Here Come The Magic Bands!

I'm annoyed because our APs and KTTW keys along with any fastpasses fit perfectly into the little pocket on the strap of my baggalini and were easily accessible. These bands will definitely not fit in there and I sure as heck am not going to wear it all! I hate change! :rotfl2:

I'm excited about the bands but curious how/if they will work for our situation. We always rent DVC points for our stays and will often times do a split stay and purchase our park tickets from Undercovertourist. :confused3Anyone thoughts?

You will be able to add tickets to your My Disney Experience account. So when you get your UT tickets, you'll go onto the site and put the barcode number in to associate the ticket.

It will be similar to how AP holders input their ticket numbers now to gain access to the Passholder site.

You will be able to add tickets to your My Disney Experience account. So when you get your UT tickets, you'll go onto the site and put the barcode number in to associate the ticket.

It will be similar to how AP holders input their ticket numbers now to gain access to the Passholder site.

Okay thanks! But if I'm doing a split stay over a total of 9 days and purchase a 9 day park ticket from UT, I'm assuming that the park tickets are going to be attached to one of my room reservations after I go on My Disney Experience, correct? What happens when I switch resorts mid-week?

Am I the only one who hates the idea of having them mailed out ahead of time, its just one more thing that I have to keep track of in the house and remember when I am packing. I guess I could just make my family members wear them 24-7 from the moment they arrive on our doorstep, consider it "practice", if you will :p

Yeah, I am worried they might mail them out once you make your reservation and lay about the house for ages .... and be forgotten.

Dumb question, but I assume if they are mailing them out there won't be any issues with airport security/scanners? It just makes so much more sense to get them issued when you check in. Hopefully they will give you the option when you book

I love them. I like bracelets anyway and I can totally see myself being dorky enough to wear them at home afterwards. Don't tell anyone I carry my old KTTW in my purse every day. :rotfl:

I hope they offer a one custom that's also a watch.

I think they look pretty cool! Anyone who has spent anytime at an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean will be used to wearing a band for a week. It's no biggie. And I have to think that somewhere like WDW, it will be super-convenient to not have to dig out tickets, keys, cards and/or FP. As the only female in our group, I was always the "keeper" of everything - so happy I won't have to do that anymore!

And if they save us having to stand there for 30 minutes getting checked in, and tickets/dining plan loaded on our cards...hallelujah!!!

Really cute and fun looking. Can' wait to wear mine proudly in August. They kind of remind me of "slap bracelets " that kids wear.:thumbsup2

For those who don't want to wear a MagicBand all day, they will be offering a card-style RFID option that can go into a purse or pocket. From what I've been hearing over on the rumors and news section and various press releases on the matter, you can have both a card and a magic band and use them interchangeably. The only difference is the cards will only have a short-range passive transmitter (what is triggered for the "tap" sensors such as your resort room, park turnstyles, and FP redemption) while the magic bands will have an additional battery-powered long-range active transmitter (to be read by sensors throughout the park which Disney may use to determine crowd control measures or determine to whom to send special deals such as coupons or bonus FPs) in addition to the passive transmitter. Of course with the bands being watch band style, if you want to take advantage of the benefits of the long-range transmitter without wearing it, you could always loop it around a belt loop or purse strap.

Probably costs just a few cents more than sending out customized color maps or vacation planning DVDs.

Not to harp on this, but both the production and shipping of these looks like a lot more than a few cents.

Don't get me wrong--they look cool and I'd be excited to get them this way. It's my practical side that protests a bit and wonders how much my ticket cost will go up because of a cool box.

:goodvibes

I hope they will be able to hold all the Disney related information about us. I carry a room key, DVC card, TIW card, Disney Visa and my AP when I'm at WDW. It would be nice to have all of that info stored in one place. I hope all of the available discounts can be on the band.

chris4disney said:
Okay thanks! But if I'm doing a split stay over a total of 9 days and purchase a 9 day park ticket from UT, I'm assuming that the park tickets are going to be attached to one of my room reservations after I go on My Disney Experience, correct? What happens when I switch resorts mid-week?

Your MagicBands will be used for both resorts. When you go to the second resort, they'll activate the bands to work with your new resort room.

I hope they will be able to hold all the Disney related information about us. I carry a room key, DVC card, TIW card, Disney Visa and my AP when I'm at WDW. It would be nice to have all of that info stored in one place. I hope all of the available discounts can be on the band.

The info is not on the band itself, just like it's not on the mag-stripe ticket media.

I love them. I like bracelets anyway and I can totally see myself being dorky enough to wear them at home afterwards. Don't tell anyone I carry my old KTTW in my purse every day. :rotfl:

LOL hilarious. totally something i would do as well. just wear it around the house thinking about disney hahaha.

The info is not on the band itself, just like it's not on the mag-stripe ticket media.

I understand that. I was just wondering if all of the info such as TIW discounts and DVC membership will all be accessible so I won't have to carry all those cards.
Also others have mentioned getting a message about rooms being ready. Is there a screen on the band where you can get a message?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter