Day 3 today was Epcot….

Got a late start since we wanted to sleep in. Took Uber to the park again and got there about 10:45. The Test Track and Soarin waits were already very high. We rode Spaceship Earth, which was about a 10 min wait. And then NEMO which was walk-on. Spent some time in the aquarium and by that time it was time to head to Rose & Crown for our lunch ressie. We stopped at a few shops on the way and checked out some of the food carts to see what we could get later.

This was our first time at Rose & Crown and our lunch was really good. DH, DD and DS got fish and chips and I got the shepherd’s pie. We got a cheese plate for an appetizer and it was SO good! Also got a scotch egg which was interesting. I didn’t hate it but didn’t care for it.

After lunch we made our way around world showcase and did some shopping. The waits were still very high for Test Track, Soarin and Frozen. Around an hour or more. By the time we got to Norway, the way for Frozen was about 42 min so we decided to ride since DD had never been on it. Then roads Cabelleros which was about a 5 min wait. After that, Test Track was down to 50 min and the TP app said to ride now so we did because I assumed it was just going to be bad the rest of the night. It was such a long wait. I really regretted it. I’ve always felt that ride was overrated and not worth a wait like that. And I much prefer the Cars version at DL. I hate the whole Chevy advertisement feel of it.

Anyway, finally got off that and went straight to Mission Space which was barely a 10 min wait. Got some Mickey Pretzels and then walked on Living with the Land, which we all love that ride and debated riding again. Lol... Then we pretty much walked on Soarin. Maybe waited 5 min. By the time we got off, it was about 9 and DD really wanted something from the ice cream place in France and we wanted some things from some of the food carts.

I got some poutine in Canada and DD and DH got some kind of little scallop dish. Made it back to France but the ice cream place was closed. Headed back towards front and I got a tiny dole whip from a cart and DD and DH got a cheesecake dish from the Honey cart which they said was amazing. Stopped in Mouse Gear and got a few things, then out to the buses. Just missed getting on one which was fine with me because I really didn’t want to stand. So we were first in the next one and back to WL by 10:30.

We have MK again tomorrow but are still trying to figure out the morning and if we want to squeeze in Disney Springs early when it won’t be too crazy.

Last edited:
Re: scooters loading on buses:

What I observed is this...

When a bus pulled up, if someone was on a scooter and they were near the front of the line, the bus loader/monitor person would count the # of people in front of them and then have the person on the scooter get out of line and sit to the side. The scooter would be loaded first, then able bodied passengers afterwards.

So essentially the person on the scooter had to wait in the queue with everybody else the whole entire time. There was not a separate scooter/wheelchair line.

What did NOT occur is a CM scanning the big long line of guests and pulling out all of the scooters and having the scooter rider and his/her group cut to the front of the big long queue.

My apologies if what I said earlier was confusing!
I haven’t been to wdw in two years, but previously my experience was scooters always loaded first priority no matter the line length.

We went to Disney spring twice the week of 6/4-6/12. There was a line to get in the lego store and of course the Gideon’s line, but no lines anywhere else. One of the nights we were there was a Friday night. We enjoyed shopping, ate at homecomin’ one night and earl of sandwich the other.
🙂
Awesome thank you! I have been hearing stories about waiting and mobile check out and we are very walk around and really look shoppers!

Did rope drop at Epcot twice this week entered from IG.
One day probably for crowd control allowed the first couple 100 to go through security and line up in tapstile. At 10:15 CM walked us to Canada to wait until 10:30.
First day I went to Frozen which was walk on as I was near front. Then I went to soarin 10:52. Did not have ride open, waited in line until it opened at 11:00 about 30 min.
Second day not as crowded at security they let us through and held at tapstile then walked us down to Canada to wait until 10:30. Iwas at front of line and walked fast to TT. Rounded the corner and ***!!! Complete chaos. Because the people who come from the front of the park Main entry are closer they filled the inner cue. But hundreds were like figuring out how to make a line. I did not see any CM and there was no sign saying end of line. People organized themselves. But sheesh I ended up waiting at least an hour for the ride. I am not certain they opened the ride until 10:45 either because we stood 5-10 across until the line started moving.
IMHO- unless you are in front of park and near front of line. Perhaps try later. On the other hand with rain and lightning in afternoons they closed it frequently. FP?…lol

Lying in bed at Beach Club (12:15 am) and listening to fireworks galore being tested. I wish I could see them, but I’m in my PJs and not about to get up and venture out. Still, it’s a wonderful thing to even hear them - normalcy is returning!
My son heard them Wednesday night and I scolded him for not waking me up. BE7FF3F0-A53F-41A1-A9C9-8AC15A958DE9.jpegSo last night he did. This was taken from our balcony at SSR Paddock area.

AK Today: No masks were required by CMs anywhere for us today except the petting zoo part of Rafiki’s (affection section) where unvaccinated guests are asked to mask up. There may be free masks available for such purposes.
A cast member told us when asked when parking lot Trams would be back online, “We’re hearing rumors that may be in August. Cross our fingers.”

Last edited:
Lying in bed at Beach Club (12:15 am) and listening to fireworks galore being tested. I wish I could see them, but I’m in my PJs and not about to get up and venture out. Still, it’s a wonderful thing to even hear them - normalcy is returning!
EXACT "same", from a week ago. Exact same resort, exact same circumstances. ;)

AK Today: No masks were required by CMs anywhere for us today except the petting zoo part of Rafiki’s (affection section) where unvaccinated guests are asked to mask up. There may be free masks available for such purposes.
I think that you have to go off of the assumption that there will be no social distancing and masks ( or any COVID precautions ) going forward.

Personally; as long as no one cares if I wear one and ***** to me about wearing a mask, I no longer care if anyone that I'm around isn't wearing a mask or is social distancing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter