• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here now 12/4 and HOT!

Skip3key

Mouseketeer
And after reading the boards I took all jeans, a few t-shirts, mostly long sleeve t's and a jacket... And I am so hot!! Actually ran to Walmart 4 miles from the park to buy shorts today! It's cool enough for jeans and light jacket in the morning until like 10... Then it's tshirt and short weather until 6... Then cool for a few hours, and pretty chilly by 10pm. Weather is fantastic, it's more crowded then I anticipated, but it seems there is a very high percentage of wheelchairs/ motorized scooters and lots of cheerleaders... But most of the ride times are minimal! Yes, there is lots of swimming going on...

Staying at Wilderness Lodge Club level, and its amazing, and did the EPCOT Segway tour this morning and it was great... Planning to write a detailed trip report!!

Great to hear! We'll be leaving tomorrow and was hoping we could get some swimming in, Jersey's been getting colder and colder!!

Great to hear! We'll be leaving tomorrow and was hoping we could get some swimming in, Jersey's been getting colder and colder!!

We leave tomorrow too from Jersey! Today is pretty nice though - mid 60's! Of course I'm looking forward to the weather down there but my relatives who are down in Boca say they're freezing, lol.

Yeah the past two days have actually been nice, but definitely ready for some warm Florida sun! Bathing suits and tank tops shall be packed!

And after reading the boards I took all jeans, a few t-shirts, mostly long sleeve t's and a jacket... And I am so hot!! Actually ran to Walmart 4 miles from the park to buy shorts today! It's cool enough for jeans and light jacket in the morning until like 10... Then it's tshirt and short weather until 6... Then cool for a few hours, and pretty chilly by 10pm. Weather is fantastic, it's more crowded then I anticipated, but it seems there is a very high percentage of wheelchairs/ motorized scooters and lots of cheerleaders... But most of the ride times are minimal! Yes, there is lots of swimming going on...

Staying at Wilderness Lodge Club level, and its amazing, and did the EPCOT Segway tour this morning and it was great... Planning to write a detailed trip report!!

Can't wait to hear about the Segway tour, it's one I really want to go on. It's much hotter here (live in Iowa) than normal. Reached 60 degrees yesterday, for December! I am not surprised it's hot down there. Have a great trip :yay:

This happened to us last year in December. Had to go to Walmart to buy DD more summer clothes. Now I have lots of everything packed for tomorrow! Good thing the first bag flies free on Jet Blue!

We fly Dec 6th and have had mixed weather in previous years. Packing for cold and hot, just in case. I always say we can buy whatever else we need. Enjoy.:thumbsup2

Good to know! We arrive the evening of the 6th (2 more days!!) and I am so perplexed on what types of clothes to pack. Sounds like we really are going to need a variety of ALL types of clothing. But, I can't complain, it is chilly and wet up here in Seattle right now :)

Temperatures are so subjective. I've been here all week and have been very comfortable in jeans and a long-sleeved tee. A light jacket in the evenings. The temperature is nice, but I wouldn't call it hot. But then again, I'm used to coming in July. THAT is hot!

OP, bummer that you had to go out and buy shorts! After several trips, I always pack at least one of everything.

I had the opposite problem one year - during an eleven-day trip in October once, we had mid-to-upper-90s for several days, followed by a cold front. I had packed almost all shorts, sleeveless tops, and sandals. Not only did it get pretty cold, it was really windy, too, which tends to cut right through you and make it seem even colder. I spent a couple of hours at Epcot one day trying to find warm socks (nearly impossible in October!) to wear under my yoga pants. Finally found some interesting socks at the Japan pavilion -- they were the kind of socks that have a split toe, like you wear with traditional Japanese flip-flop type shoes - but at least they went up to mid-calf! Spent $12 on socks I would never wear again, but I was so happy to find them!

So now I pack at least one of everything, even if I think there's just no way I would need it. You never know - you might need warm clothes in early October!

I totally agree about it being hot right now. Got in yesterday and was sweating. But then again, I'm from Wisconsin and its not 80 in December. The nights are cooler which is great but I'll agree with OP. and I did not bring any shorts. Bummer

You can all thank me for guaranteeing warm weather. I went out today and spent money on new gloves and handwarmers for our trip! :lmao:

That is the crazy thing about FL weather. You really have to look at the forcast a few days before you leave and pack accordingly. What one person thinks is cold at 68...another would think its hot. When we travel in the winter months, we just pack a bit of everything. On our Dec 2006 trip, we never got out of shorts...but all the CM's were wearing heavy coats (that went with their costumes). We thought that was so funny. On our Nov 2005 trip, we wore everything from shorts, jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, coats and even gloves. It was a crazy all over the place weather 10 day trip!
It has been unseasonably warm here in VA too. We have had temps in the lower 70's for the past two days...so nice!

As a December veteran....LAYERS! It's the only way to make it work without packing your entire wardrobe! And it can change within a few hours! I layer long sleeve t's under short sleeve, sometimes with a sweater on top...that way I can peel if the situation warrants. :lmao:

It's definitely not hot right now,this is like average December weather,this time of year it can get up into the mid 80's or the highs can drop into the 50's so highs in the 70's or even close to 80 are pretty much near normal.That's the thing about Florida in the winter it can be downright warm to freezing,sometimes within days of each other.

Yes, lots of cheerleaders... it's Pop Warner week. Expect there to be more and more as the week goes on and teams are eliminated as the competition goes on.

I am packing for next week also!! Super excited! I am taking short sleeves, long sleeves, shorts, and pants. I think I will be changing back and forth during the day. It is very hard for me to get hot. When we went September 2010, it was about 95 degrees out, and I wasn't hot. I could wear a sweater in 80 degrees and I would be happy. Unfortunately for me, my DH can never get cool. He won't pack a pair of pants. As long as it is above 40 degrees, it will be all shorts for him.

After living down there for a year and a half and now going down for the fourth year in a row in December, I go down packing for everything. I bring a light jacket for the evenings, a few pairs of pants for night (or if they get a chilly day or two) and shorts. I remember going in 2010 I think I wore shorts one day of the seven and a winter jacket multiple days. Last year was absolutely beautiful. Early forecast looks like this year will be like last year.

Here now as well and it is hot. Only brought long pants and feeling it during the day. Comfortable at night too but not getting a chance to wear our new Mickey fleece hoodies we bought for the trip. Crowds this week are insane. We've been this time of the the year before and never had crowds like this. Love the New Fantasyland and Be Our Guest. EPCOT tomorrow hoping for a Test Track soft opening. Scooters and strollers are out of control been run over about a half dozen times. Have never seen as many rude people as we have this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter