Help with Trip in November

BigRed7399

Want to Live in Disney
My husband and I are thinking of a trip for Thanksgiving. Can anyone tell me what to expect for the weather? We went last year in Feb and it was a weather disaster.. rained most of the time and cold. Also, we stayed at the Pop last time, but wanted something a bit better. Anyone offer ideas? We would like to be as close to Magic Kingdom. The Contem doesn't look too kid friendly.. any thoughts??
Thanks!

Dont think nov is quite as rainy in fl as feb. Nov can be warm if you're lucky. We stayed at CR in Jan....very kid friendly...chef mickeys, arcade, monorail, pool, loved it all!

We love the Poly and the WL....the Poly having convenient monorail service to/from the MK, while the WL has convenient boat service :goodvibes. We love both resorts for different reasons.....but the WL wins out every time around the holidays (although I'm not sure when the Christmas decorations go up :confused3). They are both great resorts and our 2 teenage DS's love them both :yay:. The Poly has bigger rooms with the beach to watch the fireworks, the view of the castle while swimming, not to mention the awesome volcano pool :woohoo: :woohoo:. As for the WL, the lobby is breathtaking with an out-doorsy theme....it has a huge fireplace with rocking chairs around it to give it a homey feel. The WL has a great pool as well :). One advantage of the WL over the Poly is that the WL is a deluxe resort without the deluxe price tag of the monorail resorts. I'm sure you'll have a magical stay no matter which resort you choose :wizard:. Good luck and happy planning :banana: :banana:.

We went in November after Thanksgiving and the weather was very nice. The days were warm - not hot- and in the evening you needed a light jacket or sweatshirt. We went swimming in the WL pool and my kids even swam in it at night-- it is heated and the steam rises up. I would recommend the WL for all the same reasons as the pp. It is our favorite resort! :love: The Christmas decorations are up as is the huge, beautiful Christmas tree they have in the lobby.

Hello! We went last year on Thanksgiving week. Weather was wonderful! We had a 2 minute sprinkle, didn't even need an umbrella or poncho.

It did get chilly watching the parade at night, need a sweater.

Probably the temp was upper 70's, low 80's. Very comfortable.

We're going back this November as well. Nov 20th - 27th. We're also staying at the Poly. Maybe we'll see you there!

I lived for two years in Florida and both Thanksgivings were gorgeous! This is especially true since both years my friends back in Ohio were shoveling snow. Both years I went to the parks the following weekend to see the Christmas decorations. That parks can be a little crowded for that weekend but it is not bad enough to discourage a trip.

Have fun.

The Contemporary is very kid friendly and since they are so close to the Magic Kingdom, it won't take you long to get back if you used the Resort Monorail or the walkway. So it's great if your tired after a long day at the Magic Kingdom. Besides that ppan77 explained everything else what makes it kid friendly.

We were there last November - arrived the weekend before Thanksgiving, and left two days after Thanksgiving. The weather was perfect! It was warm, but not too hot during the day, and a little cool at night. The only time it was a problem was when we got soaked on Splash Mountain fairly late one night and had to leave because we were freezing! During the time we were there, all of the Christmas decorations, including the Osbourne Lights, were up, and everything was just beautiful. I think November is a perfect time to go to WDW, although it did get crowded the day before Thanksgiving through the end of our trip.

I went in November, left Boston with the snow come down fearce and hard, had to wait tio get on the palne a few hrs before it was deiced and we were on our way. Got into Florida andthe weather was EXCELLENT, the Christmas decorations were all up and that was our first time hearing Christmas songs and seeing it all decorated in the warm weather, it was perfect.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter