Here Now - 12/31/18

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
Couple of different threads going on, but I’ll start one too.

Granted the calm before the storm at Epcot - and ride lines in Future World are pretty stout - but things are quite pleasant around World Showcase. Not for long though. :-)

CFC60BC4-C7C6-4B3A-AD1B-E49CEE264287.jpeg

If you’re at WDW, how’s your day going?

Couple of different threads going on, but I’ll start one too.

Granted the calm before the storm at Epcot - and ride lines in Future World are pretty stout - but things are quite pleasant around World Showcase. Not for long though. :-)

View attachment 372544

If you’re at WDW, how’s your day going?

Gone are the days of soaring reaching a 5 hour wait I assume?

We have a reservation for Via Napoli at 7:15pm. We’re currently holed up in our room watching The Twilight Zone Marathon (and I’m watching attraction wait times grow). :crazy:

Funny sign, guess some folks think it would be a good viewing area. :-)

View attachment 372555

No words :rotfl2:

Got to DHS before opening to get car parked mostly - avoiding Epcot lot or exits.

FP+ StarTours we booked last week and today picked up Alien and RnR for this afternoon. Standby we did ToT, Muppets, Indiana Jones.

Lunch at 50’s Prime and now having beer flights at Baseline in lieu of attraction. Some lines are quite manageable.

Crowds lighter than most other days until last hour or so. I’ve actually never seen TSL so “empty”.

After RnR we head to Epcot. Walking. Then easy walk back to car and DHS with its wide exit straight out. :thumbsup2

AND WEATHER IS GLORIOUS considering our last week at beach been mostly wet.

Last edited:
Checked into Poly @ 6AM. Received bad CM info that boats were running to MK. They weren't...Got on monorail & @ MK @ 6:45AM.

EMH crowds were no worse than late October. Off Snow White ride @ 7:12.
Rode following rides by 11AM:
Snow White
Pooh
Little Mermaid
Buzz
Jingle cruise
Pirates
Big thunder x's 2 (fp+)
Space mountain (fp+)

When we return to the park later this afternoon , we have reserved parade, Peter Pan & Haunted Mansion FP+. Probably shop a bit, tiki room, refresh to see if we can pick up anything else on FP+.

As we ate lunch at Tony's (super surprisingly excellent), we watched what appeared to be thousands of guests arrive between 11:15-Noon. Prior to 11, crowds were low.

No wait for a Grey Goose slushy at 2:30pm, if anyone is curious. ;-)

Actually things are filling in, but cart and kiosk lines seem quite low. In some ways it’s better than a Oct F&W Saturday (at this particular moment in time).

We just finished all the Kidcot stations with no material waits at any of them. I will be sad when my kids outgrow this phase.

As with anything on days like this, YMMV!

No wait for a Grey Goose slushy at 2:30pm, if anyone is curious. ;-)

Actually things are filling in, but cart and kiosk lines seem quite low. In some ways it’s better than a Oct F&W Saturday (at this particular moment in time).

We just finished all the Kidcot stations with no material waits at any of them. I will be sad when my kids outgrow this phase.

As with anything on days like this, YMMV!
thanks for the update on drinks and food kiosks

I love a Grey Goose slushy!

My sister is in Epcot with her family and some friends. I texted her to see how things were going but haven't heard back - I figure no news is good news! She's done MK on New Year's Eve but never Epcot.

Someday, I'd love to do a holiday/New Year's trip so I love to follow these threads!

ETA: Just heard back from my sister! They're having a blast. They've been doing rides and planning on going into the World Showcase around 7pm.

Last edited:
We did HS this afternoon and are in the room at Boardwalk for a break right now. Planning on heading into Epcot around 6pm.

HS was pretty busy but we had FPs so did those and had lunch. Going to try and do dinner at Epcot but no reservations so that should be interesting.

What time do the DJs start?

Last year we left Epcot via monorail 2-2:30ish and the traffic heading into Epcot was epic.

This year when we went by at 3:40pm it was just a trickle.

Don’t get me wrong - a ton of people in the park. I’d stay, but my kids are too young to brave staying the whole night. Someday.

Good luck Epcot folks!

MK auto traffic view from the monorail did not look fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter