Help!!!

TheZodiac

Earning My Ears
Wow, I am glad I found this forum.
Can some Canadians help me? My fiance and I would like to goto WDW for our honeymoon, I just called Disney resevations and they quoted me $3313.70 USD for one week at the Yacht Club (Romance Package) this include 7 day unlimited access to all parks in July. Is this a good deal??? or should I book threw a Canadian Travel agent??? thanks:confused: :confused: :confused:

I would not reccomend booking a package deal through CRO or through an agent go to www.mousesavers.com they will have lots of different cost saving ideas for you from codes on hotel rooms to getting less expensive passes.

This may or may not be a good deal depending on what type of acommodations you're getting and does it include any meals or other options.

Summer is high season, so that comes into play as well.

DSNY FN is right though. Check out Dreams Unlimited as well because they usually offer deals to DIS members.

Good Luck, Happy planning and congratulations!!

Also sounds like they are including UPHs with the price -- probably not a good deal any way you cut it. Disney packages are rarely a good deal -- convenient, yes -- but not cost-saving.

When we went to WDW for our honeymoon in 98 we booked 3 days through a friend of ours at ASSp and then we booked 5 day honeymoon package through Disney and then we booked 7 days at Dixie through CRO. We worked it all out and it was by far more expensive to book the package then it was to book the room separately and the passes on their own.

Zodiac give us some more specifics and we can see what we come up. I love finding a good deal for people.

Originally posted by hockey mom
Zodiac give us some more specifics and we can see what we come up. I love finding a good deal for people.

That would be great!!! much appriciate the help :D
Well we think a WDW honeymoon would be fun
Travel plans July25-26 - Aug 1-2/04
My sister usualy stays at the yacht club so I figure I would inquire there although the Beach club villas look sweet but likely out of our league. I think my budget would have to be 2500.00US, I think we will drive down to save some $$$$ but have not ruled out flying even though I hate flying:eek:

thank you

Just checked out the rates through the WDW page -- 6 nights at CSR would run you about $1100US, checking in on July 26 -- which means you can get a lot better price through your travel agent or with the available codes. Is the $2500 budget your accommodation budget, or the total Disney visit budget? I have found the Holiday House brochure prices to be quite competitive.

I can check more when I get home from work but right now I did find-

Airfare out of Buffalo-$210/person=$420 US or $579 Cdn.

If you rent points from a DVC'R the studios at the BC run 14 point a night and they charge $10/point =$140/night. That if for the first 4 nights though because they charge more on the weekends. You would want to switch hotels for the last 3 nights. That is if you have your heart set on staying there because you could get a better rate at one of the moderates which are also very nice.

I would suggest a 5 day pass for your 7 day trip and CAA sells them for $256/adult.

More to come..... until them anyone else have ideas?

The moderates are very nice, but, to be perfectly honest, I'd stay at Yacht Club in a heartbeat if I could afford it. A 5 day park hopper is probably all you need for a 1 week vacation, although it can be nice not having to worry about days/options left. You didn't mention what else was included with the Romance Package, so it's hard to say if they're offering anything of value to you. We know about the UPHs. Are there meals? Photographs? Carriage Rides? Preferred viewing for fireworks? For your honeymoon, some extras might be worth paying extra, but we can't be sure what's reasonable without knowing what's included.

By the way,
Best wishes on your upcoming nuptials.

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter