• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here now and weather stinks. Awful

We were at WDW the 26-30th. What bothered me more was the awful humidity. The second I came out of a building my hands would feel wet. And don't even get me started on what it did to my hair! I don't have curly hair, but four days in the that humidity made it flip in every direction! Saturday the 28th was the best weather day for us. We were in Epcot the whole day and night and it only rained for five or ten minutes around noon. We got caught in a downpour at MK on Sunday afternoon around 4:00 but we were leaving soon anyways since there was a party that night. We took the ferry to Ft. Wilderness to have dinner at Trail's End and we didn't have any rain while there or on our way back to the resort. I did look out the blinds later that night and saw that it was raining again and I felt bad for everyone who was at the party. Monday it started raining at AK while we were at Tusker House for lunch. It rained on and off until we left at park closing which was 5:00. We headed to Epcot and it rained most of the night. Yesterday we spent the morning at MK and it wasn't bad but it started sprinkling on our way out around 12:30. We took the monorail to Epcot and when we got there you could tell it had rained a lot harder there. It kept raining off and on the rest of the afternoon. We left to head to the airport. I told my son I couldn't believe I was getting on a plane looking like I did! My tennis shoes were still wet and by that time I was just so done with it that I didn't even bother to change them!

The only part of the trip that the rain really impacted was the food and wine festival. Looking back, Saturday would have been the best for us weatherwise but we wanted to eat lunch at Biergarten and planned to eat at food and wine Monday night and Tuesday afternoon - both of which ended up raining. It was hard to get your food and finding a place to eat without getting wet - while wearing a poncho and carrying an umbrella! I hit my must do's on my list so I was happy about that but I wish I could have a do over!

Your Monday was the same as ours!!! We were in tusker house during the short rain and then bused it over to epcot! Haha we were standing by the door for the rain to stop and then left for epcot as soon as it did! I am glad we did most of the F&W before Monday, but we finished it out strong! We also did MK on Tuesday morning, leaving for the airport as that ominous cloud was moving in....so cool! Haha

We just got back. I think we are still drying out. I have never seen so much rain. I had to throw away two pairs of my shoes. We had fun despite the rain, but I am hoping for drier weather next time.

We arrived Sept 30. First two days were wet off and on. Today is absolutely gorgeous though. Weather reports for the days ahead look very promising.

We're stuck under a low here in Central Florida. Hence all the rain, which isn't typical weather this time of year. We've needed to mow our grass for a week now, but can't because it's almost a swamp.

The good news, it's supposed to be in the 60's Saturday morning, with a high in the mid 80's We don't get that kind of weather until late October, usually.

Sorry for those of you at Disney dealing with the weather, but at least you didn't have to go grocery shopping in it. Sadly, my family had to eat this week, so I was loading groceries in and out of the car on Tuesday in this mess.

That's how I felt with our trip in August. It was fun, but the heat was really extreme, really bad. And it rained a lot although not as bad as what people are describing on this thread. But our days were cut short most of the time.

Never say never, but I kind of came to conclusion unfortunately that we are going to avoid Florida from May to November from now on. :(

As you said, it's just too much money to get rained out or heated out. I can do that somewhere much cheaper that doesn't involve airfare!

Lol- we were at Disney the first week of August this year too- 2 shorter trips close together this time- the heat was unbearable. So we ruled out summer, now we've ruled out fall. We drive so winter months are too unpredictable and spring is out of the question due to work schedules- not sure if we're ever going to have a good time we can go again!

Lol- we were at Disney the first week of August this year too- 2 shorter trips close together this time- the heat was unbearable. So we ruled out summer, now we've ruled out fall. We drive so winter months are too unpredictable and spring is out of the question due to work schedules- not sure if we're ever going to have a good time we can go again!

I went the last week of July and the heat was extreme. But as I am a dialysis patient on an extreme fluid limitation (32 ounces max per day of any fluid which includes soup, ice cream, water in fruit, pasta, rice, etc.) I am allowed more if I sweat. And as I was sweating profusely I pretty much drank what I wanted and that was a nice treat! I am going back again in December. Not expecting the same. I normally go in December.

I think we would all take the intense heat over constant rain.

My heart breaks for all of my fellow WDW fans that have had to endure this.:sad1:

I think we would all take the intense heat over constant rain.

My heart breaks for all of my fellow WDW fans that have had to endure this.:sad1:

Today was dry, finally!! At least here at Universal.:(
We spent 5 days at WDW and then 2 days to give Universal a try- tomorrow we head home. I can say this- 2 days at Universal has taught me 1 thing for sure- I'll take the lousiest weather at WDW over sunshine at Universal any day of the week!!!

We have them an honest try- no more split trips. I found myself wanting to go back to Disney the entire time we were here!!!

Just back -- Thursday to Thursday .. this is approx my 15th trip and this was by far the most challenging weather I endured however not a show stopper deal breaker by any means. Only true "washout" was tuesday at F&W, but we managed and all the booths were open, around 5pm sun came out an illuminations was a go. Rain casualties included Boo To You on Sunday the 28th and Fantasmic on Monday the 29th.. Nothing that we let ruin the trip and we were able to do most rides twice !!

My gf and I have plans to go to Epcot tomorrow. But it seems its going to rain all morning and part of the afternoon. Not sure if I want to go or just go another weekend.......

I know, there is kind of no good time for us to go either anymore. Pulling the kids out of school is a pain now that they are older (just so much makeup work when we get back).

Summer weather absolutely stinks in Orlando. "Fall" isn't much better than summer (and when does fall really start in Orlando?...November?). The other weeks that the kids are off from school and the weather is good are really crowded AND really expensive.

Can't win! :)

I can say this- 2 days at Universal has taught me 1 thing for sure- I'll take the lousiest weather at WDW over sunshine at Universal any day of the week!!!

We have them an honest try- no more split trips. I found myself wanting to go back to Disney the entire time we were here!!!

Cakebaker...please expound on this. I'm dying to hear why you feel that way.popcorn::

Today was dry, finally!! At least here at Universal.:(
We spent 5 days at WDW and then 2 days to give Universal a try- tomorrow we head home. I can say this- 2 days at Universal has taught me 1 thing for sure- I'll take the lousiest weather at WDW over sunshine at Universal any day of the week!!!

That's a shame, the Universal parks are nice too--my family enjoys them.

Cakebaker...please expound on this. I'm dying to hear why you feel that way.popcorn::

Me too...?!!!

I suppose it's down to individual preference, ages of kids etc.....but I could never conceive of a trip JUST to WDW without paying homage to UO as well!!!!

Personally (no flames please!) I think the technology & theming at Universal has now far exceeded anything Disney has on offer!!

I know, there is kind of no good time for us to go either anymore. Pulling the kids out of school is a pain now that they are older (just so much makeup work when we get back).

Summer weather absolutely stinks in Orlando. "Fall" isn't much better than summer (and when does fall really start in Orlando?...November?). The other weeks that the kids are off from school and the weather is good are really crowded AND really expensive.

Can't win! :)

My DD is a junior and I try and find times in the fall where she is off school for a day two and plan around that..5 days in the Fall with cooler temps and less crowds is far better for getting things done than a week in Summer.:thumbsup2

For instance we leave in 28 days...Fly in on Nov 1st and arrive at MCO at 9:30am so we have all day really to enjoy our 1st day...Then she is off school on Mon Nov 3rd and Tues Nov 4th. I booked us to fly home on the 5th so she is only missing one day of school. She can handle one day of make up work.:thumbsup2 Not worth it in high school to pull her out for more. No matter how smart they are it is added stress for them too make up all that homework.

So we get our Disney fix for 5 day and she only misses one day.

Now we do like going right when school is out in May too.:yay: Depending on how bad snow days mess us up! Last day is supposed to be May 12th, but if we have a winter like last year??? Who knows??:sad2:

4 hrs into a 24hr drive home so plenty of time to expound.;)
Lets see...I HATED it!!! I know plenty of people love Universal and more power to them- glad they like it, wish I did.

Where do I start? Maybe the end is better - walking out of the park after a ridiculously early 5pm close time- the hawking of the photos was annoying. I was waiting for the rest of the group to meet up and so I got to hear it over and over- "get your photos here", " hey baby you know you want them" and various other takes on getting people to buy park pics was annoying and trashy.

But from the start: app says 8pm close on 1st day. We assume fireworks are a possibility. Due to the way we set up our schedule I considered only buying a 1 day ticket - busy myself with my grandson while everyone else got in rides he couldn't/I didn't want to ride. But I did want to see fireworks and since their Halloween party was our 2nd day, no fireworks. So I bought a 2 day. Oops- sign says they close at 7. Asked as we went in and honest to God, the gate attendant didnt know. Had to go to guest services and yup - their app was wrong. So I wasted money on a 2 day ticket. That started things off badly.

I am not a fan of what I call video rides- rides where basically you watch a 3d film while they toss you around on a seat. Seems like all I did was put on and take off 3d glasses. Its probably just me but those rides seem cheap to me and boring and repetitive.

The employees seemed bored at best, rude at worst. Watched one of them yell in a child's face because she stood up in the seat of the car she was riding in on the carousel - this was after letting the ride go the entire length. Sure the kid was wrong, it was dangerous. But what they would've done at Disney was stop the ride. And it's not their place to scream at her, unprofessional at the least.

It wasn't all bad- Harry Potter area was amazing. But that's the only good thing about it. Overall it had the feel of a cheap amusement park. Costumes for characters were cheap, dirty and worn. The kiddie park areas were worn- peeling paint, the cushioned floors were peeling and broken- just ugly.

We each purchased a daily meal
plan. Its a good deal IF you can find a place that
honors the drink portion. They close up the outdoor kiosks well before closing time so we were hunting for a bottled soft drink. Found 1 open kiosk, but they were out . They directed us to another one. Got there and they were beginning to shut down ( this was 4:30, 5:00 close time ). We told them we had need sent there because we were told they had cokes and the attendant said-" not anymore, we're closed."

Would've gone to guest services, but the line there was out the door, so that was a waste of money.

So, overall- why waste the time and money to
go there when Disney is right down the street . To each their own- but it sure doesn't fit us at all!

Couldn't decide which antenna topper to take home from our trip this week. Then I found the perfect one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter