Here Comes The Magic!!!!!!

nannylori

Mouseketeer
So,this morning DH & I are at the beach,Fort Zach,here in Key West. We're talking about how our Fantasy MV is so close,and I'm reading the paper,when DH says,I think that's a Disney ship out there. I say,you're just excited. EVERY ship is going to look like a Disney ship for the next two weeks! After a few minutes,DH says,Hey Hon.......so I look up & there it is, coming our way, the Magic, coming into Key West!!! So I grab my camera,because I always carry it with me here in KW-you never know,last week there was a pirate behind me in line at the post office,then there's a person who inverted a small plastic boat and bungeed it to the roof of his pickup,because it didn't have a roof......okay,so while I'm taking the pictures, I feel as if my heart is going to jump out of my chest, and don't laugh,but, I'm trying not to cry. I believe I was experiencing a moment of pure joy. DH & I have been on the Magic twice. The first time,about 12 years ago,we stopped in Key West,where DH & I ended up spending the day unpacking and putting together patio furniture delivered the day before.During dinner,we won the prize for most boring and tedious day spent in KW,which gave our tablemates a laugh & story to take home.The second time,well,we picked the cruise date before the itinerary was set. We had never taken our son out of school before for a vacation & that week would have the least impact. I was just diagnosed with late stage Lyme, was extremely ill,starting a type of chemo soon and this was going to be our possible last vacation together. It turned out to be the Western Caribbean MV.Ernie Sabella(Pumba) was there. He & the Captain signed a map & the captain also signed a poster and a captain playing card. We received a free poster showing Mickey scrapbooking pictures from the cruise. It was memorable. So you can see how DH & I feel personally connected to the Magic,like it's OUR ship. I just fill up with good feelings everytime I see it. Oh,yes,I'm still here. I'm officially permanently disabled due to major brain & nervous system damage. I look healthier than some healthy people on the outside,but inside...everyday is a challenge,but hey,I saw the Magic today and will be on the Fantasy MV in two weeks!!!!!! Life is GOOD!!!!!!:cloud9::hippie:
Oh,while taking the pictures I heard someone say " How breathtaking!!"
Yep, you got that right!!!!!
I couldn't figure out how to put the pictures in this post-no little image of a mountain popped up in photobucket for me to click on,so I'm sorry you have to go somewhere else to view the pics-IF this even works!!!???? Never did it before......here goes.......okay I just found out that the pictures downloaded in reverse order,so just look at them from last to first........geez, I'm never gonna figure this out.....

http://s913.photobucket.com/albums/ac336/nannylori/Disney Magic/

Love the pics!
I tear up every time we come over the bridge at PC and can see the Magic/Wonder for the first time before we board.
We have cruised the Magic more times than the WOnder so she feels like "my" ship too.
My favorite ship! Thanks for sharing the pics! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

AWESOME PICS!!! Thanks so much for sharing :goodvibes

I can't wait to cruise on the Magic soon....:cloud9:

Thanks for the wonderful story and pictures, sailing the Magic on Saturday. Enjoy your Fantasy Cruise!!

Doesn't Disney make great memories :cheer2: ... enjoy your trip on the Fantasy ... make sure you leave enough Mickey Bars for us when we go in Sept :goodvibes

You are going to love your Disney Fantasy cruise. I just spent a week on the Disney Fantasy and it was an amazing trip. While all my cruises are amazing this ship is beautiful! I love the colors in the atrium. As usual all the crew members went above and beyond. If you don't have Remy booked and are thinking about it I highly recommend it. I am somewhat of a picky eater and the food and atmosphere are unbelievable and don't miss the new show Aladdin. It is now one of my favorites. Enjoy and have so much fun on your cruise!!

Thank-you!! Thank-you!!!:love:
I don't even have words to describe how excited I am!!
Will there Mickey Bars on the Fantasy???:confused:
I don't know who to believe about them being or not being available.
It's been so long since I've had one!!!!!!:hippie:

So,this morning DH & I are at the beach,Fort Zach,here in Key West. We're talking about how our Fantasy MV is so close,and I'm reading the paper,when DH says,I think that's a Disney ship out there. I say,you're just excited. EVERY ship is going to look like a Disney ship for the next two weeks! After a few minutes,DH says,Hey Hon.......so I look up & there it is, coming our way, the Magic, coming into Key West!!! So I grab my camera,because I always carry it with me here in KW-you never know,last week there was a pirate behind me in line at the post office,then there's a person who inverted a small plastic boat and bungeed it to the roof of his pickup,because it didn't have a roof......okay,so while I'm taking the pictures, I feel as if my heart is going to jump out of my chest, and don't laugh,but, I'm trying not to cry. I believe I was experiencing a moment of pure joy. DH & I have been on the Magic twice. The first time,about 12 years ago,we stopped in Key West,where DH & I ended up spending the day unpacking and putting together patio furniture delivered the day before.During dinner,we won the prize for most boring and tedious day spent in KW,which gave our tablemates a laugh & story to take home.The second time,well,we picked the cruise date before the itinerary was set. We had never taken our son out of school before for a vacation & that week would have the least impact. I was just diagnosed with late stage Lyme, was extremely ill,starting a type of chemo soon and this was going to be our possible last vacation together. It turned out to be the Western Caribbean MV.Ernie Sabella(Pumba) was there. He & the Captain signed a map & the captain also signed a poster and a captain playing card. We received a free poster showing Mickey scrapbooking pictures from the cruise. It was memorable. So you can see how DH & I feel personally connected to the Magic,like it's OUR ship. I just fill up with good feelings everytime I see it. Oh,yes,I'm still here. I'm officially permanently disabled due to major brain & nervous system damage. I look healthier than some healthy people on the outside,but inside...everyday is a challenge,but hey,I saw the Magic today and will be on the Fantasy MV in two weeks!!!!!! Life is GOOD!!!!!!:cloud9::hippie:
Oh,while taking the pictures I heard someone say " How breathtaking!!"
Yep, you got that right!!!!!
I couldn't figure out how to put the pictures in this post-no little image of a mountain popped up in photobucket for me to click on,so I'm sorry you have to go somewhere else to view the pics-IF this even works!!!???? Never did it before......here goes.......okay I just found out that the pictures downloaded in reverse order,so just look at them from last to first........geez, I'm never gonna figure this out.....

http://s913.photobucket.com/albums/ac336/nannylori/Disney Magic/

I had to laugh out loud when I read about the pirate in line behind you. :rotfl2: I even disturbed my DH from his work to read this post to him.:)

Lovely pics, I am yet to see the Magic and have never cruised before. My family are booked on the magic next year out of Barcelona and I am super excited. Your pictures just gave me a warm feeling inside, so thanks for sharing.

When you use photobucket, copy the img code (the bottom one) and just paste it into your post. HTH

Oh, and well done on your recovery, wishing you the best of health for the future. :tinker:

Those pictures are wonderful! We will be back on the Magic next week and your pictures have made me even more excited if that is possible!

Thank you for sharing!

I know exactly how you feel....we have vacationed in Key West was so excited when the Magic pulled into port....made sure we went down to wave to her. We were staying right at the Westin Key West Resort so she was basically in the "backyard" of the hotel. It was awesome!!! We were on the MV of the Magic so I also feel a very deep connection with her.

Another time we were vacationing at Atlantis and got so excited when hubby and I were on the beach and saw the Wonder approaching!!!!

Here are those pics.

DSC00511.jpg

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

MJ

Thanks so much for sharing! We are cruising the Magic for the first time this Saturday (the Wonder has been our ship until now), but it's a 6 day itinerary so we'll miss Key West, but DH is from Miami so we've been there many times and understand the sights we'll be misisng. ;)

Great photos and you have the prefect answer when people ask why DCL. No other cruise line does these sorts of things on a regular basis. We have been on the Magic 6 of our 9 cruises and have two more booked on her. Like you we see her as our ship!
Take care of yourself and have an awesome trip on the Fantasy.

Thank-you!! Thank-you!!!:love:
I don't even have words to describe how excited I am!!
Will there Mickey Bars on the Fantasy???:confused:
I don't know who to believe about them being or not being available.
It's been so long since I've had one!!!!!!:hippie:

There were definitely Mickey Bars on the Disney Fantasy! Eat as many as you can:yay: I also forgot to mention, do not miss the animation show in Animators Palette!! It is so creative and fun!!! If you think of any other questions just ask away.

Thank-you!!! Thank-you !! Everyone!!!:lovestruc:love:

Now I know I don't have to feel silly being so attached to a cruise ship!!
You know, DH & I have sailed on RCCL,Carnival and NCL also,on all sorts of ships. But it's almost as if there's no reason there to be so fond of the ship,as if it doesn't have a personality,just a nice & sometimes not so nice,floating hotel.
I know DCL purposely designs the ships so they'll push certain buttons,but I don't mind. They're the good buttons and it's all part of the entire experience. You never hear people talk about a cruise ship on other lines the way we talk about our DCL ships-it's like being in on a secret.

Here's another one of my silly thoughts-how I can't wait for midnight,every night,because that's when I call room service and ask for a cup of hot chocolate,warm chocolate chip cookie and a Mickey Bar!!!! It may sound simple,but it means SO MUCH to be able to do that.When I hear that knock on the door,I'm immediately transported to my happy place.

Also,thank-you for your kind thoughts on my reaching a plateau with Lyme. I'm "banking" as much energy as possible next week,so I can start off the cruise ready to take it all in,I don't want to miss a thing. It will take about two weeks for me to recover from the trip,but WOW,what a trade-off!!!!!

If anyone ever wants a welcoming committee (of one or two), coming into KW,just let me know; if we're here, we'll gladly wave you on in!!!
And what kind of town is KW?? Well,you know those covered cloth trailers that are pulled behind bikes? Most don't have children in them.....lift the flap & you'll find a dog too old to run fast anymore.Then there's the civil war re-enactors, in full costume, standing outside the Green Parrot Bar,on their cells,drinking beer,eating pizza-your typical KW Kodak moment.Or on Sunday evening,the police horse tied up to a palm tree beside the church,while the officer stopped inside.
To those going on the Magic soon- get ready to fall in love with a cruise ship. Dare you not to! Have a wonderful time!!:cloud9::hippie:

Nannylori - not silly to tear up and want to cry. I do that everytime I watch any of the Disney boats leave port on the WEBCAM or commericals on TV. Makes me more excited for our cruise out of Galveston in October. Also this will be our first cruise.

We will be on the Magic next week when you are on the Fantasy MV! When I saw the itineraries, I knew we had to be on the Magic! I feel like we will be some of the first people to get to see the Fantasy without even being on her! I can't believe we are in the same ports on the same days! I'll wave hello to you!:dance3:

Sounds Great!!! I'll wave back!!:yay:
Can you imagine..... standing on the dock,seeing those two great ships next to each other! It'll happen alot in the future,but we'll be there for the first official moment!!:banana:
Okay,I have to start packing,really, I mean it. Only men can get away with turning their underwear inside out for lack of clothes.....:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter