Here Now at SSR...

Mjkre

Mouseketeer
Heater not working in High Rock main pool...stay at one of the others if that matters to you. Even for a snow swept New Yorker like myself, it was way too cold. Paddock area pool is nice and warm! Also, problems with magic bands. They needed to reissue ones upon arrival. Took about an hour. But Nick and Kathy at front desk were fantastic. So nice to kids with gifts and things. I think they were so surprised to have a guest who was not losing her mind over the problem. Seriously, we were only one of two flights to get out of our airport yesterday, and all (including DH's) flights through tomorrow are cancelled. So grateful to be here, really could care less about magic bands.

Any questions? Be glad to answer! Doing a resort only stay for the most part! DD is only one going to the parks w friends .

Weather has been dry since we got here, 2/10, a bit of a cold front came in, lows dropped into the 40's at night and 60's during the days. It looks like warmer weather is moving in, today was nice. There is something going on by the Grand Stand Pool with a water main, I have heard that two of the grandstand buildings are without water, the water at the facilities in the Grand Stand Pool area are off, but the pool is ok. The heater is working on the Grand Stand Pool too, that main pool was really really cold.

We are here too. We just moved from the grandstand to paddock because our build has not had any water since 1 pm. Finally got all moves in to our new room it is about 11:30. The staff has been as helpful as they can but the move was hard with two little princess. Anybody know what I should as the manager for as a way of compensation for all of this inconvenience?

Other than this I will say the weather has been great and I am surprisingly likely the fast + system.

Heater not working in High Rock main pool...stay at one of the others if that matters to you. Even for a snow swept New Yorker like myself, it was way too cold. Paddock area pool is nice and warm! Also, problems with magic bands. They needed to reissue ones upon arrival. Took about an hour. But Nick and Kathy at front desk were fantastic. So nice to kids with gifts and things. I think they were so surprised to have a guest who was not losing her mind over the problem. Seriously, we were only one of two flights to get out of our airport yesterday, and all (including DH's) flights through tomorrow are cancelled. So grateful to be here, really could care less about magic bands. Any questions? Be glad to answer! Doing a resort only stay for the most part! DD is only one going to the parks w friends .

Do you prefer paddock or grandstand area?

Arriving there next week and have requested Congress Park. How visible is the construction in Downtown Disney?

The weather started out in the mid 70s during the day but was in the mid 80s by yesterday (2/19). 40s-50s at night so bring a sweatshirt and capris/pants/jeans. The main pool was definitely warmer yesterday, but I still don't think the heater was working. Someone said it would be fixed this weekend. The Paddock Pool area was very crowded as a result (and I didn't even know about the problems with the Grandstand area...ugh).

The construction is, well, construction. We rented a bike and took it past Congress Park. Cranes (I think I counted 4) were clearly visible as were the walls and construction debris across the way. DTD has several crowded funneled walk ways as a result of the construction that make it seem even more crowded. We actually had a pretty cool view of the tops of Cirque and Characters in Flight from our "water view" Paddock area room. For us, it was an ideal room. We had a great view and it was a quick trip down the stairs to the Paddock Pool. 1 br, Room 5303, btw.

We had some more issues with charging priv. on magic bands not working. Also, fyi, you still need to carry around your DVC card for discounts which is really silly and a pain considering all the stuff stored on that band.

On a side note, we had no dinner reservations this trip. We ate some counter service, Earl of Sandwich, Wolf Gang Pucks Cafe and Whispering Canyon. Both reservations were made within an hour of getting there. Ok, one night we ate Wetzels Pretzels and other snacks for dinner, but hey, vacations have there own set of rules, right?! I loved not having any reservations. Sooooo much less stress!

Also, we got Cirque tix the night of with the DVC discount...awesome show!l And massages at the spa.. wonderful.

Overall, although we had a very short almost no parks trip (5 nights)(only one DD went to two parks with a friend), and we all had a blast. Drinks, pools, hot tubs, surrey bikes, crafts, games, hula hoops, shopping, massages and Cirque tix.... But it would have been much better if Hard Rock pool heater was working for sure.

Thanks for the update.... sound like you are having a great time! I think I will change my view request to lake view, Paddocks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter