• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with tickets

kamik86

DIS Veteran
Last time when my DH and I went we just got a package. This year my extended family is going and we bought DVC and are staying in a 2 bedroom.

We bought the dining plan and have our accommodations so now its time to worry about tickets. My DH and I want to get annual passes. Does everyone else in the room need the same type of tickets like they do on the package? Do all the tickets need to be bought together? Can I just have every group (my parents, sister 1 for her two kids, sister 2 for herself and daughter) get their own tickets from the website (and just recommend what they get since they are all first timers)? Everyone will need 7 day park hoppers and DH and I need the APs that let you in the water parks and disney quest. If others want the water parks or not is up to them as we aren't all planning to stay together all the time (we would probably kill each other if we tried) but we are eating together (or mostly together) for at least 1 meal each day.

Last time when my DH and I went we just got a package. This year my extended family is going and we bought DVC and are staying in a 2 bedroom.

We bought the dining plan and have our accommodations so now its time to worry about tickets. My DH and I want to get annual passes. Does everyone else in the room need the same type of tickets like they do on the package? Do all the tickets need to be bought together? Can I just have every group (my parents, sister 1 for her two kids, sister 2 for herself and daughter) get their own tickets from the website (and just recommend what they get since they are all first timers)? Everyone will need 7 day park hoppers and DH and I need the APs that let you in the water parks and disney quest. If others want the water parks or not is up to them as we aren't all planning to stay together all the time (we would probably kill each other if we tried) but we are eating together (or mostly together) for at least 1 meal each day.

Everyone can get their own tickets. They do not have to be associated with the room. Our last trip I was the only one with annual pass (I travel to that area on business occasionally and keep my AP just in case) while I bought individual tickets for hubby and the kids. Hope this helps.

Tickets ordered with the dining package must all be the same as ordered for everyone in the room.

After check in, each person can upgrade his independently. More days can be added on the spot at the resort.

Annual passes cannot be ordered as part of the package and you must go to a park (or Downtown Disney) to upgrade to AP.

Tickets may be upgraded more than once.

Tickets can be ordered individually directly from Disney but if your package requires purchase of tickets then you might choose not to order more tickets separately. In most cases it is a lot more expensive if one person ends up using two or more theme park ticket cards over the duration of one vacation.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/dispass.htm

Tickets ordered with the dining package must all be the same as ordered for everyone in the room.

Just to clarify we don't have a package (room stay, tickets, and dining plan) since we are using DVC so everything is separate.

Thus it looks like I can get everyone to get their own tickets. Cool :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter