Help with Value Resorts

BippityBoppity

Mouseketeer
Thinking about saving some $$$ and staying in a value the end of this month. I've read and read and I think the biggest draw back for us will be the bed. We sleep in a king at home so going from that to a standard bed might be a bit tough. It is just DH and I and we are mid 50's.

What are your personal opinions from experience of staying in a value as opposed to a moderate?

Also,which value would your first choice be and why?

Thank you so much for your valuable advice.

We live movies.

You could request a king bed if it's just the two of you. No guarantees. Or each sleep in one double so you each have more space.

I believe that POP rooms are either 1 king bed or 2 double beds. We have gone there with two children, so we had a 2 double bed room, but I'm pretty sure they have king beds there (and possibly other value resorts). We loved POP. You can walk to AoA (their food court is really good- variety). The giant icons (Mr/Mrs Potato Head, ...) are fun to look at and remember. It's also neat to walk along 'Memory Lane' and 'remember when...' We loved it. Great bus service from POP too. Hope you have a great time.

We had a great experience at Movies last year! DH and I are not great co-sleepers so we also have a king at home, but the transition was not bad at all. Besides, we were so exhausted from our park days we probably could have slept on the bus all night! This year were going to POP for the first time, and I expect another awesome Value experience!! :thumbsup2

I've stayed at Pop three times, each for one week. I like the pop culture decor, bus service, walk to AoA's food court.

We got the requested king bed last year. If we don't get the king next week, we'll either each take a separate bed or sleep close. Not a deal breaker.
No hot tub or slide with the pool, if that's important to you.

I've also stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge with a friend in her DVC studio. It was nice, but I am still very happy at Pop.

The only value we will ever go back is AoA. I don't think is worth the savings staying in the others.

I would definitely go Value and choose one of the Allstars or POP. I liked the Allstars because of the closeness to each other. We can get on/off the bus sometimes at one and be closer to our room than if we get off at our own Allstar.
It's the bus systems that I like about both POP and Allstar

We have stayed at a value the past 7 years. It works for us. I have stayed deluxe and moderates as well and don't feel like we are missing anything.

We just booked for Oct/Nov and went with Pop. I've stayed at All Star Sports before but I have heard really great things about Pop. Also, I'm dying to check out AoA and the food court there, and you can just walk right over!

Thinking about saving some $$$ and staying in a value the end of this month. I've read and read and I think the biggest draw back for us will be the bed. We sleep in a king at home so going from that to a standard bed might be a bit tough. It is just DH and I and we are mid 50's.

What are your personal opinions from experience of staying in a value as opposed to a moderate?

Also,which value would your first choice be and why?

Thank you so much for your valuable advice.
We go every year and stay at the ASMu. We always get a King. When making reservations and doing our on line advanced check in we also stipulate a King. Always get it. I'll be there in 20 days. Look us up. We are the 62 year olds acting like kids.

Pop has king beds. I'd request a king for sure. Worst case scenario you each get a double bed. No big deal right? Pop has a wonderful theme and vibe. Plus I like the short walk over to AoA.

Second choice is all star movies. Great theme and vibe there too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter