• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here Now And Boy Is It Crowded!!!

Thanks for the reports Armadillo. We leave on Sunday. It sounds like things are finally returning to normal at Disney. What a relief!

Animal Kingdom today was AWESOME.... rain was in the forecast, but still has not come (it will but I think it kept lots of people away).

Longest line I saw for Everest today was 30 minutes, almost all day it was at 20. I rode it 3x.

Just a terrific day at that park.

Another thing that happened that was unheard of, is I was pushing my daughter in the stroller and she was telling me that Pocahontas was ahead, I thought she didn't know what I was talking about until we NEARLY ran her over! I can't say that EVER in a park that I have almost run over a character, there was no line for her! She was just hanging out!

Anyway, just wanted to post that AK was terrific today. SUCH A HUGE RELIEF that these crowds have lessened a bit!!!!

WE ARRIVED YESTERDAY TO THE BCV AND I AM SO SUPRISED AT HOW CROWDED MK WAS LAST NIGHT. IT WAS LIKE SUMMER CROWDED WHERE YOU SLOWLY WALK THRU THE CROWDS TO GET TO ONE OF THE LANDS. VERY SUPRISING!!!! DO YOU EXPERTS THINK IT WILL STAY THIS CROWDED. PEOPLE ARE STANDING ON THE BUSES CROWDED. VERY SUPRISED. I KNOW IT IS A HOLIDAY BUT I DIDN'T EXPECT IT FOR THE WHOLE WEEK. WILL IT GET ANY BETTER? JUST WONDERING!!!!:confused3

I was there 10/11 - 10/16 and did not think it crowded at all. Either the OP went to evening EMH at MK or Saturday night at MK; always a crowd disaster. I went to MK Monday (10/13) morning; didn't need to use FP. The only crowds I saw were TSManiacs.

I was there 10/11 - 10/16 and did not think it crowded at all. Either the OP went to evening EMH at MK or Saturday night at MK; always a crowd disaster. I went to MK Monday (10/13) morning; didn't need to use FP. The only crowds I saw were TSManiacs.

Is Saturday always a bad choice for MK? TP has it listed as a best day (Nov. 15) during my trip. We planned to go there that day but I have been wondering if that was really a good idea????? There are no EMHs that day and no MVMCP either but I'm still not sure about it, esp. after your post??? Any thoughts.......

Saturdays aren't bad normally. Saturday over a three day weekend is a little crazy. The crowds were really heavy the entire week though, not just Saturday.

I'm guessing crowds were light on 10/13 AM at MK bc MNSSHP was that night. I can tell you that was a MADHOUSE! It was sold out. Tues 10/14 at Epcot was crazy as well. That day was AM emhs, but it couldn't be helped. That was the day we had to do Epcot, unfortunately. SOmetimes the way things line up, I simply can't avoid emhs as much as I wish I could. Other than MNSSHP and that morning at Epcot we did ok. Tried to get there as early as possible, and worked the FPs. Fortunately our next trip is the last week of Jan. No holidays! I'm expecting it to be really slow.

Hey guys, we just got here a few hours ago. We had dinner in EPCOT and it was crowded but it's also Friday night and the Food & Wine Festival so I guess it should be expected. We're looking forward to Magic Kingdom tomorrow......my favorite park :)

I'm guessing crowds were light on 10/13 AM at MK bc MNSSHP was that night. I can tell you that was a MADHOUSE! It was sold out. Tues 10/14 at Epcot was crazy as well. That day was AM emhs, but it couldn't be helped. That was the day we had to do Epcot, unfortunately. SOmetimes the way things line up, I simply can't avoid emhs as much as I wish I could. Other than MNSSHP and that morning at Epcot we did ok. Tried to get there as early as possible, and worked the FPs. Fortunately our next trip is the last week of Jan. No holidays! I'm expecting it to be really slow.

Yep; good strategy to go to MK on a party night. I didn't realize MNSSHP was sold out. We also avoid EMH but went to evening EMH at AK after a Boma dinner on 10/15. It was empty; rode Everest 6x with barely any wait. It's a completely different ride in the dark.

Our next trip is Spring Break.:scared1:

A word of warning about early January - if you are there the same time as the marathon, there will be some crowds. I went the first week of Jan 3 times. THe first two times it was dead, but the third it was the weekend of the marathon and it was a noticeable difference. Not bad by any means, but definitely more crowds. It's manageable, but I just wanted to give you a heads up in case you were expecting it to be dead. If it ends up that you're going to be there during the marathon it might not be. But it's still a great time to go! Enjoy the Christmas decorations!

Was at DHS on Thursday, it was pretty crowded. We assumed because it was open later with 2 Fantasmic showings. We got to the fastpass at TSM around 9:40, got 12:15. When we returned around 12:30, they were gone (we heard that it had broken down for awhile). ToT had an 80 min wait around 1:00, rode RnR in single rider with about a 20 min wait. ToT wait time had gone down to 40 min but we still skipped it.

Was at MK today. With the rain forecast and on and off drizzle, crowds were low.

I'm guessing crowds were light on 10/13 AM at MK bc MNSSHP was that night. I can tell you that was a MADHOUSE! It was sold out.

MNSSHP was sold out on 10/13? Thanks for the info. We were there that night. It looked and felt sold out! Just curious, how did you find out that it was sold out? That would definitely explain why it felt so darn crowded. We have gone to about 4 xmas parties, 1 pirate and princess party, and this was our first MNSSHP. This was the most crowded party I have ever attended and sorry to say, while we had a great time, the other parties were more enjoyable because of the crowds at MNSSHP. During the other parties we attended, it was easier to get on some of the rides during the party, which made the price seem almost worth it. Not this time. Not in our case anyway. Usually World of Tomorrow is crowded. This time, Fronteir Land was an absolute mad house. I took my grandson and he loved it, we wouldn't have missed it, but I didn't think it was worth an extra $100 for the two of us.

Is Saturday always a bad choice for MK? TP has it listed as a best day (Nov. 15) during my trip. We planned to go there that day but I have been wondering if that was really a good idea????? There are no EMHs that day and no MVMCP either but I'm still not sure about it, esp. after your post??? Any thoughts.......

I think so. We always go to MK rope drop on Monday morning; MK has PM EMH Sunday night. I think it's a bonus if there is a MVMCP Monday evening because the park closes early and many don't want their MK day cut short. Crowds pick up around noon. We leave the park around 2. So, we hop over another evening to see Wishes.

Yep; good strategy to go to MK on a party night. I didn't realize MNSSHP was sold out. We also avoid EMH but went to evening EMH at AK after a Boma dinner on 10/15. It was empty; rode Everest 6x with barely any wait. It's a completely different ride in the dark.

Our next trip is Spring Break.:scared1:

Hey, ScarletFire! We were there at that PM EMH at AK. I agree with you on the crowd levels that night. I was pleasantly surprised.

The boys only went three times on EE. Standby time was 20 minutes the first time but after that, only 10 minute standby. Maybe we ran into you. ;)

Hey, ScarletFire! We were there at that PM EMH at AK. The boys only went three times on EE. Maybe we ran into you. ;)

Probably.:goodvibes Do they remember the kids that got stuck on the ride? We were next in line to board, the train before us had some technical difficulties. A car that contained two small (but tall enough) kids would not release the safety bars. They absolutely could not get out. The kids sat in the car about 10 minutes, it took lots of CM's to release them. I think someone went under the track and used a tool to release the bars. Needless to say, the train was taken off the track. It was actually entertaining but probably stressful for the trapped kids and their parents.

we are also here right now, leave tomorrow. with the exception of DHS yesterday the crowds have been very manageable

we even rode TSM 2x on weds
EE had a 15 minute wait in the afternoon

most wait times ranged from 5-20

We arrived today but are staying at Nick tonught and checking into OKW tom. Nick is packed. I will be very happy to get out of here tom. and to OKW where the energy level is more relaxed. I will try to do some live updates on crowd levels when I'm there.

leaving tomorrow for the World. I will try to check in each night. Doing MNNSHP on Tues. Keeping fingers crossed that crowds will be light!

Here now with a little update on crowds. We moved from Nick to OKW today. We checked in early but our rooms where not available until 4p.m. We left Nick at 11a.m. and went right to DHS and I really thought we were in trouble when we got there and the baggage check line was vey long but actually once we got in we had a great time. We went to RNRC and got a fastpass for 2:50 p.m. then went to TOT and had about a 20min wait then over to Little Mermaid for about a 5 min. wait. Then to Great Movie Ride for about a 10 min wait then over to TOT again for another 20 min wait. Snack and was time for RNRC. Fastpass took aobut 10min. We then went back to hotel to drop our stuff off and dinner at WCC. Which was good food but ressies were at 5:20 and got in at 5:40 but didn't get done until 7:40. We went back to DHS for Fantasmic and one last ride on TOT and RNRC. TOT was no wait and got fastpasses for RNRC for 1015p.m. We had a great day with little wait. Forgot we did do HSM3 at 1p.m. The only disappointment was we were unable to get on TSM 60min. wait. All in All crowds were manageable and very little wait time. Epcot tomorrow with another crowd update.

Just got in from EMH at DHS. We got there right before 9. Line for 2nd Fantasmic was wrapped down the street and around the corner. We went for a walk, got popcorn and went in. We sat in the next to last section. Last section was empty, ours was half filled. The rest was packed!

After the show we got fastpasses for TOT(10:20 return). We went to Star Tours(no wait),went to grab something to eat(no wait), then to TOT. We walked right on. Standby line was out the door and around the building. The boiler room was backed up to the rooms. It moved pretty quickly- all elevators were running. Walked by RNRc. Standby was listed as 50 min wait around 11:00. We decided to go to TSM. Standby wait was listed at 50 mins but it took us about 30 mins to get through. The entire que was in use and we started just inside the door. They were loading quickly!

We are going to Epcot tomorrow too! Lets hope its a quiet day there.

OH- We are at POP. It is PACKED! The parking area in the 50s is filled. Parking is at a premium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter