• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help!!

Plutofan1

DIS Veteran
We can do three things on the first night (nobody answers my other posts so please help)! Our plane arrives at MCO at 6:37 PM on 11/17. We do have magical express and we are staying at Fort Wilderness. We can stay at FW, eat at Trail's End, and then call it quits. We can go to Epcot because of Extra Magic Hours. We can also go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (we would arrive a little late). So please give me tips or other things we can do!!! Thanks!

Not sure of the ages of your family, but my kids are little, so that's my point of view, lol.

I would probably stay at FW, eat dinner, maybe go to the campfire, even though you'll be a little late. Watch the Electrical Water Parade and call it a night. If we didn't do that, we'd probably do EMH at Epcot, but it would depend on how tired everyone was. I'm not sure how long ME takes to get you to your resort, but I would allow at least an hour.

Assuming your plane even arrives on time (which it may not), by the time you get to the resort, get checked in, & make a stop at the room, it will likely be pushing 8:00 or later. By the time you got to either Epcot or MK, it will be later still.

Given that, I'd definitely not plan MVMCP because you will be really late. Likewise, even with EMH at Epcot, you'll only have a few hours and is that worth blowing a days admission expense over? Plus, if you stay out so late on your first night, you'll be dragging the next day.

I say get settled into your resort, have some dinner, and find a non-park activity to do if you aren't ready to turn in. That way you'll be refreshed from your travel and ready to have maximum fun the following day :)

Have a great trip!

I was also going to suggest staying at FW, time to relax, unwind and get ready to start your vacation.

My husband and I did something similiar last year but we did go to MNSSHP on our first night, wouldn't have if we had kids. So if you have kids I'd suggest staying at FW

The best thing to plan is to have your options open. For example we well be ariving around the same time so I have purchased a extra day just in case we feel up to going to the late night park. Now if the tickets had been more the a few dollors I would have not purchased them. Weve been there quite a few times to know if we push to much in the first day after getting off the plane(everyones tired and cranky the next day). So this way after check in we can see how everyone feels. We may just enjoy the feel of the resort,get a quick bit to eat and go to bed early. :woohoo: Rember your on vacation. Hope this helps. Tina

Maybe the Hoop-Dee-Doo review. It's right at FW and LOTS of fun! That's what we did our first night. After arriving at FW and setting up the camper, we had just enough time to go to the 5pm show. After, we stayed around the marina area, visited the trading post, then watched the electrical water parade. We could hear the fireworks at MK, which got everyone excited for their first full day at MK! Have fun!

Plutofan1 said:
We can do three things on the first night (nobody answers my other posts so please help)! Our plane arrives at MCO at 6:37 PM on 11/17. We do have magical express and we are staying at Fort Wilderness. We can stay at FW, eat at Trail's End, and then call it quits. We can go to Epcot because of Extra Magic Hours. We can also go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (we would arrive a little late). So please give me tips or other things we can do!!! Thanks!
i doubt i'd have the stamina to go into a park after flying in late and check in. i've been known to have check-ins that last for 1-2 hours! but that's just my luck, hopefully next week will be better! if you really must do something other thtan get aquainted with the hotel, i'd suggest DTD, stroll a little, buy some souveniers.. then leave a NICE mousekeeping tip and maybe they'll set you up with a cool window display! have fun!

I agree with the others. I would plan to stay at the resort and get oriented and enjoy it there. There is a lot to explore at FW. You could take a carriage ride if you like, or go to the campfire.
You did not mention the ages of those in your party. But it has been my experience that everyone is tired after the travel to the world.
Catch the Electrical Water Pageant on the beach before heading to bed.
I do not know if MVMCP is likely to be sold out that night, but I personally would not waste the money for a ticket on a night that I could not fully enjoy the activities because I was arriving to the party late.
Enjoy your trip.

I honestly don't think you are going to get to your resort anytime before 8:00, so why stress yourself out trying to get to Epcot or MVMCP?!? Just hang out at FW and get your game plan ready for the next day.

I have to agree with everyone about staying put at FW. After you get all settled in and have dinner, you can stroll the grounds and hopefully get to bed soon enough that you can get up all the earlier your first morning there.

I think you are over optimistic and trying to do too much in one evening.

One weekend trip we made (2 adults) we checked into the resort at normal check in time, and went to MNSSHP that night. Even that was a rush job.
It seems like plenty of time. But consider we got up early, traveled all day, arrived at ASMu, checked in, ate, and rushed all evening.
We may have spent 15 minutes in our room before rushing out the door.
And we arrived and checked in hours before you are planning.
If your flight was late, and any of your other plans fall apart you will just will be frustrated, disappointed and stressed. And you would be paying extra for an event you may only get to enjoy half at most.

If the plane arrives at 6:37pm, you might not even get to your resort until 8:00pm. Then, with check-in and unloading the luggage, it might be 9:00pm before you could get to the Magic Kingdom. When we fly in from PA, the only thing we do the first night is go shopping at DTD.

Same here. Just chill. That way you can be up early the next day and be at the park of your choice at opening!

I would vote for the HDD. There is a later show @ 9 or so. If you really want to do something I would definately go see that. I wouldn't recommend going to MVMCP @ that time you'd miss a lot of it. I'd save it for another day. But if you want to head to EPCOT for the rest of the evening go for it. On our last trip we checked in by 4pm relaxed @ the resort for a bit but we all decided to head out to EPCOT for Illuminations. We arrived @ EPCOT @ 8pm. We grabbed a table in MExico had a few Margarrittas and nachos. We had a ball. Even though we didn't go on any rides or see anything else we had a ball. It was a "bang" of a way to start our trip.
Some may say it's a waste of a days ticket but when it cost under $10 to add another day to our passes why NOT!!!

Plutofan1.... I don't think others have NOT answered you, I think they haven't given you the answer you want! :lmao:

I know you really want to go to MVMCP! Others (me included) have told you that the time your plane arrives really makes MVMCP not a good option. You will arrive too late to be able to take full advantage of your tickets, plus it will make you more tired the next day. Having said that, I really understand your desire to go!

When DH and I go our first place we have to visit is MK. That is what signifies we are truely there, walking down Main Street. Doesn't matter what the time, how the crowds are, or the fact we have just blown one days ticket on just a couple of hours. It is what we do. It's what is important to us.

Sooooo. If MVMCP is important to you and you don't mind spending the $$'s for three hours, then go! Otherwise there are some non-park options. DTD, Pleasure Island, miniture golf.... or just going for a nice dinner and exploring your resort, going to bed early so you can start the next day off at a run!

What ever you choose, I hope you have a wonderful vacation. :cheer2:

I would save the admission and maybe ride the monorails around...it's a great way to get everybody excited for their first day in the parks...the castle lit up at night, etc.

I would stay at the resort. If you want to get your family into the disney mood why not head out to Downtown Disney for a few hours? Everyone will be tired from travelling (and no on probably will sleep the night before you leave) so do something a little low key and start your day off right the next day!

Can you view the Holiday Wishes from outside the Magic Kingdom? Would you be able to hear the music? Will there be decorations in november?

I think the decor goes up Thanksgiving week, or right after Thanksgiving. :confused3 Someone here I am sure knows the exact history! :rotfl2:
Any of the MK fireworks can be seen by guests who ride the boat that goes between WL, FtW and MK. It is actually a very relaxing ride. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter