Helping getting urine out of a mattress

Discussion in 'disABILITIES Community Board' started by happily single, Aug 11, 2012.

1. happily single

happily single <font color=royalblue>Left foot first!<br><font co

My ds13 was started wetting the bed again. :sad1: I need help getting the smell out.

I've tried using dishsoap mixed with white vinegar (read that somewhere once and it worked the last time). When that didn't work I blotted the entire wet area with a clean towel, then sprinkled baking soda, let that sit and then vacummed it. I also have a plate of white vinegar sitting in the room and the room STILL stinks

I went to Wally World and they didn't have Nature's Miracle, but I'm not even sure that will help

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the urine smell out of a mattress? Its a pretty expensive mattress that my dd outgrew and I gave to ds because of his being dry for several months-I don't want to throw away the mattress if I have to!

Thanbks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. peemagg

peemagg <font color=blue>We are doing the AKL tri-fecta<br

4. happily single

Thanks for the link. That is pretty much what I've done already, except bringing the mattress outside. I'll have to check the weather, I just might do that today

5. bopper

bopper <font color=green>Which way to the Hundred Acre Wo

Then cover it with a waterproof cover.

6. anne thomas

anne thomas "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are star

Product Urine Gone, just follow instructions::yes::

7. happily single

Originally I kept the original plastic from the store, but he's a picker and would pick and pull at the cover. I do have a waterproof cover on it but it isn't great, but its the only one that he won't bother with

8. peemagg

peemagg <font color=blue>We are doing the AKL tri-fecta<br

Put a waterproof mattress cover on it after you get it aired out. They work well, and don't give you the plastic noise that the vinyl ones do. They don't cost all that much either.

9. shinysparklybubbles

shinysparklybubbles DIS Veteran

On my son's bed we have the waterproof cover and then a quilted mattress cover over that. It helps with it being hot or noisy.