Help with trip planning

Goseethemouse

Mouseketeer
Okay, I desperately need some help with our upcoming trip and would REALLY appreciate some input.

Currently, we have a reservation for seven nights at RPR. We stayed two nights there two years ago and really enjoyed FOTL. Last time, we spent about 2.5 days in the Universal parks which was about right (not big on thrill rides). A bit longer would have been nice but 2.5 days were fine.

Now I can't decide whether to keep our reservation or whether to change it to just 4 nights at RPR and to stay 3 nights closer to Seaworld. We definitely want time to enjoy the pool etc. and don't want to rush around too much.

Basically, we are planning to visit the Universal hotels, Discovery Cove, Seaworld and Aquatica. We are flexible for the most part but do have some things fixed:

Day 1 Arrive late afternoon, time to relax
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5 DS's birthday. Wants to do HPW in the morning, 3 broomsticks for lunch and Aquatica in the afternoon
Day 6
Day 7 Discovery Cove
Day 8 Depart mid-morning

Currently, we are stay at RPR the entire time. The alternative would be to first stay near Seaworld and then move on to RPR early on Day 4 (so we would have all of day 4 and day 6 as well as morning and evening of day 5 and evening of day 7 at Universal)

Please help - I just can't make up my mind!

I'd stay all nights at RPR. I like being able to walk around the resorts and Citywalk in the evenings. Not sure what you would do in the evenings at the hotels near SeaWorld.

How far is SW from UO? Also, I heard that there was a free shuttle from UO to SW. Maybe someone else knows more about that.

Your rate at the RPR will be lower the more nights you stay if your time period is eligible for stay more save more. Sometimes removing a few nights really makes a difference. I would stay there the whole time, it's a beautiful resort!

when is your trip?

if it is this month, stay the entire time at RPH.

you can take the free shuttle to SeaWorld.
sign up for your seats on that bus the night before with the concierge in the lobby.

free shuttle also to wet/wild and aquatica.

enjoy the hotel, the pool games, pool hopping, city walk, mini golf, the cinema, hrc tour (if still available),rock shop at hrc and hrh, check out each floor at hrh for rock n roll memorabilia on each floor, blue man group, sushi bar at rph, sleep in for the mornings, do the park later, do the cinematic lagoon show, pool time back at your hotel in the later evening..........

Hmm seems everyone recommends staying there.

Yes, the per night room rate will go up if I only stay 4 nights instead of 7. However, I could get a good deal at HGVC (internet included) so it wouldn't be much different in the end.

I guess my problem is that it seems the shuttle only goes once a day or so. I would prefer to be a bit more flexible. I can't really get a handle on how far it would be to walk from PRP to I-Drive. If it isn't too bad we could use the I-Ride-Trolley which would help. I guess I just feel Universal is a bit remote and that we might feel "cut off" from other things we would like to do. We are planning to spend at least two days at Seaworld/Aquatica so being close to that would be convenient.

Our trip will be in August. Part of the problem is that I also don't know whether to keep our rental car or not (we will have one both prior and after our stay). The parking rates at Universal do add up but otherwise I would prefer just renting once instead of renting/dropping off, renting/dropping off.

Hmm seems everyone recommends staying there.

Yes, the per night room rate will go up if I only stay 4 nights instead of 7. However, I could get a good deal at HGVC (internet included) so it wouldn't be much different in the end.

I guess my problem is that it seems the shuttle only goes once a day or so. I would prefer to be a bit more flexible. I can't really get a handle on how far it would be to walk from PRP to I-Drive. If it isn't too bad we could use the I-Ride-Trolley which would help. I guess I just feel Universal is a bit remote and that we might feel "cut off" from other things we would like to do. We are planning to spend at least two days at Seaworld/Aquatica so being close to that would be convenient.

Our trip will be in August. Part of the problem is that I also don't know whether to keep our rental car or not (we will have one both prior and after our stay). The parking rates at Universal do add up but otherwise I would prefer just renting once instead of renting/dropping off, renting/dropping off.

We rented a car last Aug and found the self-parking fee's to be on par with other resorts we have stayed at in "big cities". I was ok with paying the fee. If you are planing on spending two days at SW, I would drive yourself. I like the flexibility of coming and going as you need to....not relying on a shuttle that only comes twice a day. August is HOT, HOT, HOT and we take a mid-day break everyday. This is a must for us, even our teens. We need a break from the heat and crowds. Driving yourself would give you the opportunity to take a mid-day break.

Staying the whole time at RPR would be my pick, as you can enjoy the hotel, pools and City Walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter