So here now and killing some time. Wondering what reality is for entering parks right now when hopping. Sure it can change but if we arrive at AK or EPCoT around 1:30pm what are the chances they will let us through if hopping?
Sorry, not really sure what you are asking. Which park do you have a reservation for? You are allowed to enter that park from open to close the day you have a reservation.

If you want to hop to a different park you must first tap into the park you have a reservation at regardless of what time of day it is.

Not sure if this helps or not as I'm not quite sure what your original question was.

So here now and killing some time. Wondering what reality is for entering parks right now when hopping. Sure it can change but if we arrive at AK or EPCoT around 1:30pm what are the chances they will let us through if hopping?
I've seen reports of people being let in 5-10 minutes early, but not many (if any) 30 minutes early.

Sorry, not really sure what you are asking. Which park do you have a reservation for? You are allowed to enter that park from open to close the day you have a reservation.

If you want to hop to a different park you must first tap into the park you have a reservation at regardless of what time of day it is.

Not sure if this helps or not as I'm not quite sure what your original question was.
I read it like they were wondering if they would be let in at 1:30 if they showed up at a park if they were hopping, not that they had a park pass there, but that was the park they were hopping to and they showed up at 1:30 (which is obviously before the 2pm hopping time).

Apologies...I was just curious that if we were hopping to another park (AK today) from our reserved park which we have already visited...are they stickers for the 2pm time or will they let us through closer to 1:30pm or 1:45pm? I can say right now since I'm already here...1:30pm was a no go.
Guess we will sit here at the gates until 2pm.

I read it like they were wondering if they would be let in at 1:30 if they showed up at a park if they were hopping, not that they had a park pass there, but that was the park they were hopping to and they showed up at 1:30 (which is obviously before the 2pm hopping time).

Yep you got it. I know some parks people have reported the hopping time can slide a bit earlier. I can say today that isn't the case for AK.

We will just hang at the gates until 2pm

Apologies...I was just curious that if we were hopping to another park (AK today) from our reserved park which we have already visited...are they stickers for the 2pm time or will they let us through closer to 1:30pm or 1:45pm? I can say right now since I'm already here...1:30pm was a no go.
Guess we will sit here at the gates until 2pm.
Thanks for clarifying. Reports on the park hopping thread is that it's normally right at 2:00 and possibly a couple of minutes early but not normally 30 mins early.

If you try to enter early, can you please share your experience on this thread? https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-park-hopping-please-read-post-1.3828708/

Thanks!

Yay! Just curious, what time did you arrive at the security line?
Here is the rundown.

Pop Century/AoA Skyliner Station opens at 7:34 AM

Boarding begins at 7:38 AM

We Board at 7:42 AM

Arrive at CBR Station at 7:45 AM

Boarding has already begun to DHS and we board at 7:51 AM

Arrive at DHS Station at 7:56 AM

Security Screening opens at 8:00 AM so we made it with a couple of minutes to spare and weren't too terribly far back in line.

The line did build rapidly behind us.

Hello all,

Just got back from a week stay at the BCV resort. We went to all four parks. The weather was hot. The lines for rides were longer than other times I visited in recent times. The walking areas were more crowded too. I can't imagine that the crowd levels are only 35 percent now. My guess is it is greater than 50 percent at this point. Does anybody think that the numbers have increased?

It sounds like they have to me. I'm guessing that they're on a path to try to be back to (or very near to) 100% capacity by October 1. Unless some FP magic happens before August 7 when we arrive, I don't intend to spend a ton of time in parks. Just to rope drop and then 3 or maybe 4 rides before the waits become too long for me.

But, also remember a lot of attractions that hold a lot of people are still closed, so all those people are now walking around.
As well as some restaurants that also absorbed a lot of people are still closed.
In May, Bob Chapek stated that capacity would continue to increase over the upcoming months at Walt Disney World, with “low double digits increases” in attendance, so I'm sure the parks are more crowded now.

Hello all,

Just got back from a week stay at the BCV resort. We went to all four parks. The weather was hot. The lines for rides were longer than other times I visited in recent times. The walking areas were more crowded too. I can't imagine that the crowd levels are only 35 percent now. My guess is it is greater than 50 percent at this point. Does anybody think that the numbers have increased?
I have no definitive proof, but I was told by a plaid at the end of June that they would be increasing capacity to 65% on July 5th. It was at least 50% (I want to say it was 55%) at the time I asked, which would have been the 26th or 27th.

Last edited:
Thank
Thank you! We are heading down next week and coming up with our rope drop plans!
We were there 7/5-7/10. MK was the only park we rope dropped that didn't open earlier than their official opening time, but we didn't rope drop AK. At both HS and EP we were able to tap in about 45 mins early and were lead to attractions 30 mins early. Our MK experience was exactly as described above and was miserable. We were able to tap in 45 minutes early, but then held right at the entrance to Fantasyland for 45 minutes. At 9am on the dot they dropped the rope and it was utter chaos as everyone made their way to 7D. The line moved pretty quickly though and we were off the ride by 9:10. By then the posted wait was 75 minutes.

I have no definitive proof, but I was told by a plaid at the end of June that they would be increasing capacity to 65% on July 5th. It was at least 50% (I want to say it was 55%) at the time I asked, which would have been the 26th or 27th.
We were there that week, sounds about right. I don't recall exactly but it was definitely higher than it had been a few weeks earlier. That's when a bunch of park reservations opened up too.

RNRC was accurate at 30 and TOT now 50.
We will be in Hollywood studios two weeks from today. Hard to figure out a strategy when lines fill up so fast. 30 to 50 minute waits right away in the morning is not cool.

I think we may do rockin roller coaster and Tower of terror right at rope drop and then fill in throughout the morning filling in others. Possibly hitting.MMRR or MFSR but by the time we get off of our first two rides I’m guessing that both of those will be long lines. Sucks. These wait times are crazy for only one hour and 15 minutes after park open IMO

DanD02B1754-301C-4A05-8713-6EBA77132C2C.png22CD9B68-8FB3-46C7-96C8-23CDB3EC7369.png

Last edited:
If they’re at 65% capacity, any further increases don’t really matter. 65% is their average attendance for a normal busy park day. They only go higher than that on holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter