• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here now (9/1/18) and wow its low crowds!

We just got back on Friday and the crowds were really low. Only long lines were Slinky and FoP really.

We were there from the 16th- 26th, and crowds weren't quite that low but manageable!

We did TSL attractions in about one hour (SSD FP+), and waited about 20 minutes for Na'vi river journey one day!

August / early September is a really great time to go.

We leave Saturday for a week. Hoping for ghost towns. Just added Hopper since I was able to get my FP so early each day and one right after another.

We went Labor Day week for our 2015 trip and could not believe how non-existent the crowds were. We did everything we wanted to do at least once and a lot of them multiple times. We were honestly running out of attractions by the end of the week, even despite doing all TS meals. We've got a trip booked for this time next year on the basis of our last trip being so low-crowd, so I'm really pleased to hear that the trend is holding out despite the earlier starts for Food and Wine and MNSSHP.

Yeah, i'd seriously love to be able to go in September, but the heat and humidity are just too much for my arthritic bones. It's a little more crowded the week after Thanksgiving, but the weather is 100x more comfortable.

This thread is making me happy. I leave in 8 days (9/14 - 9/19) and I am hoping for lower(ish) crowds. A little nervous about Florence, but we will make do!

I would not worry about Florence, many models take it out to sea. This week is the lowest crowds, the week after Labor Day. Someone posted on fb they waited 15 mins. for Soarin. They also said FOP was a half hour!!!!! We were there in Aug and wait time never went below 90 for FOP.

We've been at the end of August/beginning of September before and it was definitely the lowest crowds we have experienced. Enjoy!

September and early October are probably my favorite times to visit. I guess it helps not having kids' back-to-school to plan for!

Fingers crossed these lower crowd levels hold up...We arrive September 13th and yes, Florence please go out to sea!

I would not worry about Florence, many models take it out to sea. This week is the lowest crowds, the week after Labor Day. Someone posted on fb they waited 15 mins. for Soarin. They also said FOP was a half hour!!!!! We were there in Aug and wait time never went below 90 for FOP.

I've been watching the App this week since headed there in a few days. FoP has been dropping to 45-50 in the afternoon all week before rebounding a bit later in the evening. Mid afternoon today for a while the wait was shorter than for Navi lol. Soarin' has been a piece of cake - 10-20 min most of the time every day. Test Track has had much longer lines on and off, although still only ~30 at times. Mine Train seems normally busy, although maybe expected since MNSSHP would be compressing the normal MK crowds a bit.

If you can take the heat, late August is a good time to go.

First week of Sept is even slower. The wait times this week have been the absolute lowest I have seen, much lower than late Aug. Late Aug also has all the people from the Northeast, midwest, U.K. and Canada taking end of summer trips. If you can swing it, the week following Labor Day is dead. You just have to deal with heat, rain, possible hurricanes and more heat. LOL!

The crowds were fantastic at Epcot today.

It was only our 1st day of the trip but I expected the heat to be worse. I was at Cedar Point in Ohio when it was 84 a couple weeks ago. That was far worse. I sweated a lot there and not much today. Epcot had shade, clouds and we were in/out of air conditioning. I know Animal Kingsom will be worse but I was pleasantly surprised. The sun is certainly more intense.

Magic Kingdom was very manageable.Went to MK right after arriving to resort. At 635, I used a Haunted Mansion FP to save the walk thru the s/b que. Snack from Friars Nook. Walked into Buzz without stopping at 7:30. Small World same before 7. I used my Peter Pan FP right after Haunted but didn’t look at the standby time. Pirates was literally “keep walking thru the entire que right into the boat” at 8:10. Walked over to hub right as HEA started at 8:29 and got a great spot. Ran to 7Dwarfs at 8:53. Posted wait 25 minutes. Waited about 10! Park closed at 9. Waited a few minutes for the bus. The longest wait that I had today was in the food court at 10pm waiting for dinner.

Waits have been pretty low.

Longest we’ve dealt with was a 30 min wait to ride Frozen midday another time in Wednesday. This felt like an eternity to my young kids, but a welcome break from the heat to us. Second longest wait was, oddly, the FP line at Spaceship Earth. Meeting Anna and Elsa said it would take 15 minutes, but we got right in and I felt like they took extra time chatting. Soarin’ was a walk on in the morning.

We didn’t get to AK early enough yesterday so we skipped Navi because it was a consistent 60 min wait whenever we checked, pretty much on par with FOP wait time. Tried refreshing for FP for Navi but no luck there. Everest was down temporarily and caused a big crowd for those waiting to get back on, but once it was up and running they moved everyone through quickly. Hi

It hasn’t *felt* uncrowded, even though wait times have been fine. Walkways are still fairly busy. And the GF crowd seems pretty active — or it’s just a lot of people spending more time at the pools due to the heat.

And it’s hot. You know it’s hot when your little kids ask to leave the park to go to the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter