• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hercules??

finchydee

Earning My Ears
My almost 3 year old daughter is obsessed with hercules! I know that it's not a character that really comes around but I figured id ask if and where anyone had ever encountered him somewhat recently. Also, do they still sell hercules merchandise in the parks? Thanks!

My almost 3 year old daughter is obsessed with hercules! I know that it's not a character that really comes around but I figured id ask if and where anyone had ever encountered him somewhat recently. Also, do they still sell hercules merchandise in the parks? Thanks!

Megara is very rare, and Herc himself is non-existent in WDW I'm afraid.

Some of the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom merchandise might feature Hades on it. He's the main bad guy in the game.

Otherwise, as mesaboy2 said, Hercules is pretty non-existent at the parks. You might find a book or two (like the little Golden Books) or a few pins, but that's probably it.

Poor Hercules! He has a great movie, great songs, and even got the girl, but alas, he is invisible and probably (along with Bambi) the most absent of the successful Disney themes. (Sniff!) …and Oh….those muscles!

Thanks, everyone! She already has the dolls (eBay for $70) lol but a few books or even a pin she would love! I feel so bad I can't make this dream come true for her but I'm lucky she at least loves the little mermaid almost as much lol and there's plenty of that around the parks!

I didn't even think about Bambi! Is there anything at any park from this movie?

I really wish Greece was in Epcot. Prefect home for Herc and Meg!

I didn't even think about Bambi! Is there anything at any park from this movie?

I think they might still sell Thumper stuff animals (not 100% sure), and some pins/books type things. I think I might have seen a Christmas ornament with Bambi as well.

Oh sorry. I meant like statues or topiaries or frescos.

Way back in the dark ages when I was in the college program (2005), they had topiaries of Babmi, Thumper, and Flower at the Canada Pavilion during the Flower and Garden Festival. Don't remember any other Bambi stuff, though. Seems like Wilderness Lodge should have some stuff, though, doesn't it?

Oh sorry. I meant like statues or topiaries or frescos.

Oh, I see. I can't really think of any permanent or semi-permanent Bambi things in the parks. However, in that way, there are lots of movies that do not have representation in the parks. I can't think of very much from Rescuers, Fox & the Hound, etc. So, while Bambi is very cute and classic, it's not the only movie that is "forgotten" in the parks.

Why do they not have Hercules stuff in the parks?? I never understood that....

I think it's because, overall, it gets overshadowed by the other movies of its era (like Beauty & the Beast and Little Mermaid). At least the villain is still in the MK (SotMK), so it's not totally forgotten.

Way back in the dark ages when I was in the college program (2005), they had topiaries of Babmi, Thumper, and Flower at the Canada Pavilion during the Flower and Garden Festival. Don't remember any other Bambi stuff, though. Seems like Wilderness Lodge should have some stuff, though, doesn't it?

Last year, the Canadian pavilion had Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh themed topiary. Sadly, no Bambi that I can recall.

Wilderness Lodge uses Humphrey the Bear as it's character. I could see where Bambi would fit in, but Humphrey also works.

The past couple of trips (most recent being August 2013) the parks, stores at resorts, and DtD sold a plush baby Pegasus wrapped in a blanket. There are several baby characters available...including Bambi :)

Hercules music is some of my 22 year-old's favourite from Disney.

Don't know if your little one will be awake for Wishes, but if so listen to the music/audio for the fireworks. You will be pleasantly surprised. ;)

I think part of it is that the Hercules movie is one that alot of people either love or hate. Its also a bit older so its easier to use the ones that most people at least are ambivalent about then to use one so polarizing.

One reason is that most people that like the real greek methology Hercules story dislike the movie because its not at all about Hercules. (My husband is among these and I agree to a lesser extent. I think it was a good movie, about some kid that happened to have the same name as that other Hercules that he had very little in common with)

Yes, but Pocahontas wasn't at all about what actually went down either. I'm just saying. It's a movie, if you want a history lesson open a book or watch a something on the History channel. This is just my point of view though. Anyone wanna touch on why The Haunted Mansion is so hated??

ETA- I wrote "read a documentary"....Oh my.

Yes, but Pocahontas wasn't at all about what actually went down either. I'm just saying. It's a movie, if you want a history lesson open a book or read a documentary. This is just my point of view though. Anyone wanna touch on why The Haunted Mansion is so hated??

Agreed. All of my kids just love Hercules...really, it's one of our top 3 Disney movies.. all of them are on the older side, and have therefore studied Greek mythology in school. They all know the 'real' story of Hercules is nothing like this movie, but that's okay, because it isn't a lesson in mythology. It's just a story, and a very good one at that.

We actually watched it over the weekend, and kept saying we don't understand why you don't see more of Hercules in the parks. The music is really fantastic, and as far as villains go, Hades is one of the best. :)

The baby Pegasus is still available in most stores and he's adorable and super soft. Hercules is my 21 year old son's favorite and we bought him one of these on a trip earlier this year when he couldn't go with us.

We saw him all over the stores last week while the four of us were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter