Here at MK now...

We'll be there March 29th - April 5th. How do you think crowds will be then??

The crowd calendars are all saying that it's going to be crazy over the next few weeks. We will be catching the tail end of it on the 30th.

So I tend to agree that it's going to be crazy at MK. That doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is this fascination with the Jungle Cruise. Is it only because of the guide? They can be funny, but 90 minutes funny? Or is it just the ride that the cool kids are riding these days?

We've gone during slower times in late January when many rides were walk-ons, and the Jungle Cruise is sometimes still like 45 minutes. It's a slow loader, so it can get very long lines if the crowds are significant. I really like the ride, but it's one that I can skip or wait for later if it's that crazy.

I can tell you that ALL rides here are packed. I can barely get through just walking around. Lots and lots of people- and funny u guys should mention it, I was just chatting w a group/family from Louisiana.

Oh, and to add even MORE excitement to the day, we were watching dream along w Mickey and a very elderly lady next to us collapsed and went into convulsions and both my husband and I ran full speed in opposite directions looking for CMs to help her. Me w the stroller and him w our 3 year old. (we didn't leave her alone, a family member saw her after and was w her while we ran off).
She ended up being ok, as far as we know, but it was SCARY. We both almost threw up our CP meals.

What a day!!!

The crowd calendars are all saying that it's going to be crazy over the next few weeks. We will be catching the tail end of it on the 30th.

So I tend to agree that it's going to be crazy at MK. That doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is this fascination with the Jungle Cruise. Is it only because of the guide? They can be funny, but 90 minutes funny? Or is it just the ride that the cool kids are riding these days?

Supposed to only be a '4' today. http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/03-march-2014/

It is Mardi Gras day. It is always super crowded in the MK on Mardi Gras day. I am a New Orleans native and can tell you that tons of people from Louisiana take this week to go to Disney. They don't get Spring Break down there, they get Mardi Gras week (the whole week off). In fact my brother just got to Disney yesterday with his family because they are off all week. Guess which park they went to this morning.....MK. For some reason, all the people in Louisiana think that the MK is the place to be on Mardi Gras day if you are not in New Orleans at a parade. And I find the crowd calendars never take this into consideration.

It is Mardi Gras day. It is always super crowded in the MK on Mardi Gras day. I am a New Orleans native and can tell you that tons of people from Louisiana take this week to go to Disney. They don't get Spring Break down there, they get Mardi Gras week (the whole week off). In fact my brother just got to Disney yesterday with his family because they are off all week. Guess which park they went to this morning.....MK. For some reason, all the people in Louisiana think that the MK is the place to be on Mardi Gras day if you are not in New Orleans at a parade. And I find the crowd calendars never take this into consideration.

In fact, Josh outright says that MArdi Gras shouldn't have a huge effect on crowds. I hope that's all it is, because I am going in May, with a week of 5 crowds, and I am hoping at least the weekdays to be relatively light (following all recommendations of course).

OK this post makes me nervous. I have planned May 10-16 to go. Crowds today say 5. Crowds when I plan to go say 5?!?!? YIKES

I truly was shellshocked by the crowds today myself. I researched beforehand and the "Trackers" had it at an anticipated 1-3 Green day. The place was PACKED. I cant imagine doing that when it is REALLY hot...it was bad enough as it is. Our party had a member with a disability pass so we got to see more than others, I imagine, but even with that it was 45-50 minute waits. As mentioned above Jungle Cruise was at around 100 minutes at one point and Pirates was closed most of the day (we snuck on in one of the short lived open windows). I got done most of what I wanted but boy, different compared to walking on all rides at Epcot yesterday!

In fact, Josh outright says that MArdi Gras shouldn't have a huge effect on crowds. I hope that's all it is, because I am going in May, with a week of 5 crowds, and I am hoping at least the weekdays to be relatively light (following all recommendations of course).

I know. I've seen that on several different crowd calendars. But I can tell you from my own personal experience that it is just not so. I have been to Disney several times the week of Mardi Gras (because like I said, that was our spring break and when we could go). It was always packed.....especially the MK on Mardi Gras day. And we would always run into several people from back home while in Disney. I can tell you the entire time I grew up in New Orleans, before we went on Mardi Gras break, we would all discuss our break plans with each other at recess at school. And every year there were tons of kids making Disney trips.

And as an adult, I can tell you that I have several relatives and friends who are still making this trip during Mardi Gras week. A lot of them ride in Mardi Gras parades over the weekend, leave on Monday to drive to Disney, then go to the MK on Tuesday for Mardi Gras Day.

In my opinion, I think the crowd calendars are probably close to being right with crowd predictions for March/April and spring break crowds. But they really need to up the numbers whatever week Mardi Gras is going to be. At the very least, it effects the MK on Mardi Gras day.

I checked in on a couple of the apps I have that show wait times. Yesterday the MK was crazy, but all of the other parks were very mild. Today the MK looks good, but HS looks crowded with long wait times.

I talked to a few cast members at AK Wednesday and they were all fully aware it would be packed on Mardi Gras and said its more like a 9 day than a 1-3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter