Help !!!

wide awake

<font color=darkgreen>Nuts are good<br><font color
Hi All,
Make me feel better, please !!! I've been bawling for the past hour, finally admitted to our cruise newsletter person that we'd cancelled our cabins for the 11-day S-Carribbean. DH is in Afghanistan, his R & R is in December, I can't justify floating around the Caribbean w/o him. This is the first time in four years we haven't done a DCL cruise in the fall, and I'm having a very hard time. I feel like a spoilt brat, there are so many things to be upset about, and I'm wailing about this...and after all, tons of people have never had a DCL vacation, I'm extraordinarily lucky...a western, eastern, and repo cruise, one after the other. So, please help a very practical, usually realistic person put this in perspective !!! TIA.

So sorry you have to cancel. Just concentrate on the great cruise you'll be able to take when your DH returns.

I think your Tag says it all. Plan another vacation for when your DH gets back... Maybe a December Double DIp...come on you know you'd love to be on Castaway Cay twice in one week..... :cool1:

I know how you feel about bawling over a "seemingly" simple scenario...I erased my Tags on accident...I am truely bummed. :sad:

Chin up, get on the DCL website an go get that December Cruise Girl! :banana: I am happy to be a shoulder! :banana: :hug:

(((HUGS))))) It will be OK. :) Come on over to the 12/9/06 group! We are a friendly bunch.

wide awake said:
Hi All,
Make me feel better, please !!! I've been bawling for the past hour, finally admitted to our cruise newsletter person that we'd cancelled our cabins for the 11-day S-Carribbean. DH is in Afghanistan, his R & R is in December, I can't justify floating around the Caribbean w/o him. This is the first time in four years we haven't done a DCL cruise in the fall, and I'm having a very hard time. I feel like a spoilt brat, there are so many things to be upset about, and I'm wailing about this...and after all, tons of people have never had a DCL vacation, I'm extraordinarily lucky...a western, eastern, and repo cruise, one after the other. So, please help a very practical, usually realistic person put this in perspective !!! TIA.

Awww... well we all know feelings, esp the bad/sad ones are amplified when hubby is deployed. I can understand. I don't blame you either for not wanting to go without him. Plan something great for when he gets back and ENJOY your time together. Wish you well and good luck to you and your hubby... I hope he will return to you safe soon.

Hi!! Make another reservation, how about New Year's Eve? IF, not think of another great time, but make reservations now, so you can feel better! I see in your signature that you like making reserations or that is a therapy. . . so do it!

I never even thought of that...I am a little slow....
New Year's Eve would be Amazing on the Cruise, especially if you have an SO. I don't have one, so it's not high up there on my top ten Holiday list, but New Year's would be Magic-al and Wonder-ful on DCL. :thumbsup2

There's nothing wrong with feeling sorry for yourself here......I know what you are feeling in a way.

My dh was deployed to Bosnia years ago, and missed our ds's 1st birthday and Christmas. I didn't even put up a Christmas tree that year. I know how hard it is to be without him, and your emotions are very unstable. So, even though it seems as though you are sad about missing the cruise, your sadness stems from missing that time with your dh. And you have every right to feel that way, regargless of how many cruises you have taken in the past.

How long is his R&R in December? Is there time to fit a cruise in? I know that booking something can be risky, when you are on the military's time. My dh's R&R dates were changed SOOOO many times! If nothing else, could you take a cruise when his deployment is over? Disney had some great deals for military members coming off of deployment to the middle east!

Thank you to you and your husband for all of your sacrifices on behalf of our country!

Feel sorry for yourself as much as you want to. Just the thought that my hubby could be deployed soon makes me cry, much less having to cancel our cruise!
I'll hope for your husbands safe return, and I hope you guys get a great vacation either in December or after his deployment!

You go ahead and feel sorry for yourself today and then tomorrow get on that website and plan a cruise for when your dh can be with you. You would never be able to enjoy yourself knowing he is in Afghanastan. It will all work out in the end. Thank you to your dh and family for the sacrifices you make for all of us, it is truly appreciated :thumbsup2

Suzanne

wide awake said:
Hi All,

I completely get what you are going through. DH is overseas as well (and probably reading the DIS to pass his time and stay cool inside, HI HONEY!!! :wave2: :love: ). We had the 2006 Thankgiving cruise booked well over a year ago and we were both looking foward to it very much. Well, although not surprisingly, he won't be here for it. So, after some working with his scheduling (that he can thankfully have a small say in...) he was able to be home for NYE, so we are headed for DCL for that, instead. Now, needless to say, I was NOT happy about Thanksgiving, threatened to go alone (yeah, right!) But despite my tantrum, we decided that time together is time together, especially when he is gone for the majority of the year. Plus, we have never celebrated NYE anywhere but home (and only 1-2 times out of the 6 we have been together), so I look at it as a huge treat to spend NYE together, a rarity in and of itself and on DCL!!!!

So, I understand. You need to be disappointed and you should be. I know that for the time DH is gone, I have to pass the time by planning what we will do when he is home (working on our DLR trip right now...just around a month to go!) But heavens, girlie, DCL cruises year round! This is the perfect opportunity to plan, plan, plan and to experience another time of the year on DCL. If he is home in Dec, you should join us on the NYE cruise!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter