Help with YC Club Level- Newbie to CL

habg1

DIS Veteran
Hello! I booked a Yacht Club Water View room, club level yesterday using a passholder discount. We have never stayed CL at Disney. We are very excited. My husband and I will be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary while we are there.

My question is....I've read somewhere that when you book you are supposed to get a phone call or an email greeting and a form to fill out?

Please help me with what I'm to except from now through our vacation, check in, etc? I have already done online check in. And already have annual passes.

Also, I think there was a BWI club level, outer building garden suite open as well. Any thoughts on the better Club level in the Epcot area? We want to stay in the Epcot area, as food and wine is going on when we will be there.

Thanks for any help!

I did not get an email but got a phone call from CL a few days after I booked to ask if I wanted any help with dining or fastpass reservations. I told them I already booked all that online and asked if they had access to any reservations that were not also available online, and they said no. So I guess if you want someone to make your reservations for you, you can wait for that call, but I'm a planner so that was a bit useless for me.

I wouldn't expect any super meaningful differences between club level specifically between YC and BWI, but the hotel decor, pool, and restaurants are very different between those resorts. Maybe fewer kids at the BWI club lounge if you want it to be an adults anniversary trip.

I have never received either one. Not even a greeting upon arrival. (Until we reached the Club Level desk). So, don't expect much. Club level is a nice perk to have. The breakfast options are great. It was very difficult for us to take advantage of the mid day food items( since we were always in the park). The evening appetizers were great. The desserts and cordials were excellent too. It's all about timing. The lounge is closed in between the servings( I can't remember for how long). So, we missed soooo many opportunities to catch a snack. Our main complaint- Yacht Club does not offer bottles of water. It's so crazy. You could carry as many paper cups of water to the room. But, I don't get the policy about the bottles. What really aggravated us, was that we would see others getting bottles given to them in the hallway running them to their rooms. This was three years ago. I hope this has changed. We have done Club Level at the Yacht Club at least four times. It's not what it used to be. But, I'm sure you'll like it. There is a nice thread about Club level that shows the different resorts and their offerings. Check it out. It's very helpful.

The only time I have gotten a personal phone call from CL was when we stayed WL CL last year. You can call Disney Signature Services. I don’t have the number offhand, but if you go to the CL thread in these boards you should find it plus more detailed info.

Between YC CL and the BWI Garden suites, I would stick with YC. The garden suites are far from the CL lounge. I found it very inconvenient.

Yup, I've never felt I've gotten anything special from staying at CL, and I have done so at YC, BC, BWI, Poly, AKL. You do get food and beer and wine in the lounge but service is nothing extra, in my experience.

I've stayed at both YC and BWI club level many times. I prefer YC over BWI, but they are both great. In recent years, the food offerings in the lounge have been better at BWI (in January, they were offering made to order omelets on Sunday morning!), but both offer many amenities via breakfast, snacks, appetizers, desserts and beverages. The staff (while not as helpful as in years' past) is dedicated to helping club level guests and usually not as busy as other staff in the resort.

I agree with a PP who advised against the BWI outer building garden suite. Those suites are far from the lounge and would make taking advantage of the lounge food offerings very difficult.

I also agree with the frustration about YC not offering bottles of water. That is definitely one of the nice things about the BWI club level.

Back before you could book everything yourself on-line, the club level staff would reach out prior to a trip and offer to help with booking dining and other reservations. However, I don't think I've received those pre-visit contacts for several years now.

You are definitely doing the right thing by focusing on staying in the Epcot resort area during the food and wine festival. We do that every year. It is so great being able to stroll over to Epcot at a moment's notice to enjoy the festival.

we were at the YC a month ago, yes we got a phone call, no on the water bottles. We stay when we can get a good discount, if you get a discount its not a bad deal. I had my share of beers for sure, also a continental breakfast in the hotel food court is not cheap.

We were there at YC last month. CL lounge didn't close between servings. We found the CMs to be very friendly this time. We enjoyed the new hot breakfast offerings that were on a rotation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter