Help!

SDHoltzclaw

Earning My Ears
Hey guys long time no see, couldn't remember the log in to my old account so had to start a new one! :sad2: Anyways, so I booked a trip for me and my best friend for May 7-May 14th. She's only been one time and it was with our high school, so she didn't really get to do Disney the right way. We're going to stay at All Star Music, we also got the dining plan, and have our flight booked. I want this to be special for her and show her the real Disney way. This will be my tenth trip. Do you all have any pointers on what I should make sure we don't miss, anything for first timers that will really stand out?
Thanks! -Shanna:flower:

Definitely the magic kingdom! There's nothing like the first time you see the castle.
I'm taking my best first here at school for her first ever time over Spring Break so I feel ya on the First timers!
She's also really excited for Epcot!
For dinners we made a reservation at BOG and Im still holding out hope for the castle. We are also eating in Mexico since Mexican is her favorite kind of food.

If you guys are over 21, take her for a drink in World Showcase. It's a fun way to show that Disney isn't just "kids stuff". Or even drink around the world!

So great that you and your best friend get to experience Disney together! I'm taking my boyfriend for the first time next year, so here's a few things I thought up.

1) Since you have the Dining Plan, I'm guessing you're aware that Rapid Refillable mugs are included in the plan. Take full advantage of those, and grab some drinks whenever you're chilling at your hotel.

2) Before the trip, have her look at a descriptive list of the rides in each park, and mark which ones she definitely wants to ride. Not really a list of the ONLY RIDES you'll go on, just the ones she'd rather not miss. That way, she has an idea of what to expect, and won't be caught off guard by rides that might make her uncomfortable (lookin' at you, Tower of Terror ;)). I'd recommend the WDW Unofficial Guide for 2016, since it gives the most honest review. If $10-15 bucks is more than you'd like to spend on a copy, check your local library.

3) Pick up a 1st visit button at any Guest Relations desk in the parks/resorts. It may look a bit dorky, but at the very least workers will notice it and treat you extra nicely. You may even get some random freebies out of it!

Hope this helps!

I totally agree on the button suggestion!! As a former CM, I LOVED talking to guests with celebration buttons, and I would try to go out of my way to make their visit extra special. You never know what magic you'll get! :D Also, make sure you make some great dining reservations at character meals! Even though it may seem childish and silly, it's totally fun and she will get a kick out of meeting characters without having to stand in lines in the park! I would recommend Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, or 1900 Park Fare to name a few. Especially with the dining plan it can be a great use of credits!!! You are going to have so much funnnn!!!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!