• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help yourself out at the bag check....

The bag check is a joke anyway. They just glance through your handbag. If someone wanted to bring something dangerous in they would just put it on their body, they wouldn't put it in a backpack.

Actually, they do search your backpack as well and they do look at your clothes. If something is sticking out, they will ask what it is. Of couse there are ways to bring something in, but much safer with security checking bags. Moreover, they are trained to spot anything wrong with a guest, there are plenty of signs, and many civil looking securities hang around.

I have did this for years. even at the airport. I just keep everything in a gallon size zip lock baggie and at bag check pull the thing out of my back pack or purse for them to see. its easier for me to find little things like my lip gloss when I don't have to dig for it. plus it keeps my stuff dry in case my bag gets wet.

Actually, they do search your backpack as well and they do look at your clothes. If something is sticking out, they will ask what it is.

We've gone to WDW the last 4 years in a row and this year I noticed that not only were there more security people at the gates (and I mean real, local authority-type officers) and that more often than not, the security CMs were a lot more thorough about looking in bags then in the last few years.

I saw some people that were asked to totally unpack tote bags packed full of stuff (ditto strollers), and more than a few CMs had flashlights and sticks they used in order to look more closely into other types of bags.

If I have to buy a clear bag, the terrorists win.

;)
4.gif

4.gif

DH wears cargo shorts, and we stick everything in them ;-) I keep my room card and phone in my pocket. Voila - No bag.

I refuse to buy a clear bag, but I will have my bag opened and ready to go for security!:) I get my bag open, and the compartments open before I get in the bag check line. I don't want the whole world seeing my cell phone, wallet, and other personal items.

I always have my bag open, all compartments easily accessible. The security personnel look in and say thanks. Takes about 15 secs. I can't imagine a clear bag being any quicker.
Now..if you have a diaper bag, a backpack and a purse, well...it's going to take a bit of time. Especially if they are packed to the brim.

Do Vera Bradley bags come in "clear" yet? ;)

Just trying to help everyone out. Clear bags help me express it throught bag check. I understand privacy issues...but if it doesn't work for you, that's fine

Now that I have to go back to using a diaper bag - or at least something to carry diapers/ wipes in - the clear bag idea is a good one! I saw a lady this past trip who had a clear backpack like the ones you buy for school and she just breezed right through the bag check. Thanks for the reminder to buy one! :)

Also note (although the holidays are over now) if you take wrapped gifts through the bag check you will be required to unwrap them if you don't have the receipts. How do I know this? Trapped behind a family with bags full of stuff and they had to unwrap them all for Security.

I don't blame Security for needing to check packages at all so don't misunderstand my post. We live in different times now and these things are needed for our safety. But I didn't understand if they had the receipts (which they didn't) how would that prove what was in the wrapped packages?:confused3

I couldn't believe how much stuff some folks drag around the parks and take through security but sometimes you have to (diaper bags, snacks, etc) but sometimes I believe folks bring their luggage with them.

On our last 2 trips (Nov & Dec), I saw a few people in the parks with rolling bags & a couple kids wearing 'heelies'. I thought neither of those were allowed????:confused3

On our last 2 trips (Nov & Dec), I saw a few people in the parks with rolling bags & a couple kids wearing 'heelies'. I thought neither of those were allowed????:confused3

They are against policy.

Sometimes, things slip by and many CM's then don't make the effort to correct the situation.

Sometimes the wrong people get into state dinners and luncheons, too.
Enforcement looks to be slipping at many levels! ;)

They are against policy.

Sometimes, things slip by and many CM's then don't make the effort to correct the situation.

Sometimes the wrong people get into state dinners and luncheons, too.
Enforcement looks to be slipping at many levels! ;)
:rotfl2:

Love that one Robo.
We just have the fanny packs off and open. It takes them 10 seconds to look, then we go on our merry way.

I am back to having to use a diaper bag but I do put my insulin supplies in a clear plastic bag and have it out when I go through security.

DH and I no Children bring no bags just what fits in a pocket
ID
CC
Tickets
and a camara no case

I totally agree! I've used a clear backpack on our last three trips and nearly every security guard has commented on how much they love it. For me, it's easier because I don't have to open a bazillion compartments and then close them again. I love just pulling the bag out of the stroller and then tucking it away again.

The best part is that I found the backpack on clearance for $1!

I would buy one but have never found one. $1 is a great bargin.

Sorry, just because WDW has security checks is no need for me to resort to total tackiness and put all my stuff in a clear plastic purse or backpack. Yuck. I use basic black, it goes with everything I wear, and I don't have to look like a total Mom Geek while wearing it.

Actually, they do search your backpack as well and they do look at your clothes. If something is sticking out, they will ask what it is.
If there's something sticking out of my clothes, I certainly hope they recognize it . . . and tell me about it! :rotfl:

If there's something sticking out of my clothes, I certainly hope they recognize it . . . and tell me about it! :rotfl:

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

Almost spit my tea out upon reading that. Thanks for the laugh. Not saying that the security guards would laugh, just saying your comment made me laugh. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter