Here it is!!!

Rland8228

DIS Veteran
So today was supposed to be the day we were leaving with the Pop up behind the van, but DH had to go out and find a new toy that he wanted. We were going to take it out this weekend but the truck needs new gaskets :(. Always something. So we have booked for the week before Halloween. We are still trying to make a decision between then or the last week in August.

The inside:

My Favorite part :)

The Kids area :

And the wonderful tow vechile, that we bought from a mom and pop dealership, was told it had just been inspected great truck! Yeah until we took it to our mechanic in Oxford and it needed 1900.00 worth of work and now new gaskets! Lord help me :)

Guess we will hopefully take it out soon. I just am not sure if I can wait 177 days to get down to the Fort!

Congratulations on the new rig. The truck side stinks, but sometimes its better to get a pre purchase inspection on a vehicle from an independent. Hopefully that will be the last of your worries on the tow vehicle and you can enjoy the new trailer.

I hope your rescheduled vacation goes without a problem and you get to enjoy the trailer some between now and the trip! I bought from Stoltzfus as well, I hope they treated you well as my experience with them went smooth overall as they overcame all the little things in a short amount of time since I came up from 4 hours away and had to bring the bus I was trading in plus my tow vehicle.

Congrats, Nice looking camper, sorry about the truck. I hate it when camping plans get ruined, we were supposed to go last weekend but my wife was recovering from gall bladder surgery so we had to cancel, we have another one planned in a couple weeks.

Congratulations on the new rig. The truck side stinks, but sometimes its better to get a pre purchase inspection on a vehicle from an independent. Hopefully that will be the last of your worries on the tow vehicle and you can enjoy the new trailer.

I hope your rescheduled vacation goes without a problem and you get to enjoy the trailer some between now and the trip! I bought from Stoltzfus as well, I hope they treated you well as my experience with them went smooth overall as they overcame all the little things in a short amount of time since I came up from 4 hours away and had to bring the bus I was trading in plus my tow vehicle.

I should have posed that it was not from Stoltzfus, we live right down the road from them, and my father worked there for 15+ years. They are like family, but we had purchased two units from them before this one. They are great people! Who did you purchase from?

Congrats, Nice looking camper, sorry about the truck. I hate it when camping plans get ruined, we were supposed to go last weekend but my wife was recovering from gall bladder surgery so we had to cancel, we have another one planned in a couple weeks.

Jeepin Dad, I hope your wife is doing better. Its the worst we planned since we had to push back that we would go to Jellystone this weekend in quaryville or Lake in wood (don't know if you have been to either). But now it looks like the backyard lol.

I should have posed that it was not from Stoltzfus, we live right down the road from them, and my father worked there for 15+ years. They are like family, but we had purchased two units from them before this one. They are great people! Who did you purchase from?

I saw the bag and assumed. Bud was my sales guy and I made him work hard for the deal both at the Hershey show and afterwards. Wes was great to work with for finance and actually managed to better the rate I found through my own banks. Fish did the PDI with me and was super attentive, the 3 items I found on the trailer day one where fixed by the time I finished the paperwork and got started moving. They installed my hitch and other then one issue that they remedied as soon as I pointed it out, I was happy with the experience. I have to bring the rig back for warentee work, I tried before the start of my season but every weekend I was free it snowed and I just did not want to tow in that.

Jeepin Dad, I hope your wife is doing better. Its the worst we planned since we had to push back that we would go to Jellystone this weekend in quaryville or Lake in wood (don't know if you have been to either). But now it looks like the backyard lol.

Never been to those we usually camp at state parks, since they are a little less expensive and normally a little quieter then the private campgrounds. If we do go to a private campground it is usually either Twin Grove Campground, Northeast of Hershey off of I-81, or the West Chester KOA.

My wife is doing better and she should be fine in time for our Mothers Day weekend to trip to Susquehanna State Park just over the MD border on the other side of the river.

Hopefully you can get out camping soon, maybe we'll run into each other at some point.

I saw the bag and assumed. Bud was my sales guy and I made him work hard for the deal both at the Hershey show and afterwards. Wes was great to work with for finance and actually managed to better the rate I found through my own banks. Fish did the PDI with me and was super attentive, the 3 items I found on the trailer day one where fixed by the time I finished the paperwork and got started moving. They installed my hitch and other then one issue that they remedied as soon as I pointed it out, I was happy with the experience. I have to bring the rig back for warentee work, I tried before the start of my season but every weekend I was free it snowed and I just did not want to tow in that.

Yeah we just bought are water hose and water pressure from them. Wes is great with financing and fish is actually related to my mechanic he is great. We were going to by from the Hershey show last year and did not. We actually have to make an appointment to have the trailer Inspected since we bought it in DE.

Never been to those we usually camp at state parks, since they are a little less expensive and normally a little quieter then the private campgrounds. If we do go to a private campground it is usually either Twin Grove Campground, Northeast of Hershey off of I-81, or the West Chester KOA. My wife is doing better and she should be fine in time for our Mothers Day weekend to trip to Susquehanna State Park just over the MD border on the other side of the river. Hopefully you can get out camping soon, maybe we'll run into each other at some point.

West chester KOA are great people. When my dad was not working at the dealership he was doing road calls for his business, and worked there a lot. When my parents were separated my mom and I stayed in our camper over the summer there.

I would like to try some state parks let me know which ones you like and maybe I'll try them out! You never know we might bump into each other one day!

Yeah we just bought are water hose and water pressure from them. Wes is great with financing and fish is actually related to my mechanic he is great. We were going to by from the Hershey show last year and did not. We actually have to make an appointment to have the trailer Inspected since we bought it in DE.

Always a small world when you look into it. My only saving grace is not needing to run 8 hours on the road, I have good friends nearby in downingtown. So when I do have a break to get the rig in for warentee work I have a place to rest and a reason to stop and visit.

Looks really good. Sorry to hear about the other vehicle issues.

I would like to try some state parks let me know which ones you like and maybe I'll try them out! You never know we might bump into each other one day!

Our two current favorite PA State Parks are Little Pine near Williamsport and Pine Grove Furnace north of Gettysburg. Others we like are Ohiopyle, Gifford Pinchot, Prince Galitzin and French Creek. We also like Elk Neck in North East MD.

Awesome! Nothing like the feel of a new trailer (new to you) I love my trailer, it's my mini home, 39' lol, but mini to me ;)

Sweet!!

I'm with you on the truck side of it. I bought a 2011 F150 back in September. Before I looked at any trucks I told the dealer what I wanted it for. Towing a travel trailer. We didn't have the trailer yet, but I knew I wanted a truck that could tow upwards of 9-10,000 lbs just to be safe. So we ended up with the F150 Ecoboost. Only thing it didn't have was the trailer break control. Sales guy said it was wired for one, just needed to buy it.

We'll I finally got around to getting on on ebay a few weeks ago. Got a good deal on it from another Ford dealership. I installed it with a buddy of mine (though it only took like 10 minutes) and just needed to go to Ford to have it activated. Took it in last week. Got it activated. Tested just fine on the dash reading, but apparently the wrong 7 pin/ 4 pin harness was installed at the back of the truck and if I plug the trailer in (we now have a 2001 30' Sunline Solaris) it won't work the brakes, only the lights. GRRRRRR So I had to have a new harness ordered. Should be in this coming week. Service guy said it should be fine now unless the wire to work the brakes wasn't run from the front to the back. Wont know until they put the new harness in. GRRRRRRR

Bummer on the truck, but love the "new to you" camper! We have a Outback 250RS (essentially same setup) with that rear slide and couldn't be happier! Less length to tow and park, but opens right up once we're there! Enjoy the new toy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter