, it was NOT super magical when we finally got onto Splash Mountain, and my kid ends up having a medical crisis during the ride that was TOTALLY avoidable had the DAS worked like it should and like it is promised to work. We had to leave the park after that, and take about four hours before she felt well enough to be up and around again. I can offer more details if needed, but I will be following up with Disability Services. TOTALLY unacceptable.
We use DAS, for myself and my youngest DD (she has sensory processing disorder, I have another medical issue that makes it hard for me to be in the heat and I can get really sick so I need to do like you do as I read in one of your follow up posts to this to another poster). Splash is by far the worst ride for DAS, and probably one of the ones where it's most needed since it's so hard to get out if there is an issue. When we were there in June we had the almost exact same issue with crowds trying to get passes, return to use them, and not enough trained folks helping. I would definitely get in touch with guest services sooner rather than later about this issue, I never expect to get anything out of that personally, but they NEED to know about these kinds of things because it is a serious issue for those of us who truly need the service for real medical issues. We ended up having to leave after our Splash DAS issue as well, we ended up not being able to go to another park for the rest of the day because my daughters issues just became too much after that and we spend the rest of the day in crisis mode with her (not helped by the fact that we got stuck on the ride at the end when her and her sisters lap bar wouldn't come up and the CMs did not handle it well, even after I warned them she has sensory issues and we needed to be calm they completely freaked her out by their behavior). MK is definitely the worst for DAS at the moment, I'll need it in August when I go alone, but I've already decided I'm pretty much not riding most things aside from dark rides and people mover during the day and will just wait for Boo Bash because I don't want to have to deal with it there. So sorry you guys had to deal with this, good warning to others who might need to use the service though.

This was the worst Disney experience we have ever had. We come every year, spend thousands of dollars on Disney vacations--and this one was so disappointing. I've never been disappointed at Disney or wanted to leave early (we checked out early).

The crowds and lines were things that compared with Christmas or Spring break/Easter. Expect to wait a good hour for anything. Philharmagic was even a 30 minute wait. I have never in my life seen the parks like this in July. Yes, you expect heat in July, but what you aren't used to is an hour long wait in the blazing sun before you even enter the indoor que...and no, the reason the line for Big Thunder is all the way back at the Shooting arcade isn't because of social distancing (you are jam packed with people in lines, just walking through the parks--wall to wall), it is literally that long (and this was at 8pm in the evening when you might anticipate crowds to be thinning). There was a Cast member holding a "the line starts here" sign just to get into the Confectionery. Lines for all the snacks, etc. The theme here is an hour line for everything so choose your time/heat tolerance energy well:-). If you expect the lines to move quicker because there is no Fast Pass, I assure you its still the same capacity of guests going to rides--just all in one line. It doesn't move quicker and Disney clearly has increased capacity this month (during our stay Hollywood and MK both reached the maximum capacity).

Hollywood, we got up at 6:45 AM, three of us trying to get a boarding group for Rise, and constantly refreshing. We were in the lobby at BW so the Cast Member could assist us, out of 5 families, only 1 got a board group. We decided to try for the 1. Even at rope drop, you waited in a sweaty long in the sun line before you could go get in the line at 8:30 for the rides--the people going to Toy Story land, may be the force be with them...there lines were astronomical (we sadly didn't even make it into Toy Story land this trip). There was at least an hour for every ride in Hollywood that day--we didn't get the 1pm and promptly headed back to our room to cool down. We were told later by another guest at the pool the ride was down for hours so they just didn't do 1pm boarding groups so they could just try to get all the morning groups on when it loaded. All the parks were similarly packed...

Lines for Food and Wine booths at Epcot on our last night, also so very long--made you rethink getting anything. You just couldn't escape the lines no matter what park/time of day, etc. We tried rope drop, mid day, during rain, close...all with limited success.

Mousekeeping--non existent. There were 5 of us at the BW, we got 5 towels, meant to last us and 1 bottle each of toiletry. I had to call to get more, call daily to get the overflowing trash emptied, etc. No one makes the beds or any tidying of the room. I knew it would be less--but I paid $500 a night for this?

We noticed little things like the landscape not as trimmed as it would expect at the quiet pools (first world problem for sure, but its just not the Disney difference), chairs would be scattered or in disarray and no one was tidying them, wet towels on the ground that a guest left that morning, still there that evening when we went for a night time swim. Mosquitoes seem to be worse--not sure if they have cut back on pest control--but I got several mosquito bites this trip near the pool (we spent a lot of time in the quiet pool to escape the crowds and lines) and I've never gotten bug bites at Disney.

Park reservation system is absolutely awful and IMO contributing to the massive crowd swells. Many people won't park hop (and honestly it doesn't make much sense, and like many things at Disney right now you are are paying way more than the value you are getting back) so they stay in all day...Magic Kingdom and Hollywood are consistently the two most stressful and no shows, character meets, etc. to absorb the crowds.

By day 4 we were so done, we only rode one ride. This trip we did less than we have ever done at Disney--we rode no mountains, we left feeling so sad that this is what the pandemic has done to the place we love so much. This was not an uplifting trip--if you are on the fence, I wouldn't recommend going to anyone right now. We spoke to so many Disney vets while there who said the same....I'm sorry:-).

The good--it does appear the college program has just started back up and the cast members were enthusiastic, wonderful and about the only aspect of the "Disney Difference" we experienced this week....

Would you say that people watchers like us who thrive on the misery of others on vacation would really enjoy this disaster?

Especially since we are packing a full bar?

I asked this on the AKL thread but no answers so thought I’d check here in case anyone’s at Jambo/Kidani now (or will be soon): is there anywhere at the resort to get bottled water (like a 12 pack etc)? We will Instacart if we need to but we are going for a short time and really if we can get the water pack we can just bring the rest of the essentials. TIA if anyone can help!

I'm sorry your question about purchasing packs of water at Jambo House or Kidani Village (AKL) keeps getting ignored.

Kidani Village has been open for awhile. Jambo House has only had the DVC rooms open. The hotel rooms at Jambo House reopen on 08/26/2021.

In Jambo House, the gift shop has been closed, as have Jiko and Boma restaurants and Victoria's something or other lounge.

The gift shop at Kidani Village is called Johari Treasures. The gift shop at Jambo House is called Zawadi Marketplace. The one at Kidani Village is significantly smaller than the one at Jambo House.

The Disney website is not showing that Zawadi Marketplace will reopen with Jambo House; I have no idea whether or not that is accurate. It doesn't make sense to me to have a hotel open but the gift shop closed (but what do I know).

The DVC Member website has a grocery order form which members can use. We think the orders are filled at the hotel gift shop, so we use it as an indication of what you can purchase in the shop. The "Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas & Kidani Village - Grocery Order Form" lists an 8-pack of 12 ounce bottles of Dasani water for $4.79. But whether that is just at the Jambo House gift shop and not at the Kidani Village gift shop, I don't know.

The gift shops often keep these packs of water in the back, so you have to ask a cast member for them.

If you are pricing out delivery of just water, don't forget about www.TurnerDrug.com, which is in Celebration, FL. You can order online. They are showing a 32-pack of 16.9 ounce bottles of water for $8.99. It looks like a flat rate of $9 for shipping to Kidani Village or Jambo House no matter how much you purchase. I haven't priced out any other delivery services, so you'll want to compare. You probably could wait until you get there and place an order if the gift shop doesn't have what you want.

From the official Disney websites:

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House

Note: From January 2022 through April 2022, the Samawati Springs Pool will be closed for refurbishment. See details below.

The following offerings and experiences will be available when Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House reopens on August 26, 2021. Hours of operation will be provided during your stay.
Dining
Shops
  • Johari Treasures
Activities
  • Pools
  • Poolside Activities
  • Movies Under the Stars
  • Fitness Center
  • Community Hall
  • Sports Courts
  • Playground
Transportation
  • Bus transportation will be available from this Disney Resort hotel to the Disney theme parks and the Disney Springs area
  • Bus transportation will be available from this hotel to Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park, but Guests will need to transfer at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park
Pool Refurbishment
From January 2022 through April 2022, the Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village will be closed for refurbishment. During this time, Guests staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village may enjoy the Uzima Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House.
You may see and hear construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but you should not hear noise from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/#drawer-card-animalKingdomJambo

This really rubs me the wrong way. It’s such a money grab.
Plenty of others have said that CMs have been handing out free disposable masks to those who need them.

ETA: there is plenty of other money grabbing going around at WDW, so please don’t think I’m excusing Disney. I’m sure it’s harder to find a free mask than it should be considering the policy change mid trip for plenty of people.

At MK this morning. Went to Space at opening- it was down as was BTMRR. Rode Tea Cups and got barnstormer and dumbo with no waits and Buzz with a 15 minute wait. Posted time was accurate. Back in line for Space now with a recovery pass.

The DAS line is a mess at Space. One CM handles issuing DAS return times, then DAS, swap and recovery as well as turning those away who don’t qualify to be in the line but got in it because it was shorter. The line is long and I feel for those with kids who don’t handle waits and heat.

Next up, pretzels!!

Lol...ummm everyone at Disney is there by choice.
I think the person meant there are numerous places to watch the fireworks and you can move around to find a less crowded space. You can't do that in a ride line.
Wow, in the time I posted this, it is 2 pages past the original post. This was in response to a post discussing the difference between the crowds at HEA and waiting in line for a ride. Don't know how to get the original quote in at this point!

Plenty of others have said that CMs have been handing out free disposable masks to those who need them.

ETA: there is plenty of other money grabbing going around at WDW, so please don’t think I’m excusing Disney. I’m sure it’s harder to find a free mask than it should be considering the policy change mid trip for plenty of people.
I just think it would have been nice to extend the sale for a couple of days after the policy change for people who got caught flat footed mid trip.

We are headed to WDW for a stay at BC in less than 48 hours- YAY!! We have probably been almost 30 times in the last 10 years but have not been since right before the pandemic hit. We have had a rough last year as a family (like many others) and we desperately need a good experience at our happy place. I am not backing out now but so discouraged by all the negative reports. Can anyone report on having a surprisingly good experience in the last week or so??? Besides tempered expectations (my tweens/teens are so tired of me using this phrase) any specific advice for a seasoned veteran with no post-covid experience? I am desperately seeking positive experiences (hoping they still exist).

We are headed to WDW for a stay at BC in less than 48 hours- YAY!! We have probably been almost 30 times in the last 10 years but have not been since right before the pandemic hit. We have had a rough last year as a family (like many others) and we desperately need a good experience at our happy place. I am not backing out now but so discouraged by all the negative reports. Can anyone report on having a surprisingly good experience in the last week or so??? Besides tempered expectations (my tweens/teens are so tired of me using this phrase) any specific advice for a seasoned veteran with no post-covid experience? I am desperately seeking positive experiences (hoping they still exist).
Let me just say we had some good experiences--generally when we let the teens go off on their own and it was just my husband and I--we had a wonderful morning at MK (don't rope drop, just get there during the actual posted openings and you will skip a line to get in), bag check/security is MUCH improved...then go ride the classic rides, HM, Pirates, Pan, Pooh....don't even attempt the mountains or dwarfs and you will get to do more for a good 2 hours. Also, try Animal Kingdom at night--we went to Nomad Lounge had a drink then took a wonderful evening safari and then closed with the FOP (still just under 2 hours even at close, but what a way to end the night--and it was cooler!). We had many laughs at the pool as a family, and try to get dining reservations for lunch--it will give you a break from the crowds. I'm sorry my post was negative--but I really really want people to know its not what you think of as Disney right now--and if you have a choice, I'd try for a different time of the year considering the cost. I wish you nothing but Pixie Dust and special memories.

We are here now, myself & 2 young teens. I’m finding the trip a bit more stressful, but the kids keep telling me they are having a wonderful time :) We have managed to ride most everything we want eventually as long as we are flexible. I did buy each kid a really cheap cell phone, without cell service set up, to use to play games in really long lines. That has been a help at times, but for the most part the lines aren’t phasing the kids. They are just happy to be here.

We are currently at the BCV after four nights at VGF. We had points from last year so staying 10 days total. Our villas were immaculate, grounds are lovely, CMs at both friendly and helpful. Housekeeping made a point to tell us to ask for anything we needed.
We are all early risers so have been at parks an hour before officially open. Easily able to hit headliners and several rides afterwards before it gets ugly. With early mornings and late stays we did everything we wanted to do-we got ROTR boarding passes for both of HS days! What an amazing ride! And the Millennium Falcon was so much fun! MMRR was another favorite! We did stand in a couple 40 minute lines-but saved those for evenings. We are having a great trip-but with 10 days here we can pace ourselves. My grandson is 10 years old and is a trooper!
Have had several wonderful meals-Citricos and Narcoosees were amazing. Raglan Road was very good, Hollywood Brown Derby, SciFi as well. And service was excellent at all of these. Not only welcoming but efficient.
We do miss fast passes very much, but we have had a wonderful vacation. We looked forward to it for so long, and we’re not sorry in the least that we came.

I'm sorry your question about purchasing packs of water at Jambo House or Kidani Village (AKL) keeps getting ignored.

Kidani Village has been open for awhile. Jambo House has only had the DVC rooms open. The hotel rooms at Jambo House reopen on 08/26/2021.

In Jambo House, the gift shop has been closed, as have Jiko and Boma restaurants and Victoria's something or other lounge.

The gift shop at Kidani Village is called Johari Treasures. The gift shop at Jambo House is called Zawadi Marketplace. The one at Kidani Village is significantly smaller than the one at Jambo House.

The Disney website is not showing that Zawadi Marketplace will reopen with Jambo House; I have no idea whether or not that is accurate. It doesn't make sense to me to have a hotel open but the gift shop closed (but what do I know).

The DVC Member website has a grocery order form which members can use. We think the orders are filled at the hotel gift shop, so we use it as an indication of what you can purchase in the shop. The "Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas & Kidani Village - Grocery Order Form" lists an 8-pack of 12 ounce bottles of Dasani water for $4.79. But whether that is just at the Jambo House gift shop and not at the Kidani Village gift shop, I don't know.

The gift shops often keep these packs of water in the back, so you have to ask a cast member for them.

If you are pricing out delivery of just water, don't forget about www.TurnerDrug.com, which is in Celebration, FL. You can order online. They are showing a 32-pack of 16.9 ounce bottles of water for $8.99. It looks like a flat rate of $9 for shipping to Kidani Village or Jambo House no matter how much you purchase. I haven't priced out any other delivery services, so you'll want to compare. You probably could wait until you get there and place an order if the gift shop doesn't have what you want.

From the official Disney websites:

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House

Note: From January 2022 through April 2022, the Samawati Springs Pool will be closed for refurbishment. See details below.

The following offerings and experiences will be available when Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House reopens on August 26, 2021. Hours of operation will be provided during your stay.
Dining
Shops
  • Johari Treasures
Activities
  • Pools
  • Poolside Activities
  • Movies Under the Stars
  • Fitness Center
  • Community Hall
  • Sports Courts
  • Playground
Transportation
  • Bus transportation will be available from this Disney Resort hotel to the Disney theme parks and the Disney Springs area
  • Bus transportation will be available from this hotel to Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park, but Guests will need to transfer at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park
Pool Refurbishment
From January 2022 through April 2022, the Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village will be closed for refurbishment. During this time, Guests staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village may enjoy the Uzima Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House.
You may see and hear construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but you should not hear noise from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/#drawer-card-animalKingdomJambo
Thank you so much for the detailed response! We are staying Jambo DVC the days before the lodge rooms open so it’s helpful to have the information you shared!

Is Pandora still lit up at night? AK closes at 8 for one night during our trip. We hope to see Pandora lit up if we get into the FOP at 7:55.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter