Help

What 1 TS credit in MK do you like best for dinner?

• Liberty Tree Tavern

• The Plaza Restaurant

• Tony's Town Square

• Crystal Palace

Results are only viewable after voting.

bmoc_ny

Mouseketeer
Out of the 3 single TS in MK what do you like best and why?

Need to know, because I was just informed by Beach Club itinerary planning that MK could close due to capacity on the 4th of July so I have to change my 9 Dragons to something inside MK..........

Need to know, because I was just informed by Beach Club itinerary planning that MK could close due to capacity on the 4th of July so I have to change my 9 Dragons to something inside MK..........

We really liked Crystal Palace. We booked the latest breakfast and kind of ended up with a brunch. The characters were great, the food was good and we liked not having to leave the park.

They have an awsome fresh fruit section, their foods are not smothered in sauces, and their service has always been very good.

Liberty-I did not care for their dinner. Their turkey was drier than their I don't know what.
Tony's-Only been there for breakfast and they served instant eggs...ewwwww. Service was bad.
Plaza-better than Liberty and Tony's, but I would still prefer Crystal.

I voted for LTT as it is our favorite.

We do not consider The Plaza to be TS. It is glorified CS - sandwiches only. It is nicer and they bring it to you, etc, but it is still nothing but sandwiches. The 20% TIW discount we can get makes it compirable to a CS, so it is still an option for us, but not a top pick at all.

because I was just informed by Beach Club itinerary planning that MK could close due to capacity on the 4th of July so I have to change my 9 Dragons to something inside MK..........

You couldn't PAY me enough to be in the MK on 4th of July. Insanely crowded. I'd recommend avoiding it unless you have to be there for some reason. It is one of the top few most crowded days all year, and yes, it will mostly likely fill to capacity and early. :crowded:

I voted for LTT. Have you checked availability at these places? I know it is a wicked busy time and you might not have a ton of options to choose from.

You couldn't PAY me enough to be in the MK on 4th of July. Insanely crowded. I'd recommend avoiding it unless you have to be there for some reason. It is one of the top few most crowded days all year, and yes, it will mostly likely fill to capacity and early. :crowded:

We have reservations for the Wishes Dessert Party that night.........

Your post is confusing - Nine Dragons is a TS restaurant in Epcot. If Epcot, closes to capacity crowds, then MK would have long closed.

MK on July 4th is the most insane place I have ever seen - worst than New Year's Eve and Spring Break as far as we are concerned.

Need more clarication on your post. I highly doubt there is much availability for anything on July 4th at this point.

Tiger

Your post is confusing - Nine Dragons is a TS restaurant in Epcot. If Epcot, closes to capacity crowds, then MK would have long closed.

MK on July 4th is the most insane place I have ever seen - worst than New Year's Eve and Spring Break as far as we are concerned.

Need more clarication on your post. I highly doubt there is much availability for anything on July 4th at this point.

Tiger

Seems pretty clear to me. They were planning on leaving MK and going to EPCOT for dinner before going back for their dessert party. Since the park is most likely to close due to capacity issues, they can no longer make that reservation without jeopardizing their dessert party reservation..

I don't see why that info is necessary in order to give your opinion on the four restaurants proposed, though.

To the OP: Not a fan of any of the table service places in the Magic Kingdom, but in your case, where I wouldn't have the choice to leave, I'd go with Tony's or Liberty Tree. You're probably going to have to wait, even with your reservations, though, but it's better than being the poor schlub trying to walk up on the fourth.

Not a fan of any of the table service places in the Magic Kingdom, but in your case, where I wouldn't have the choice to leave, I'd go with Tony's or Liberty Tree.

Here's an idea: have dinner at Tony's and then after, go to the Kodak building to the theater in the back for a cool snooze in the dark before you head back out into the 4th of July crowds. It's right near Tony's and it's always almost completely empty in the theater area!:thumbsup2

We often do breakfast at Crystal Palace, but hardly ever dinner. More often, we do dinner at a nearby resort. CR, GF, Poly, and WL all have great dining options and are close to the MK and easy to access. Don't feel like you have to have an inferior dining experience just because you are in MK.

:thumbsup2

We often do breakfast at Crystal Palace, but hardly ever dinner. More often, we do dinner at a nearby resort. CR, GF, Poly, and WL all have great dining options and are close to the MK and easy to access. Don't feel like you have to have an inferior dining experience just because you are in MK.

On the 4th of July they will probably be limited to the MK. If they leave the park and it's at capacity, they won't be allowed back in for the Dessert Party (even with reservations)

I agree, OP post is very clear :)

I would probably go with Crystal Palace. Not my favorite at Disney. but not a bad choice at MK.

Good luck and have a great time! :thumbsup2

I don't really like any of the TS restaurants at MK, but I picked Liberty Tree because I like the atmosphere.

Seems pretty clear to me. They were planning on leaving MK and going to EPCOT for dinner before going back for their dessert party. Since the park is most likely to close due to capacity issues, they can no longer make that reservation without jeopardizing their dessert party reservation..

I don't see why that info is necessary in order to give your opinion on the four restaurants proposed, though.

To the OP: Not a fan of any of the table service places in the Magic Kingdom, but in your case, where I wouldn't have the choice to leave, I'd go with Tony's or Liberty Tree. You're probably going to have to wait, even with your reservations, though, but it's better than being the poor schlub trying to walk up on the fourth.

Got it - I confused what the OP was talking about with the parks mentioned - goodness gracious! I mentioned this as I thought they were going to leave Epcot due to it being closed to capacity, and were then going to try to make it to MK. I wanted them to know that both MK and Epcot are crazy busy on July 4th. BTDT! I read the post 2x and was confused. :thumbsup2

I'd say to choose whatever restaurant is available - I don't have to check, but the new online system will show whatever is available at all restaurants for that day.

Good luck, Tiger :)

On the 4th of July they will probably be limited to the MK. If they leave the park and it's at capacity, they won't be allowed back in for the Dessert Party (even with reservations)

And that is why we always travel when crowds are lowest (the lower temps please me too :thumbsup2) I know they run the risk of not getting in later, but I honestly don't care for the TS at MK. I would prefer CS at MK if I could not leave.

I agree, OP post is very clear :)

I would probably go with Crystal Palace. Not my favorite at Disney. but not a bad choice at MK.

Good luck and have a great time! :thumbsup2

I did understand the OP, I just can't say I would eat TS at MK unless it was breakfast at CP. ;)

I would go for which ever one is open - I just checked on July 4th for "dinner" for a party of 4 - that's how many is in my family - and the only ADRs I can find in MK is after 8pm..

and that's too late for me..

GOOD LUCK with whatever you choose!!

I think Crystal Palace is the only TS in the MK even worth considering. We really like it, but also really don't care for the others.

It might take a fair amount of Pixie Dust to get a reservation there at a decent time on the 4th of July, however, so I wish you luck! And keep trying back, as cancellations may happen.

And that is why we always travel when crowds are lowest (the lower temps please me too :thumbsup2) I know they run the risk of not getting in later, but I honestly don't care for the TS at MK. I would prefer CS at MK if I could not leave.

I agree, you couldn't pay me enough to go into the MK on the 4th of July. (Well you could, but I don't see anyone offering me thousands of dollars...;))

I just quoted you to let the OP know that your idea (while good for other days) was a horrible one for that day (if they're going to be in the MK anyway) and have already prepaid for a party for that evening. They could well be out of luck if they went to a better restaurant nearby.

While Liberty Tree is okay, I prefer Crystal Palace. I'm very picky about my Italian food, so I avoid it while at Disney, or anywhere else for that matter. :rotfl: Out of the ones you listed Crystal Palace is has the best variety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter