• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here niw where else can i nurse?

Disney*Dreamer

DIS Veteran
Here is only 1 baby care center in each park. Usually nowhere near me, and today I am at the studios and they only have 2 rooms and they're both take. Don't even get me started on that. There was a man and woman in one eating with their baby in their stroller! Honestly I am very disappointed there are more places for smokers than nursing babies. Crazy. Help! I do not like nursing in front if people. My son will not cover I do not and can not pump. What do I do. I will not nurse in the bathroom unless there is a real chair. He is easily distracted so anywhere loud will not work. Tia.

Pirates of the Caribbean ride? :) OK that's not at DHS.

If you're in the baby center and there are people using an area for feeding babies and are feeding themselves instead, speak up!

i totally agree with you! I think they should have more places to nurse! I would go to the Art of Animation area. If you go past the turnstiles there is a small garden like area with seating but the crowds i've never seen go that way, they walk right by it. then go find a spot in the back and face that way. Maybe also look for a bench on the streets of America. Good luck!!!

In addition to the baby center, mothers may nurse anywhere in the park. No one will ask nursing mothers to stop or move. Good spots in Disney-Hollywood Studios include restaurants (especially Toy Story Pizza Planet and the ABC Commissary) or even noisy attractions with lots of action, such as the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular or Lights Motors Action.

Here is only 1 baby care center in each park. Usually nowhere near me, and today I am at the studios and they only have 2 rooms and they're both take. Don't even get me started on that. There was a man and woman in one eating with their baby in their stroller! Honestly I am very disappointed there are more places for smokers than nursing babies. Crazy. Help! I do not like nursing in front if people. My son will not cover I do not and can not pump. What do I do. I will not nurse in the bathroom unless there is a real chair. He is easily distracted so anywhere loud will not work. Tia.

Find a quiet bench and do it there. Go in the Great Movie Ride and sit in the back row and nurse him there. In the Muppet Movie Show. Nurse him at a table in a Quick Service Restaurant, find a table near a corner and face the wall. Don't worry about what other people think.

I would have said something but there wasn't a cm in there. The ones outside there had a line and were busy.

If you carry your little one in a sling, you should be able to nurse just about anywhere. But not sure how to limit distractions, had one of those also way to easily distraced ;)

Good luck.

glad to hear you found some spots to nurse... sci fi what a great one, i should have thought of that! my DD was easily distracted too. we are still nursing now and going to wdw in 2 weeks, but she is weaning so i'm not sure what to do. i think this trip will help the weaning process as she will be too distracted to want to nurse.

You can nurse on just about any ride there is. I nursed everywhere when we went last year and our baby was 4 months old and then again this year when he was 18 months. Of course I don't mind nursing in front of anyone, babies have to eat too.....so it was easier not having to find a place to hide. I would definitely suggest the rides though, most are fairly dark. If you're a baby wearer that makes it easier too....I nursed my little one while wearing him, saved time instead of having to sit and wait for him to be done. :thumbsup2 Good luck!

Anywhere you feel comfortable. :)

I nursed on POTC, multiple benches, in restaurants, in line, watching shows, etc, etc.

FWIW not everyone can nurse while wearing the baby. I was able to do it exactly twice. First time was in the house and I was wearing shorts and a bra plus the sling. Second time was in the Moby, he was upright and we were walking, and the whole top of my chest was exposed. We just didn't have the right body/head types to be able to nurse while I wore proper clothes.

Because I was always open about this and got lots of feedback that I wasn't alone, I don't want ANYONE to think that there's something wrong with them if they can't nurse while babywearing.

Yeah, I have nursed him in the sling. But he is 12 months now and about to big. Plus it is so hot here he just sweets to pieces I. The sling. And like I said he will not cover his head so the sling doesn't help anymore. I didn't even bring my Moby just to hot down here for it.

Any show is a good place. I remember plopping down on the ground somewhere around the animation building (I think I did both inside and outside at various points). I was another who couldn't get the hang of nursing standing up/walking, but sitting "criss-cross applesauce" was great!

I only tried the baby care center once (for nursing) and my son was way more distracted there than anywhere else. Plus, I was totally creeped out being in a room all by myself.

FWIW not everyone can nurse while wearing the baby. I was able to do it exactly twice. First time was in the house and I was wearing shorts and a bra plus the sling. Second time was in the Moby, he was upright and we were walking, and the whole top of my chest was exposed. We just didn't have the right body/head types to be able to nurse while I wore proper clothes.

Because I was always open about this and got lots of feedback that I wasn't alone, I don't want ANYONE to think that there's something wrong with them if they can't nurse while babywearing.

Me too! It was so frustrating for me! I tried in my Moby, my ring sling, and my Beco Gemini. No luck with any of them.

I always just found a spot and sat. Someone mentioned criss-cross which was often most comfy for me too. I had a cover, but usually I just lifted my shirt and so it covered everything on its own.

My LO was 7 months old when we took him and I loved our nursing breaks. He will be 22 months when we go back, so I know our trip will be completely different. He self-weaned at 18 months, so no nursing. Also, he spent way more time in my Beco than the stroller last time, and I know he won't want to be worn that much this time.

I didn't use the baby care centers since it was a lot easier for me to nurse wherever, but I understand some people aren't comfortable with that. I also never used a cover and it's not like people could see anything. I would nurse with my shirt pulled up to the baby's cheek and kept my hand on it since toddlers like to play around! That way, I was covered enough for my comfort.

I did see the coolest thing at Disney once - a woman was nursing with her breasts completely out and people were walking around her and her friends talking to her and no one cared. They were speaking a different language and appeared to be from a different country. Though I prefer to not have my breasts hanging out, I thought it was really cool that some other cultures don't care at all.

I have nursed at Disney with nurslings of many different ages and it was never a big deal and I never had a single negative experience/comment. If you're not comfortable with finding a bench, then there's lots of rides that are good places to nurse.

Changing rooms in the stores that sell clothing -- tel the C.M. first. They were always very supportive of me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter