Here now, crowds are worse than I had expected :/

Jenamy1013

Earning My Ears
Was hoping for a nice quiet week after the craziness of thanksgiving week had passed. Not the case. It's crazy busy everywhere you turn. We are in Hollywood studios today which the lines app had at a 3 out of 10 today. Feels like a 9! Wall to wall people and very difficult to even navigate through the crowds. The only salvation has been the Fast pass plus and getting the main rides out of the way. Hoping the rest of the week gets better. The weather is beautiful however so at least that's enjoyable as I sit here watching the hoards of people go by :/

Wow, really?! I am looking on my MDE App and it says the only rides currently with long waits are RNR Coaster and TSMM, and everything else is 30 minutes or less. Is that not the case? Or is it just that although the wait time is reasonable, it is just really crowded?

The wait times are ok for some things, but the whole park just feels crowded in general. Getting in to watch any of the shows is a nightmare.

If it's possible to change up some of your plans, I'd consider following the recommended park days.

Per Josh at easywdw.com - HS is not recommended for today.

Easywdw has HS and EP as red parks today. I know all of that is subjective, but I'm sorry things aren't the way you hoped.

Easywdw has HS and EP as red parks today. I know all of that is subjective, but I'm sorry things aren't the way you hoped.

That's awesome to know thanks!. We follow the park recommendations and stay away from the red parks, but I always wonder.....

We are at AK today and agree the people in the park seem like a lot more than expected but wait times are OK.

We were there the week before thanksgiving and was following undercover tourist . We had a green day when we went to Hollywood studios...and same thing....lots and lots of people! Wait times were getting up thete..but there was just a wall of people

I feel like Hollywood Studios is one of those parks that can definitely feel busier than it actually is. We had the same experience at HS when we were there last month (wait times weren't too bad, but felt like wall-to-wall people in all of the walkways).

We are here now also and are having the opposite experience. Crowds are low. We are following Josh's recommended days and touring plans.

I am totally agreeing with thw the wall to wall people. Its insane! And with FP+ it's hard to change our days around. I know in theory we can chane FP+s but in reality there's nothing really left if we try to change. It's frustrating for sure and sometimes difficult to remember this is my happy place!

DisneyElite4 said:
We are here now also and are having the opposite experience. Crowds are low. We are following Josh's recommended days and touring plans.

Do you have access to FP_? I have been here since Thanksgiving. It is more crowded than I expected. I have rope dropped everyday and then hopped and used FP+, but since I'm at Pop I have no FP_ and I do think I'm not getting as much done as I could on the old system. Granted still doing quite a bit but not as much as I could.

I've gone the beginning of December many times. I always found MK to be less crowded on MVMCP dates and DHS more crowded. People avoid MK because of the early close and go to DHS instead. And also the reverse - on non-MVMCP dates, MK is more crowded and DHS is less crowded.

I feel like Hollywood Studios is one of those parks that can definitely feel busier than it actually is. We had the same experience at HS when we were there last month (wait times weren't too bad, but felt like wall-to-wall people in all of the walkways).

This. HS was not built for crowds in a lot of areas. Too many narrow spots, especially on the side of the park to "west" of Echo Lake from Star Wars up through America and "east" towards the Commissary. Even Hollywood Boulevard from the "gas station" up until it opens up is a bit too narrow. MK usually feels less cramped than HS, even when there are far more people in it.

I think it's also due to the nature of the majority of HS attractions being shows, and a lot of those shows don't have interior queues to go into (or the queues don't open until just before seating). You get people who are "between show times" just milling around in a lot of areas because they have no place else to go.

Lastly, it's not an intelligently laid out park like MK and Epcot are. People take wrong turns, mill around, stand in the walkway trying to figure out where they are on a map, more so than the other parks, I've noticed.

We're here today and were at MK. It was AWESOME! It didn't even feel crowded:) We were at AK on Sunday and it was also very manageable. However, we were at Epcot yesterday (which was recommended on easywdw.com) and it seemed very crowded. Soarin was at 70 min at 10:30 am and FP out to 6:30 - 7:30. And world showcase was a fiasco. The line for Candlelight Processional was backed up from American Adventure all the way to the boat dock at the Germany Pavilion. When the show let out, it was wall-to-wall people all the way back into future world. I'm hoping it was just due to Neil Patrick Harris narrating and that it will be less crowded when we go back later in the week:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter