Here now. Crowds aren't that bad...update

rgf207

DIS Veteran
Did AK today. Walked on dinosaur, ittab,everesr 15 minute wait An FP safari. It's not bad at all. There were no lines for CS locations at 12:30 for lunch which usually never happens. It's HOT though

How hot is hot? A friend of mine just texted me to say they arrived safely. Just wondering how bearable/unbearable it is. We have been at the end of August, and I remember it being unbearable!

Hoping it stays like this -- we arrive on Wednesday morning. :banana::banana: Last Aug it wasn't too bad either -- waits were posted at 20 mins but is was less than that. Plus we had all the wind and rain from tropical storm fay to help keep the crowds away

1 day 7 hrs to go before we head off to the world.

gotta finish my packing!

Thanks for posting. My sister and her family arrived today for their first trip. She hasn't called me since she got to MK and I have been hoping that the crowds haven't been bad.

Keep the updates coming, we will be there in a few weeks and I can't wait! Have a fantastic time and I hopes the lines stay short for you!:wizard:

Thanks for the update! We will arrive Tuesday, and plan on AK Thursday. So excited!:banana::banana::banana:

sounds like you hit a good day. Sunday is an Optimal day to go to AK because many are either arriving or arrived yesterday and headed to the "more popular" parks.

I was there week after the 4th of July. Believe me it was crowded,however following a good tour plan really helps to avoid the crowds. Also while waiting for my kids to get off a ride we were talking to a CM supervisor, (plain clothes wearing, name tag, walkie talkie, etc) she said the economy is hitting the parks. The reservations at hotels are up due to the deals being given however, the non resort guest numbers are down so there is a slightly smaller percentage of people in the parks.

Enjoy your visit and please let us know how the next few days go! :)

I hope it stays low, my 12-year-old oncology patient is leaving tomorrow to go with her family through Give Kids the World and I'd love for her to have a great trip without having to navigate big crowds. :thumbsup2

With it being all over the internet and television news programs about Disney jacking up prices during a recession....I'll bet it does keep the crowds low for awhile. (And that's not a vent...shorter waiting lines for us! :goodvibes )

p.s. Did anyone see Stephen Colbert have the Mickey Mouse look-a-like do the skit where it beat the crap out of "the dying consumer". :rotfl::rotfl: Gotta love Colbert.

At home it certainly didn't feel as hot today as it has been, and I hope it stays that way in Orlando! Or else you will find me in the pool all day.

Hi Tampa Mouseketeer! nice to see someone else from this neck of the woods!

Sounds good. Taking dd for her birthday this week. First time we're going in EARLY August. We usually stay away in the summer (plus Seasonal APs are blacked out then anyway, but they expired so we're doing the 3 day pass and will upgrade to seasonal APs next trip).

Although I must say it was quite hot down here today, but I don't expect anything different this time of year.:goodvibes Have to find those mister fans!;)

My parents arrived today as well, they're staying at the GF Club Level since they got a really nice deal. They said lines weren't really that long for the major rides. They said Splash was like 45 minutes, Thunder Mtn was 20 minutes. So that's not too bad for the beginning of August. I just hate the hot and humid summers in Central Florida. Lived there for 9 years and I'll take Vegas hot over Central Florida hot anyday of the week.

Good to know - we arrive on Friday and plan an evening at AK. Thanks for the update. Wondering how the family is going to fair in the heat this year, as it has yet to be 90 degrees here in NJ this summer. We always go in August, but we are usually used to the heat by then.

Hope the rest of your trip is as great.

Good to know - we arrive on Friday and plan an evening at AK. Thanks for the update. Wondering how the family is going to fair in the heat this year, as it has yet to be 90 degrees here in NJ this summer. We always go in August, but we are usually used to the heat by then.

Hope the rest of your trip is as great.

We'll be arriving NEXT Friday, and I'm also wondering how we'll manage the heat.
We always go in August as well, but you're right about being used to the heat here in Jersey by then!! Maybe some 90's this week????

We were at the world Sunday the 26th - Saturday the 1st - and the longest we waited in line at each of the parks was 15/20 mins. The longest we saw was Toy Story Mania and that was between a 50 and 70 minute wait time all afternoon. We were on the quick service dining plan - and only waited in line for orders maybe 5 minutes (and that includes eating lunch right at noon too).

The temperatures were hot (not hot-hot-hot) - I didn't start breaking out in a sweat the minute I opened the door at the Beach Club!

Thanks for the update...I just wonder how it will be once the free dining kicks in.

Good to hear that the crowds aren't bad. We'll be there in three weeks, and I'm hoping for light crowds, and to have this ear infection cleared up by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter