• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here now...Crowds are crazy!

AuroraMeansDawn

DIS Veteran
We were 2nd in line into the MK this morning and got there at 7:15. It was still dark. Park opened at 8:00. Was at ESWB by8:06 and was in 2nd group. Got LM in and met Ariel, rode PP, IASW, BTMR and lined up for BOG at 10:15 and by the time we got out it was wall to wall people. Did a quck meet and greet w Gaston and that was it for us until late EMH.

It is decidedly Spring Break and it shows!!! It's crazy out there! Have fun and be careful. And meet Gaston! Best part of my day!! :cheer2::cheer2:

AK had EMH this morning, and it was pretty cool watching dawn breaking while riding Everest. We switched to DHS before 9 and it was OK for about an hour, then it got very busy. When we left at 11:30am people were pouring in. Lines at bag check were the longest I've ever seen at any park. FP for Toy Story were up to 7:15 to 8:15pm by 10:45am.

Jim

We went last week, and had moderate crowd. It was quite cold though.

March break started for many schools this week and thus we know the parks would be crowded this week.

We were 2nd in line into the MK this morning and got there at 7:15. It was still dark. Park opened at 8:00. Was at ESWB by8:06 and was in 2nd group. Got LM in and met Ariel, rode PP, IASW, BTMR and lined up for BOG at 10:15 and by the time we got out it was wall to wall people. Did a quck meet and greet w Gaston and that was it for us until late EMH.

It is decidedly Spring Break and it shows!!! It's crazy out there! Have fun and be careful. And meet Gaston! Best part of my day!! :cheer2::cheer2:

Epcot was easywdw's best park for the day. I wonder who was there and what the crowds were like. DHS and MK were the worst parks.
We have friends there now and it looks like from their pictures on facebook they were at DHS.

With you being in the second group for ESWB how long was your wait? I have heard the show is 30 minutes so did that mean you had a 30 or 60 minute wait? Just trying to figure out our own plans for next week thanks!

MelissaMakesCakes said:
With you being in the second group for ESWB how long was your wait? I have heard the show is 30 minutes so did that mean you had a 30 or 60 minute wait? Just trying to figure out our own plans for next week thanks!

Our trip last month we arrived at ETwB at 8:04 and we were told we were in the second group... We waited about 5 minutes, maybe a little more and we were out by 8:27

FP for Toy Story were up to 7:15 to 8:15pm by 10:45am.

Jim

Has anyone who's visited the parks recently compared the actual FP return times vs. what is displayed on the My Disney Experience app? Yesterday the app was indicating that FPs were available for TSMM until almost 1pm but that doesn't seem to jive with the above. We'll be in WDW 1st week of April at BWV and I was hoping to use the app to tell me what the FP return times are before I visit Epcot or DHS but it won't be very very helpful if the return times are 1-2 hours off.

From what I can gather, Fasspass times differ from ride to ride.

For example I can get a fast pass at 1pm for Ride "A" with a return time at 3:10-4:10
I can get a fast pass at 1pm for Ride "B" with a return time at 7:30-8:30

Last Wednesday while at MK, Peter Pan had 7pm fastpass returns early in the afternoon. Others like Winnie The Pooh had return times about 60-90 minutes later.

First week of April is going to be busy so you can assume fastpasses are going to go fast, so get those attractions done early

We went last week, and had moderate crowd. It was quite cold though.

March break started for many schools this week and thus we know the parks would be crowded this week.

We were there last week too, arrived Saturday, came home Friday. It was pretty cold, thank goodness I had been obsessively checking the weather, we spent almost everyday in jeans and sweatshirts. I thought the crowds were ok, but definitely growing throughout the week. Plus, the cheerleaders were there, ran into a few groups, nothing bad. I think I only noticed them because of the humongous bows they wear!

We were at Epcot yesterday. We made it to rope drop, headed to Soarin', got our FP (return time 9:40) and rode right away as a walk on, by the time we got off, standby was 45 minutes. We then headed over and walked onto Nemo and made the first Turtle Talk. Ran to get FP for TT (return time 12:05) then used our Soarin' FP. When we got off at 10:30, it was a 60 minute wait.
Spaceship Earth was a 20 minute wait. Headed to use our TT FP, got to the loading bay and the ride shut down, we were lead out an alternate exit and given FP to cone back any time before Friday. The standby line had been at 120 minutes, I feel bad for anyone who had waited that long only for it to shut down.
All in all we did Soarin' twice, Nemo, Turtle Talk, SE and and a failed TT attempt and were leaving the park at 12:30.
Anyone who did not arrive at RD was in for a long morning as standby times were about twice as long as normal times, but that's spring break for you!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Pete W. said:
Has anyone who's visited the parks recently compared the actual FP return times vs. what is displayed on the My Disney Experience app? Yesterday the app was indicating that FPs were available for TSMM until almost 1pm but that doesn't seem to jive with the above. We'll be in WDW 1st week of April at BWV and I was hoping to use the app to tell me what the FP return times are before I visit Epcot or DHS but it won't be very very helpful if the return times are 1-2 hours off.

Yes, I was there last week and find the times to be fairly accurate. One or two time it said "limited availability" instead of an actual time, but we managed to get late fp's for Toy Story.

Yes, I was there last week and find the times to be fairly accurate. One or two time it said "limited availability" instead of an actual time, but we managed to get late fp's for Toy Story.

I agree. They have matched very closely if not exactly every time I check MDE on recent trips.

We went to DHS, Epcot, and late night MK yesterday. The crowds are heavy, but manageable. Got FP for TSM, rode RR. Did LM and Animation academy drawing Mickey. GMR, BLST, TSM, FP for ST. Lunch, ST, IJ, Animation for Chip drawing, shopped, and went back to the room at 3:30. Rested and then went to EPcot. Did Agent P GB mission, rode SE, Nemo, and had dinner at Chefs de France watching Illuminations (dinner took Forever!). Hopped to MK (just barely missed Wishes; saw it from bus) to see New FL. Walked onto Dumbo and LM. Toured Gastons and watched electrical parade and went back to Beach Club. So the crowds are here, but you can still see and do a lot!

Thanks to those of you posting your spring break experiences. We're going over Easter and I know it's going to be super crowded, but we're still excited.

We plan to be up early every day and to do morning EMH whenever possible. I figure we'll have an early lunch in the parks and then head back to the resort after lunch.

After a swim and a nap, we'll head out to dinner and a park.

I was wondering about things like, which FP to get first, Soarin or TT, so it helps to hear others' experiences. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter