• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here is what stress eating can do! (Long)

tlgoblue

Thankful for Family
So my wish friends, I have been so absent and I really need you.
I was within 10 pounds of goal when last I visited. I am now back up to 153! I never thought I'd see 145 again, much less 150! I am so angry with myself but also forgiving myself, too. I went to LV in mid July a svelt 138. I wore my "Harry Potter" dress, a tiny skin tight tube style shimmerung silver/black thing, with my black leather thigh high boots. Man I looked great if I do say so myself. We had a fantastic time. I only gained 2 pounds while I was there and thought I would lose it all as water.

Then it happened. My DH got his job performance review. (I must begin by saying that his previous review wasn't exactly glowing, but his boss was largely absent and despite his co-workers, input, didn't feel DH had performed above bar. At that moment, I began planning our exit strategy, should this turn into a trend.) We couldn't wait to get home as DH had nothing but glowing reviews from co-workers and clients, and had even been recognised by upper management for outstanding work. We were also healing from a family loss. (We had to get rid of our beautiful doggy, as he began biting people. :confused: :( ) But upon our return we were to pick up a brand new puppy to help with the pain. Life looked good.

When DH came home form work on Monday after our trip, his first words were "Are you ready to move?" His boss gave him an average performance review and a 1.2% raise! Talk about a kick in the gut! He decided to call him on it and after asking what he based his review on, his boss told him he was overpaid, and was nothing special and anyone else could do his job. When pressed about the raise, his boss tolld him "I did that because I can."

Where do you go with that? He took his review to a few of the upper management who had previously been singing his praises, and was told they would try to do something about it. Weeks went by and nothing. DH asked about it and was told he would be reassessed in 3 months, after he had been given a "list of objectives" from his boss. Talk about a slap in the face!

Needless to say, we have been financially strapped, as gas, food, and housing costs continue to skyrocket, and our income has effectively been cut by about 10% when you figure in the increased costs, and decreased coverage of benefits, and the like.

So, DH started looking for a job, and within 3 weeks had an offer for almost 40% more than he is currently making. (Overpaid?!?!)
He has accepted the offer, but it means moving to the West Coast. (You all know I was hoping for the East Coast, but can't have everything) So now even more stress, as they paid him an incentive to start right away, so he leaves next Monday! That leaves me with selling the house and getting ready to move, while he lives in a hotel out there until we either sell or give the house away. Housing out there is about 2.5 times what it is here and it only goes up, while housing prices here are declining, so we really can't afford to "Wait for our price." Even with the nice salary increase, we will be making more of a lateral move, financially, but his job is a more senior position, which is great and there are many more jobs out there in his field then there are here, so it is a good move.

Anyway, I have been eating all the wrong foods. Lots of comfort foods, and lots of cocktails. I'm hoping that when DH leaves, I will be able to carve out some time to get back to the gym and have a bit more control over what is brought into the house. My clothes are tighter, and I just don't look good. I look tired and worried and angry, all of which are true. I am worried about him, as he has gained too and his diabetes is not being controlled very well. His doc says it is all stress and once the transition is complete, he will be seeing much better numbers, but it could get worse before it gets better.

I will be stopping in for lots of support, as I will probably not sleep much or be very cheerful. I may or may not resume my health eating habits, but I know I am much more likely to do so with your support, so please be patient with me.

Sorry so long, but I needed to let you all know why I have not been around, and hope you have some pixie dust for us.

Still Keeping the Faith!
Tracy

:hug: Tracy. In your own words, keep the faith ... it will all be OK. Now, about that unhealthy eating ... I'm right there with ya my friend. It's not that I'm doing really bad things, it's just that I'm not doing all the really good things I'd done in the past :rolleyes: So, let's begin with a couple of baby steps, 'cause after all, you ARE under a great deal of stress, and you don't want to get yourself in way too deep. How's this for a starting plan:

1) get rid of the junk in the house, if there is any. If there are foods that you will "eat the whole darned bag" if opened, stomp on that bag until it's nothing but crumbs, and smile when you throw it in the garbage :teeth:

2) drink your water ... make yourself do this. When you want to eat something when you know that you really aren't hungry, pour yourself a great big glass of H20 !

3) make some time for YOU ... be it the gym, or a 45 minute brisk walk 4 days a week. I know that "life" often interferes with this time, but you need to "pay yourself first" when selling off your available time.

Try these first. Once your head is back in the right place, you can then think about journalling. Oh, and I'd pack the scale first thing. You don't need to see those numbers for a while. Concentrate on you (and DH), not some silly numbers on a scale.

And here's some PD coming your way! :wizard:

Mary-Liz

tlgoblue - Good luck with everything! Hopefully things will calm down soon. Maybe you and your husband could do your own challenges while you are apart and check in with each other. Between his diabetes (yes, it's likely the stress, but extra good eating wouldn't hurt) and your being unhappy with your weight, maybe you can challenge each other.

We're all here for you for support too. Good Luck!

and, I just have to say....GO BLUE !!!!

Tracy ((((HUGS)))) there has been a trend of WISHers down a very similar path you described, for whatever reason, we found ourselves with creeping weight being put back on. maybe the honeymoon phase was over and the reality phase began and in our heads we thought we were still honeymooning? i don't know but what I DO know is that you are very strong and very deteremined and when you are ready you WILL be successful!

i'm sitting her typing this is jeans that are too tight! he he he -- i wear them anyhow to remind myself today that i want these jeans to fit me like I know they will at my goal weight and yes, 5 lbs does make a difference. hang in there, i'm very proud of you for returning to us -- so happy to see you too! missed you!

and - btw - i have been indulging in a few rummy cokes, glasses of wine, so i'm with you on that. we know that's counterproductive for weight loss, we'll tackle this together!!

oh.......yeaGO BUCKS! ***all in good fun :)

Welcome back Tracy!:wave2:

:hug:, :wizard: and :goodvibes are all for you! There are a lot of people making their way back to WISH these days. Welcome to the crowd! :o I came back at the end of Sept after my trip to LV!:rolleyes:

You know what you need to do to get that weight back down! You did it once, you can do it again!::yes:: But Mary-Liz is right - Baby steps! Take it one day at a time. Start making the small changes to get yourself back to healthy living. Drink more water, get rid of the unhealthy foods, exercise more.......you know the drill!:tongue:

And absolutely, positively "pay yourself first!" You are SOOOO worth it!

Welcome back and best WISHes for success!:teeth:

TTFN-
Sharon :sunny:

Hey Mary-Liz, you are right. I don't really keep junk in the house as far as that goes. My big problem is they types of meals I've been eating. Lots of convenience foods and eating out lots due to time constraints. So I do need to work on that. Like I said, when DH leaves, I know I can do better, because he is a bad influence on me. :crazy: Same with the gym. When we have time together, which is rare and getting rarer still, we cocoon, and that is a large part of my problem. With him in LA, I will be putting my energy back into the elliptical, my best weight loss friend.::yes:: Thanks for reminding me about my water. I have been negligent on that front as well. You know, I know what I need to do, what works, but I just need to be reminded that I can start today with some things and work back into my single minded health regiment. But can I really do that and keep my kids on track and sell a house and plan a move? I can try.

Carrie, Where in Michigan are you from? I'm from Ann Arbor, so the Go Blue thing is kind of in my blood. And then there was that Michigan/Michigan State game! Normally, I don't get too worked up over that one, as I still think THE rivalry is U/M vs OSU, but that was an incredible game!
As far as us challenging each other, I don't know. He is not the challenging type. He is taking the path of least resistance right now and I will be challenging myself to get that Hollywood body before I move. (I have a friend who recently moved out there and she said that the people are very friendly but tend to be on the shallow side. She gets lots of comments on how so and so has a great doc if she ever wants to have any "work" done. LOL!
She is just fine the way she is, but you know how things can get taken wrong and I think maybe she just is having trouble adapting. She does have some funny stories though. I'm thinking I am harder on myself because of the stories I've heard about body image out there, and let's face it, I ain't ever going to look 22 again, so then I think, why bother?)
But I need to bother as my beautiful new clothes are going split if I don't get back on track.

Thanks for the Pixie dust and hugs!

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

Hi Sharon! Ohmom! Thanks for the encouraging words! Ohmom, can't wait til next Saturday!!!! DH is comming home to watch the game and my whole family from MI is coming down to watch as well. I'll be thinking of you. Now, will I be able to pass up the Hooters and Margs?!?!?! :eek:

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

Welcome back, Tracy!

You certainly are facing some big changes in your life right now. I think it's great that you recognized the problems and are ready to get back in control. You've already done it once, you know how to get there and I have no doubt you will be back at your goal in no time. :hug:

Best WISHes to you! :)

Tracey - you (and us) know you can do it
and you'll feel so much better if you take care of yourself

Tracy - I grew up in Brighton and my parents have had tickets to the football games since I was five, so, my blood runs blue too! (Even though I only go once a year now, 'cause I live on the west side)

Ditto on the MSU/UM game, although I always know MSU will be up for the game. I hate being everyone's rivals! I was at the game and am still recovering!

Ohmom, I appreciate your team loyalty. Please don't take it the wrong way, but it must be hard this year. It looks like your Bucks are coming back, though. Too bad neither one of us plays Wisconsin this year! (By the way, my good friend's DH is a Buckeye through and through, we've learned to accept and understand each other! LOL)

Sorry for the football tangent, but it's that time of year!

Tracy - I'm sure you'll do fine on the west coast. By the way, my dad's friend's a doc out there if you're interested. ;) Yikes! Not my style, but to each his own.

Think of us, when we're tromping through the slush!

Just wanted to welcome you back Tracy! You CAN do this!! ::yes:: It really is so easy to get off track (I have been on and off myself over the past few months.) but the important thing is to keep trying - you have done it before and you know you can do it now and you have the support of all of your WISH friends. :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter