Help!

Briarprincess

Disney Movie Buff and Future Special Education Tea
I seriously burned popcorn in the microwave last night. A PLUME of yellow smoke when we tried to open it. Had a fire extinguisher out and everything in case. No fire, but bad smoke and smell. Now the house reeks of burned popcorn and butter, and the microwave is stained yellow! Any ideas on how to get rid of the smell and the coloring? I already tried bringing a cup of water with some lemon juice to a boil but it didn't help.

Try some baking soda on a damp cloth. That may help. Burnt popcorn smell is the worst! :crazy2:

Oh man! Sorry.

I was thinking baking soda also. :) Also wipe it with newspapers, for some reason the newspaper absorbs odors and stains.

Instead of using water with the lemon juice, just use the peel of the lemon or orange peels.
we used to do this with our microwave at work to get rid of odors.

also try putting a cup of water with cinnamon in the microwave. Bring it just to boiling and then let it sit in the microwave. Not only should your microwave smell good but your kitchen will smell like you have been baking something delicious.

Good luck!

Try Mr. Clean's magic eraser, that has done wonders for me. For your house a spray like neutra air can help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter