HELP: Wrongfully banned from VMK. Ever happen and do they reinstate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news to report?

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

Yes I am curious.

I myself have been having horrible problems with the lack of information given to VMKers from staff.

Also the ride-a-thon I have talked to over 12 people and counting they said staff never showed up, they got the e-mail saying they were in and waited in their rooms all week but staff never showed up! More then 1 staff member sometimes go to the rides which takes time from judging the teams they are assigned.

This is a unfair ban, they I guess "skim" the convo, and if your son just said "Thank you" instead of "Thank you but no" or "Thank you but I don't lend out my magic bye", and closed the trade, they will see the "thank you" and say oh you are scamming and ban you. Contact them until you get someone. VMK does not have a phone number, If they did they would be in a 5 hour conversation with me of all the problems they have in this game.

Explain the thanking the guest in more detail, that's a big thing. Tell VMK your son's age and how he did not say "sorry no" and being a boy did not want to give his magic away to get scammed, possibly a little nervice? about this scamming guest and said thank you. It was all a misunderstanding, if VMK does not help you out I will send in feedback myself to VMK about this subject since I am fedup with VMK's "minor mistakes".

I just remembered...last month for some reason I called and spoke to a Disney person regarding my and my DD VMK account names. He had information on our member names and vmk character names. I wonder if this is a phone number that may help, or if it is just a general Disney #..? I'm not sure if this is the same phone number I called, but I did a search and came up with this: 503-626-5476 (US Residents). If not, maybe they would have a phone number of someone you could contact? :scratchin

I also found these, but haven't checked them (you never know who is going to be able to help you):

For special questions, call Walt Disney Guest Relations at (407) 824-4321

Tiinkerbelle said:
...Also the ride-a-thon I have talked to over 12 people and counting they said staff never showed up, they got the e-mail saying they were in and waited in their rooms all week but staff never showed up!...
Some staff were judging rides in alternate, non-staff characters. I heard our ride (Base Camp Of No Return) was judged by an alternate character of VMK/Host(?)_Hula. We would never have known this if Karo had not spotted her.

Here are more phone numbers...like I said...you never know who may be able to help you :)...

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online 1-973-316-1665

Disneyland® Resort Information: (714) 781-4565

Hi Steve,

SO sorry about what happened. i read this entire thread with disbelief. The only logical explanation for this lack of appropriate action is that the entire VMK staff is only one lone person sitting in a room behind a curtain by him/herself, trying to answer a billion questions a day with computer-generated responses.

i have nothing to offer beyond what the other knowledgeable folk have mentioned. But when you son does get back on, i would love to gift him an indian outfit or haunted mansion suit, or whatever else i can, so he will know that there are folks that care about him.

Anyhow, hoping for some good news soon. Please let us know.

Shrinky

HI All,

Thank you for the many many kind words, hopes and prayers. Well they all worked out! After many posts and calls to who knows where... Stevie and the rest of us are back in the kingdom. It was a simple misunderstandin or misintepretation of the trade. I value the effort to protect. I only wish the judge came out of the chambers more often. LOL!

It is truly touching to have so many people come forth and want to help a situation and members of a community. I think the country and world needs to take notice to the fine folks here and the values shared.

My hat is off to everyone. It was a roller coaster but in the end, we are back where we started and it's all good.

I look forward to meeting everyone in VMK.

Stevie is Mickbee and I am Mickbeetoo. Stop by and say "hi"!

Yo ho yo ho...

Yay! I am so glad it worked out. It is such a shame that it took so long :(

Mickbee said:
Hi All,

I was hopeful the folks on the VMK disboards could help out with a most unfortunate situation in VMK. I wanted to share a very disappointing incident which transpired yesterday while our son was playing VMK.

Brief overview:

Our 12 yr old son has been playing VMK since day one and plays every day with excitement and great enjoyment. His favorite game is VMK and has participated in every park quest and displays his code cards like little pieces of art. He is a courteous player and ALWAYS adheres to the rules of VMK. At the end of each school day, he promptly completes his homework and chores to play VMK. DW and I often log on as well and play. If we are not logged on, we will often sit by his side while playing and “monitor” the play and conversations (one can never be too cautious)…

The BANNING:
Yesterday, a "Guest" member invited our son to a trade. During the trade the Guest member asked him to "borrow" his Inferno Magic pin. After declining the trade offer and thanking the Guest for the trade offer, our son left the room. Shortly thereafter he was banned until 2016 for the reasoning of "Scamming"! No additional explanation from VMK…

Additional INFO:
We have instructed him to NEVER accept an offer to hold/borrow any items and to never “lend” items as there is a risk a player may disappear with the item (I’ve personally witnessed this happen to players).

I’d like to understand a little bit more about the banning process and the criteria for banning? I could accept an unfortunate misunderstanding to be possible if I was not by his side during this incident as he was telling us about the situation as it unfolded.

Needless to say he is heartbroken to the point of tears for not being able to play his most beloved game as well as the accusation of "scamming". It is gut wrenching to see the hurt and confusion on your child’s face when someone accuses them of something so harsh. We hold Disney and the guest experience in a high regard. I fear this incident will sour his outlook of Disney... This may seem trivial to some if you haven’t experienced it.

He has written to the Contact Us link but I fear they will ignore his request as they have on other unrelated questions and concerns. I will be following up with VMK on this issue and request an explanation for the banning as well as a transaction log leading up to the incident.

Has anyone been wrongfully banned? If so, has VMK responded to inquiries and have they been effective to reinstate the account? Please understand, I am not playing the part of an out of touch parent assuming their child can do no wrong. In addition to banning our son, they banned the entire household as they blocked MY IP address!

Any contact information or additional information for a resolution would be greatly appreciated.

It is extremely disappointing how a child is treated. He loves VMK and has many many virtual friends…

Thank you for your help and support. I hope he is able to rejoin the VMK community shortly.

Best Regards,
Steve
When I Read other peoples talk about bannings..it is so unconvincing..it is like they are whining. ...but when you said all of the thing a kid faces when being band it must be painful. i was angry reading about it..i hope they answer or you should sue..lol jk

Okay. I am in a room when people keep on saying "i am older then Epcot" ya da yada..i was quite as a mouse then they band the whole room :scared: yeeseh!!

I just read this whole thread, and wow what a story! I'm surprised to find out how ignorant VMK can be on matters like this. That being said, I'm so glad that VMK restored access to you and your child. :cheer2: :woohoo: Just out of curiosity, how did you recieve the news? I will look for you on vmk, I have an everest 3/5 pin that was only offered in staff games in February that I can give you and/or a couple ice cube chairs and snow carpets, and a HKDL Cyan chair (I beleive it is retired now) if you are interested. Let me know, and I hope to see you in the kingdom soon!

We should all throw a party on VMK to celebrate this! party:

By the way, my VMK screen name is nmunolan.

I am sooo happy for you and your family! What great news! Someone on the other side actually has a heart :rolleyes1 :love: Did you ever speak to someone on the phone? Please share how you finally got your accounts back :). :yay:

Great news. Glad it all worked out. How did you find out. I really think they do read these boards too. Just with all the emails they get it takes too long to get through to them. I did write in too about how they need to have some one a parent can contact to discuss bans. Maybe someday they will figure out how to do this. Though I know it is not easy to implement. It can be done. Great to have you back. Have fun.

Mickbee said:
Well Stevie received a reply from VMK today...

Hi,

We have reviewed your ban and the chat log that was recorded at the time. We believe your ban to be fair and just.

You were warned about your behaviour beforehand, but still chose to break the rules. We take online safety very seriously and your actions were unsafe for both you and the other players.

We're sorry but we will not be allowing you to play VMK any more.

Thanks,

--
VMK_bear
Player Support
VMK

He never received ANY warnings. I'm confused, he did nothing wrong.

If VMK "warns" a player, how do they do it? IM, on the screen popup? I'm confused...

Yuo're kidding! I've red this whole thing and was also shedding tears when I read the message above. Litteraly! I was crying. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Thank god your son finally got in! Maybe I could meet him in VMK. What do think?

Anyway, after reading all those messages, I am thinking about complaining how you were replied to and how long it took to finnaly get into VMK again.

You said that he missed everest month but GOOD NEWS!!

Everest month has been extended for two weeks, and you can still win ice cube chairs in some of the mini-games. Also, everest games are still going on, its like VMK extended everest month just for your son!

P.S. What's your son's name on VMK again?

Deepest thoughts,

~~ yumsse (Spaceye on VMK) :teeth:

:cool1: I am so glad it all worked out. :cool1:
I would also like to say how lucky your son is to have a great dad. The reinstatement was due to your hard work and determination. That never give up attitude really paid off. I think our country needs more dads like you. :smooth:

Hi, i was also banned for 10 yrs:( i dont understand it i was talking to a friend that was directing me to this sit but we were talking in trade i do know that u are not supposed to talk about this on vmk but still, we were talking in trade and then it said u have been banned from vmk forever for giving out personal infermation i gave out NO persanol infermation at all. i went to the contact us but it help tools just poped up if anyone has any way i can contact vmk staff or some thing that would be great bc my mummy wants to know also ( looking for email adresses for vmk thing phnoe numbers any thing ) thx again everyone and im very srry about ur son steve.

My say in this is never let anyone else borrow your stuff for they will never return it

Please do not bump threads that are over a year old unless you have an update to the orginial post.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter