Help!!!

Night-train

<font color=006666>Doomed<br><font color=660066>Kn
DD's just been sick all over the landing carpet (and part of our bedroom carpet!). It's a particularly nasty-smelling incident so what I need is some advice on how to remove the smell from the carpet, preferrably without the need to remove the carpet entirely!! Any ideas folks??? :confused3

Do you have an disinfectant? give it a wipe over with that,better than the smell of sick anyway.

No helpful suggestions DD normally managed to hit things that are washable. Hope your DD is OK (as is your carpet)

Detol diluted with warm water works quite well Hope your DD is ok

I was always told to dilute Vinager and water together and soak the spot. Try in on an inconspicuous spot first. You may have to do it several times!!!
Good luck!!!Hope she feels better soon!!! :thumbsup2

Bicarb of soda :teeth: If it's stained, try making a paste, brush or rub it in, then remove the excess wait till dry and then vacuum.

If it's just the smell you want rid of sprinkle some bicarb over the area, tap the carpet around the area so it sinks right in to the fibres, then leave for a while and hoover.

Hope it works - the first day we moved into our brand new house, DS got a bug or something and threw up spaghetti bolognese all over the cream carpets in 3 different rooms :eek: Good luck getting rid of the smell :goodvibes

If all else fails I know it sounds silly but try the spray you get from the pet shops to get rid of accidents. It kills the smell and leaves quite a pleasant odour. Good luck

Try non-biological washing powder disolved in some warm water, hope your DD's is feeling better soon

wilma-bride said:
Bicarb of soda :teeth: If it's stained, try making a paste, brush or rub it in, then remove the excess wait till dry and then vacuum.

Would this work on coffee stains? There was an unfortunate incident involving hot coffee and my Dad's beige carpet this weekend and nothing's working.

Can't offer any help but hope that DD is feeling better :grouphug:

Thanks for all your replies and good wishes guys. I've been out to Sainsbury's and got a load of bicarb of soda and sprinkled it like Joh said. So far it seems to be working as it has certainly masked the smell. I'll leave it that way till morning and then vacuum it. Results, positive or otherwise will be posted then! Thanks again! :thumbsup2

I've always used stardrops mixed with hot water to clean up after our animals - removes the smell too. Hope your DD feels better soon!

misskrystal said:
Would this work on coffee stains? There was an unfortunate incident involving hot coffee and my Dad's beige carpet this weekend and nothing's working.

Not sure if it works on stains Krystal - just smells I think.

Bicarbonate of soda did the trick! No smell, no stain, great job!! :thumbsup2

Night-train said:
Bicarbonate of soda did the trick! No smell, no stain, great job!! :thumbsup2

Glad it worked :teeth: Hope DD is feeling better now John :goodvibes

Yuck!

Our cat seems to like pucking on our landing! We will have to try the bicard trick next time :)

You can always go and hire a carpet cleaner for a few hours (shouldn't cost much).

We ALWAYS keep bicarb in the house - great on smells/stains, fridge freshener and great for indigestion too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter