We arrived Labor Day weekend and stayed through the following weekend. DHS wait times were tough on the weekends. Muppets was 35 minutes. Mask compliance is better than what I am used to locally but that's a pretty low bar being from Georgia. If you are concerned about masks or about people in your space it's probably better if you don't go right now. I personally saw/heard cast members enforce mask compliance only 3 times in 8 days of parks/resorts/Disney Springs. Busses were not a problem as they were nearly empty each time we were on them. That being said, only 9 days until we arrive at the Boardwalk :)

Those are great pictures!:thumbsup2
Was the Savi’s experience any different on re-opening as opposed to pre-COVID?

Same experience but with less people, which in turn meant more 1 on 1 interaction and cast member attention. Was still very cool, but it def is cooler with a packed room when all of the light sabers light up at the end.

We were at DHS today. The good things were getting BG 12, and slinky dog first thing. But it is really hot, very crowded, and wait times at 45-75 for basically everything. We left to go back to the vistana and regroup at 3 and are going back at 5. 7:30 ADR for Sci Fi. It feels like before they invented FP. We waited 45 for muppets. Not kidding.

I would try to get there at 7:30. We were 1st, 5th and 3rd or 4th on the 3 days we went.
I read a blog post that said if they aren't gearing up the Skyliner at 8:40ish getting ready to start them at 9 then it might be better to use Lyft or Uber to HS. I might cry if I get in line at 7:30 and it ends up not running lol.

I say this every couple of pages.
Real expectations are key!!
Do not think the crowds will be July and August crowds
Do not think the attractions will be walk on or 10 to 15 min wait times
Do not think 100% of people are wearing mask, physical distancing in queues and looking at entrance and exit markers

DO

have a flexible plan
rope drop, as in be at the parks 45 min before official opening time
go to your number 1 priority attraction first
stay until end of day
Use mobile order to your advantage, meaning order early in the day to lock the time you want to eat, this will avoid the extra 20 min wait time if that specific wait time is full
Be open minded and considerate to others. Just because you see someone without a mask for 1 minute doesn't meant his person ahs been blatantly ignoring the rules or it might, but just walk away and try to not let that bother you too much
Listen to the CM/TM/Ambassadors directions

Just have realistic expectations, even before covid I would tell people coming pick 3 attractions that you must do, plan around them and the rest is icing on the cake, there are still attractions that are walk ons at certain times of the day. This is all brand new for everyone and if you decide to come now just be aware that this will be unlike any other trip and go with the flow

If the recent long wait reports seem like too much reconsider coming now. Why come if you are already nervous and feeling negative about your trip?
I’m so glad to see this!! I’ve been reading this thread. We booked for December 5 and who knows there might be more changes in the next couple months. However I look at the app and the lines still look shorter than times I went even this past March. We could only get the first 3 FP and that was it so we waited in lines here and there. I think FP has us spoiled in a way. When I read it was “packed” or “insane” those terms mean week between Xmas and New Years in my mind and it doesn’t seem to be to that level so it is perception. FOP used to get up to 240 mins easily so 60 seems like a breeze at this point.

At home I went to Costco the other day, and easily half the people in the store we’re not wearing masks, and it was shoulder to shoulder people. So from that POV, I think mask compliance has been nearly perfect, everywhere we’ve gone at WDW and Universal. But if you need to have that 6 foot perimeter between you and others, it isn’t possible in the parks. You wait on lines or dots going in, but going out is very crowded together.

Just a quick note as I have seen a number of posts about mask compliance. I can not imagine a place better than Disney for compliance! As a healthcare worker, I am entertained (maybe not the correct word) by the improper mask usage - basically wearing them as chin straps. We spent some time at Universal and the compliance was around 98%, but only about 70% wearing them properly. No one enforcing proper usage there at all.
At Disney, mask compliance was 99%, maybe 100%. Proper mask usage was up to around 95%, and if not worn properly, cast members would politely tell you. My husband brought a smaller mask that did not always fully cover the top part of the nose (not necessary but Disney does say the masks need to cover fully the nose and mouth - and combination of humidity and sunblock made it drop a lot). He was told 7 times by cast members that his mask was not fully covering his nose. It got a little annoying, but hey, they were doing their job. I can't imagine any other place having better mask compliance and proper usage. At home (Minneapolis) the mask usage is good, but no one wears them properly. Outside very few people wear them here, so we are not used to wearing them in the sun, heat and humidity of Florida, but it is doable.
Universal had many relaxation stations around wear we sat and took off the masks. Dollywood has them as well. We didn't see any in Disney - they may be hidden, or they took them away? Not sure, would be nice if they had some.

Just a quick note as I have seen a number of posts about mask compliance. I can not imagine a place better than Disney for compliance! As a healthcare worker, I am entertained (maybe not the correct word) by the improper mask usage - basically wearing them as chin straps. We spent some time at Universal and the compliance was around 98%, but only about 70% wearing them properly. No one enforcing proper usage there at all.
At Disney, mask compliance was 99%, maybe 100%. Proper mask usage was up to around 95%, and if not worn properly, cast members would politely tell you. My husband brought a smaller mask that did not always fully cover the top part of the nose (not necessary but Disney does say the masks need to cover fully the nose and mouth - and combination of humidity and sunblock made it drop a lot). He was told 7 times by cast members that his mask was not fully covering his nose. It got a little annoying, but hey, they were doing their job. I can't imagine any other place having better mask compliance and proper usage. At home (Minneapolis) the mask usage is good, but no one wears them properly. Outside very few people wear them here, so we are not used to wearing them in the sun, heat and humidity of Florida, but it is doable.
Universal had many relaxation stations around wear we sat and took off the masks. Dollywood has them as well. We didn't see any in Disney - they may be hidden, or they took them away? Not sure, would be nice if they had some.
Hey fellow Minnesotan! Apparently Disney does have them, and they’re marked on the printed maps, or the digital versions thereof, but I don’t know if they’re well marked in the parks or in the app.

Went to MK today. Arrived in park about 8:40 and walked directly to 7DMT which was listed at 45 but we were on in 25 minutes. Wait times today were much better than our Sunday visit. 15 minute wait for PP, 5 min wait for BTM so we got off and went through line again- 10 min the second time. Walked on HM. All before 11. Times were longer after that but nothing was more than 30 minutes. Saw many of the character cavalcades- Goofy, Jack and Sally, Princesses, the Fab 5, Pooh and friends. Saw Cpt Jack by Pirates and look out for Peter Pan posing in front of the Crystal Palace. Only ride we didn’t get to do was Space Mt because it broke down for about an hour and a half so we left. Tomorrow is Epcot.

I do wonder what are the concerns for bringing back fast passes. I'm sure there are reasons beyond low crowds. The organization of the two lines, the spacing on the rides, etc. We purchased express pass for our universal day. Id love for a Fastpass version like disneylands to come to world. Day of and for the park you are in. But I don't get the vibe this is a priority for Disney right now. They need people in the lines since so much is still closed.

Although I do not like standing in lines, I don't want to see FP return yet either. If rides are already running at reduced capacity, cutting that down further will make for INCREDIBLY long waits. Like I don’t think it would be physically possible for them to have both lines full space wise in the parks.

I read a blog post that said if they aren't gearing up the Skyliner at 8:40ish getting ready to start them at 9 then it might be better to use Lyft or Uber to HS. I might cry if I get in line at 7:30 and it ends up not running lol.
This happened to us and it was honestly a blessing in disguise. If you are at the front of the Pop Skyliner line and it doesn’t end up running, they will start towards the front and apologize and say you will have to take buses. Don’t wait around, longer, question....just GO! Get to the bus stop ASAP! It takes a few minutes for people to process what’s going on and for news to get to the back of the Skyliner line. A bus showed up within minutes and we were headed directly to HS, no transfer mess at CBR or worrying about how we would end up in line there. We basically walked on MMRR and Slinky Dog and secured a BG before our Slinky ride. But like I said if it goes down HUSTLE! After the announcement, many people were aggravated and stood around a min or two to get their bearings, some had strollers with kids and food spread out, so just be prepared and move! 😂

This happened to us and it was honestly a blessing in disguise. If you are at the front of the Pop Skyliner line and it doesn’t end up running, they will start towards the front and apologize and say you will have to take buses. Don’t wait around, longer, question....just GO! Get to the bus stop ASAP! It takes a few minutes for people to process what’s going on and for news to get to the back of the Skyliner line. A bus showed up within minutes and we were headed directly to HS, no transfer mess at CBR or worrying about how we would end up in line there. We basically walked on MMRR and Slinky Dog and secured a BG before our Slinky ride. But like I said if it goes down HUSTLE! After the announcement, many people were aggravated and stood around a min or two to get their bearings, some had strollers with kids and food spread out, so just be prepared and move! 😂

maybe explain to people how to get to the buses from the skyliner line.

Can someone tell me the answer to the above? Looking for recent information, we‘re going tomorrow. Do they allow you to line up before the toll booths actually open?

Can someone tell me the answer to the above? Looking for recent information, we‘re going tomorrow. Do they allow you to line up before the toll booths actually open?
You can start lining up at 8am, they open the lot at 8:15am

maybe explain to people how to get to the buses from the skyliner line.
So from the Skyliner bridge, head straight back around Pop’s main pool. We went to the right of the pool as people were lined up down the left side. We went through the main Pop lobby to the original HS bus line. Some people went around the building on the right If your towards the front, going between the lobby and Everything Pop would be fine. If your a little late to the game, going around to the right of the building might save some time bc the line stretches that direction. You might have to backtrack a bit if you go to the lobby a bit late and too big of line is already forming. Also, if you are super late to the game and you see a hoard of people hustling to the building about 8:45, immediately turn around and head for the bus stop and you might end up ahead of the game! Lol

You can start lining up at 8am, they open the lot at 8:15am
WDW newbie here; is this all of the lots, or just the main one by MK? Do all the lots open at the same time, or a set time before park opening? (ie How early can I get there and wait outside the parking lot?)

Was there September 13-18. Hotter than heck, and I live in the South. Unbearable. Went to HS on Tuesday, and couldn't do/ride anything. (Actually adult daughter got there before me and she rode Slinky). The next day we went to MK. She walked right onto Space Mountain. Mine Train was 45 minutes. So, we did things we normally wouldn't do: Dumbo, Goofy Barnstormer, Winnie The Pooh, Peter Pan, walked onto Thunder Mountain). Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain wait times were ridiculous...and this was a Wednesday! Had lunch at Pecos Bill. Very difficult to find a table, but kept walking around till we found one. Pirates looked long, so we went on that Aladdin Magic Carpet Ride thing. We left shortly thereafter since the heat was UNBEARABLE and we had StormAlongBay to look forward to. Did some shopping down main street, hopped on a bus and was in our swim suits shortly thereafter!

WDW newbie here; is this all of the lots, or just the main one by MK? Do all the lots open at the same time, or a set time before park opening? (ie How early can I get there and wait outside the parking lot?)
All the parks are about the same. Line up an hour before, they open the parking lots about 45 minutes before official park opening

Today's MK trip:

Began at GF Cafe for breakfast. I was done with the meal and at the monorail station at 8:10 but they held me there until 8:25 which was the first Resort monorail to MK. At the gate at 8:30, but found almost nothing open! Only Seven Dwarves was open and I found I don't like that ride (severe motion sickness). Peter Pan opened at 8:50 so I rode it with a short wait, then walked onto Haunted Mansion at 9:00. I then went to Big Thunder. Should have been a fast line but they were only running one side of the trains, so this was about a 15-20 minute wait. Splash was broken down until about 10am, so I headed into Adventureland.

Pirates was showing a 5 minute wait but I walked in and hit what was probably a cleaning cycle so I was stuck there and the ride became more of a 30 minute experience. Next was Jungle Cruise, which also hit a cleaning cycle and at least two boats loaded up handicapped passengers, so this was another 20-30 minute wait.

The next step was back to Fantasyland to ride Philharmagic, then over to Frontierland for Splash Mountain (long wait). By now it was 1pm, so back to the Polynesian for some pool time.

I returned to the park at about 4:20. I rode Buzz and Pooh, then returned to Splash. It was a shorter wait but still 40 minutes and I exited the ride at 6:03 to begin the journey back to the resort. I rode about 10 rides, the majority were E-rickets, in about 6 hours in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter