• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with trip in May

Robin K

DIS Veteran
Hello!
Mom and I are going for a quick trip this upcoming May. We have 3day passes and staying at POP. We have done Disney before and in fact we are going for a longer trip in Sept. The point of this May trip is to check out the Flower and Garden stuff at Epcot.
We have never been in May only Sept. SO-for those of you who go in May..what's it like? Crowds? Weather? What type of clothes should I pack? Anything special we should know? Also, if anyone has tips for the Flower and Garden stuff let me know!
Thanks so much...have a great day :flower3:

It is warm in May, I would take shorts, capri pants, short sleeve shirts, and a light jacket just in case.

Flower and Garden is beautiful. Just take your time and enjoy.

We went for a spring break trip end of March/beginning of April and it was beautiful. Our purpose was to view and spend time with Flower and Garden. We had a wonderful time.

:thumbsup2

We have been the last two Mays. Prior to that, we went only in Sept. It is a bit more crowded in May than Sept. but not unmanagable. The it pretty hot in May. During our last two trips, upper 80s to mid 90s. During our last two trips of 7 days each, it only rained one day (and even then it was only for about half the day) so that was nice compared to Sept. where it rains almost everyday at least for a few min.

We went the second week of May last year. It was VERY hot ... mid to upper 90s the entire week. On top of that, I ended up with the dreaded heat rash on the bottoms of both legs, which itched terribly. Ugh! Hopefully you'll have a better experience than that.

We've gone several times in May - it's my favorite time to go. Crowds aren't bad, weather is beautiful & the flower/garden show is really fun to see. Definetly plan on hot days but you may need a sweatshirt or light jacket at night. Have a GREAT time!

I went on my first solo trip a couple of Mays ago. The Flower Festival is wonderful. Dont miss the butterfly garden. I went the first week of May and the weather was just right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter